Chapter 1

I Thought Forever Was Real

"Rongie, are you going for lunch now?" Joon Myeon asked his bestfriend. Park Chorong looked up from her desk and smiled, "Hey, yes I am. I just need to clean up first." Placing all her books inside her bag, she didn't realise that an envelope fell from her desk. Joon Myeon quirked his eyebrow and picked it up. Opening it, he read the contents before gritting his teeth.

My lovely Park Chorong,

You're always so beautiful everyday and your smile makes me weak. You brighten up my life and I've always wanted to make you smile. Your laugh is the cutest thing ever and your hair makes me want to run my fingers through it. I don't know when I fell in love with you but all I know is that I'm in love with you now. You might not know that I exist but I just want to confess my feelings to you before I graduate which will be soon. Stay beautiful, Park Chorong.

Oppa loves you.

"Yah Park Chorong, what is this!? Who gave it to you?" he asked, shaking the letter in front of her face. Chorong was startled and replied, "Oh, that. I'm not sure. Some girl gave it to me and told me to read it. She said it was from a graduating sunbae. Wae?" "Wae? This is a confession letter! Why didn't you tell me that you've been getting confessions? I'm keeping this. You don't have to read it." "Yah! Who gives you the right to do that! You're not my boyfriend! I can have people confessing to me any time! Give it back, Kim Joon Myeon!" "MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I WANT TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND, PARK CHORONG! HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT?!" Joon Myeon shouted before storming out the classroom.

Chorong was stunned and sat down hesitantly. She looked around her class and was embarrassed to see that most of her classmates were looking at her. "I knew that there was something going on!" "They can't be just bestfriends for so long!" "Aish, poor Joon Myeon!" "Chorong didn't even realise his feelings after all these years when it's so obvious!" Whispers were heard all around and Chorong knew it would be moments before the whole school knows about this. Grabbing her bag and Joon Myeon's bag, she immediately left the classroom to search for him. Knowing where he will be, she rushed to the lake with her head down, not looking at anybody.

Seeing him there, she hesitated. "What am I supposed to say? Do I just tell him the truth?" she thought, sighing. Walking slowly towards him, she sat beside him silently. Both didn't speak. "Joon Myeon-ah, I'm sorry." Chorong whispered while playing with her hands. He looked at her and nearly cursed himself. She looked so vulnerable and as though she's going to cry. He gently took her hand and replied, "I should be sorry Rongie. I didn't think before I blurted it out." "Did you mean what you say, Joon Myeon?" she looked at him beneath her lashes. He smiled softly, "Yes I do. I've fallen for you for a few years now but I didn't have the courage to say anything. Besides, so many other guys in the school like you and so many people confessed to you. I just didn't want to embarass myself and lose our friendship." She chuckled silently, "Pabo, Joon Myeon-ah. I thought you wouldn't ever like me back with all those girls falling at your feet."

Startled, he looked at her. "You.... you mean..... you like me back?" Chorong nodded shyly and looked away. He grinned widely and hugged her, "You won't regret this!"