Chapter 3

I Thought Forever Was Real

"Park Chorong, I think we should break up."

Chorong looked up from her books and looked at Joon Myeon. "Mworago?" "I think we should break up." "Yah, Kim Joon Myeon! This is not funny!" "I'm not joking now am I?" he asked looking at her coldly, with his mouth in a thin straight line. She shook her head exasperatedly, "What brought this up? Why are you like this? We are fine!" He laughed harshly, "We were never fine. I was never fine. You were a challenge. Just a challenge. Now that I've got you, I'm bored of this whole relationship." Blinking back her tears, she looked at him in the eye, "You're lying. Tell me that you don't love me. Look at me in the eye and tell me that. Tell me, Kim Joon Myeon!" Joon Myeon felt as though his heart was being torn apart as he see the girl that he loves blinking back tears. The hurt expression on her face was more than enough to make him feel as though he is the biggest jerk in the world. Her beautiful face being scarred by tears that are flowing down but he still thinks that she's the most beautiful girl in the world. He wanted to desperately beg and apologise to her and say that he didn't mean any of it. He wanted to say that he loves her so incredibly much that he will die without her. He wants to comfort her and wipe away her tears and apologise profusely for making her cry. However, the words that he uttered out were the total opposite. "I don't love you, Park Chorong. I never did."

Hearing those words from his very lips, Chorong felt as though her heart was ripped into two. Not even realising, tears flowed down her face. She gulped slightly before looking at him again, wanting; needing a signal that it was all just a cruel joke and not reality. Not finding what she wanted from his expression, she closed her eyes briefly before wiping her tears away furiously. "Goodbye, Kim Joon Myeon. I hope you're happy as you've just seen my heart shatter into a million pieces. You've succeeded in your challenge." Packing her books hurriedly, Chorong left the park swiftly with her head down. Joon Myeon was left sitting alone on the field and he desperately rubbed his face before letting the teardrops fall. His heart felt like it was ripped to shreds as the image of Chorong crying kept on playing in his mind. "I caused it. I caused her to cry. I deserve this. I deserve this," he whispered to himself, trying to hold back his sobs.

His phone beeped and he looked at it with no enthusiasm. Clicking on the text message, he stiffened once more before closing it and feeling more of a jerk than before.

From: Ronggie Baby <3

Thanks for breaking up with me a day before our 7th monthsary. What a lovely present, don't you think?

Clutching his phone tightly, he groaned in despair as he realised how messed up everything is. He didn't even realise that tomorrow was their monthsary. Not seeing the point of him being there anymore, Joon Myeon stood up and slowly made his way home. "Is all of this worth it just to be an idol?" he thought. "Sacrifice, Kim Joon Myeon. Sacrifices must be done." Reaching home, Mrs Kim looked at her son and smiled, "So how did it go? Did you tell Chorong the good news? I bet she's happy for you!" Joon Myeon took one look at his smiling mum and hugged her tightly before letting it all out. Startled, Mrs Kim tightened her arms around him while comforting him softly. "What happened, Joon Myeon-ah? What happened?"

"We broke up," he mumbled into her shoulder. Shocked, Mrs Lim entangled her son away and asked, "How did that happen? You both were so happy and in love!" Joon Myeon shuddered unconsciously and mumbled softly that she was forced to strain her ears so that she can hear it, "I know and it was all my fault." Wanting to berate and wheedle out information from her son, Mrs Kim looked at him only to feel her heart clench in hurt. His whole demeanour screamed depressed and he looked as though he can just cry and collapse anytime. Patting him slightly, she gestured towards his bedroom and said, "Go wash your face and take a nap. You'll feel much better." Joon Myeon looked at his mum and nodded slightly before walking off.

Chorong reached home and immediately looked for her mum. "Omma, I'm accepting the offer to be a trainee," she said. Mrs Park was startled and looked at her daughter carefully, "Oh why? Just yesterday you were not sure as to whether you want to or not. Did something happen? Have you told Joon Myeon?" "Joon Myeon doesn't need to know anything. We're not together anymore. I'm going to pack now as I have to leave next week." "Yah next week is your graduation week! What am I supposed to say to your school?" "Just write them a letter or you can go to take my cert for me." Chorong sighed before hugging her mum. She then went to her room to start packing. Going through her stuff, she found so many things that reminded her of him. Couple t-shirts, photos, ticket stubs from the movies they've watched, souvenirs and things that he bought for her. Grumbling, she took all of the things that linked her to him and placed it all in a drawer before locking it up. the necklace that's on her, she was tempted to just take it off and place it into the drawer as well. But, somehow she know that she won't do it as she needs at least one thing to remind her of him.

Sighing, she plopped on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Her emotions were a mess and she don't even have the heart to cry anymore. Punching her pillow, she groaned, "Stupid Joon Myeon. Pabo. Ugh." The week flew by and both Chorong and Joon Myeon did not contact each other at all during the remaining days. Sunday came and Chorong found herself at the airport, hugging her parents tightly. "Take care of yourself, Chorong-ah. Appa and Omma will miss you. Do call when you've reached Seoul, arasso?" Chorong nodded before kissing them both, "I have to go now. Saranghae!" Waving to her parents, Chorong immediately walked towards the gates, on her way to Seoul to be a trainee for ACube.

At the same time, Joon Myeon was lying on his bed, fingers hovering over the call button of his phone. Finally mustering up the courage, he pressed call and waited for the person to answer. However, it went straight to voicemail and he immediately flung his phone aside. "Ugh, Park Chorong. Where are you?"

 

 

Hi lovelies, I do hope you like this longer chapter. Do comment and subscribe because comments make me happy and motivated to continue with this fic. If anyone is willing to make a poster for this story, it would be greatly appreciated :-) 

xoxo, fitriahz