Chapter 5

I Thought Forever Was Real

Months flew by and Chorong was getting the hang of her new life. Her days are filled with practices, exercising as well as fun and laughter with the other 5 girls. She was blessed to be in a group that is both unique and dorky. There was always something to talk about at night and the bond between the members strengthened. Cube Entertainment allowed them to keep their phones but they have to delete all of their contacts except for their parents, members and manager numbers. Chorong kept in contact with her parents nearly every week, telling them that she is doing well and always advising them to take care.

However, she kept on receiving calls and text messages from a number that she will always remember as it's forever etched in her mind. It all started one day when she was in the living room with the other girls when her phone rang. Wondering who it was, she reached for it and looked shocked before biting her lip. Nervously, she pressed the red button and changed her phone to silent mode. Hayoung looked at her worriedly and asked, "Unni, why didn't you answer the call? It could be important?" She laughed nervously and shook her head, "Ah if it's this number, it will never be important. If you girls ever see the number ending with 7362 call again, just reject it okay?" The girls looked at each other and shrugged before nodding their head. Chorong's attention was no longer on the television screen. Her mind was filled with so many jumbled thoughts and she wondered why he even called her. Resisting the urge to text him to ask, she switched off her phone after sending a quick text to her mum that she will be uncontactable for a while.

Banishing any thoughts of Joon Myeon from her mind, she firmly said to herself, "Don't have to bother about him, Chorong-ah. You meant nothing to him. Stop thinking about him and try to forget him." Nodding her head in determination, she continued watching the television with the members, occasionally laughing at the funny parts of the show. Bomi looked at the leader with a frown, "Is Chorong having some sort of problem? Ah, I will ask her later in our room." Not long after that, Chorong immediately told the girls to wash up and sleep as they have a long day ahead of them. Grumbling slightly, the girls took turn washing up and said their good nights to each other before entering their respective rooms. In Chomi's room, Chorong was busy looking through her laptop and realised that there were tons of pictures of her and Joon Myeon that she has yet to delete. She didn't realise Bomi looking over her shoulder until Bomi said in her ear, "He's handsome. Who is he?" Jumping up in surprise and placing her hand on her chest to calm her beating heart, Chorong turned around to see her roommate staring at the pictures before looking at her. Chorong just smiled weakly and said, "Ex-boyfriend." Bomi ahhh-ed slowly and asked, "Was he the one that called your phone just now?" Nodding softly Chorong replied, "Ne", while deleting all the pictures, except for one. She can't bear to not even have one picture of them in her laptop as she knew that it would be a very long time till she get over him. Bomi patted her on the shoulder, "Gwenchana. He will regret it when he sees you on television plus I bet so many guys will want to be your special one or even just your friend. Hehe even among idols too!" Laughing, Chorong just looked at Bomi as though she was nuts, "Why would male idols even want to be my friend? Haha I'm their hoobae yah, Yoon Bomi. Pabo." Bomi went under her covers and switched off her lamp before saying to Chorong who was doing the same, "I don't think you realise how beautiful you are, Choronggie!" The girl in question just laughed again and replied, "You're crazy. Yah, go sleep or else you won't be able to wake up early tomorrow! Good night." No response was heard from Bomi except for her soft snores.

Giggling slightly, Chorong tossed and turned in her bed. Her thoughts were chaotic and she can't help sighing every few minutes. She the necklace that's around her neck and wondered how Joon Myeon was. Taking her phone from her bedside table, she read all of his unread texts and without even realising it, tears streamed down her face as she read every text slowly.

"Ronggie-ah. I miss you."
"Baby, call me back please?"
"Ronggie baby, I'm sorry. I really am sorry. Call me please?"
"I miss you."
"I'm sorry. Please call me back. Please."
"Baby, where are you? You're not home and you're not here for graduation. Where are you, Park Chorong?"

"Ronggie please tell me where you are. Are you doing fine? Have you been eating? Who's taking care of you? Please reply. Please."
"Have you found someone else? Is that why you're not replying?"
"Chorong, please reply."
"Ronggie. Choronggie. Park Chorong. Where are you?"

"Baby, I love you."

Hands shaking, she clicked reply and stared at the empty message box. "I miss you too, oppa. I really miss you. What did I do wrong?" 

Before she can press send, she shook her head slightly and said, "Yah Park Chorong, what are you doing!" She then saved it to drafts and placed her phone back. Burying her face in the pillow, she cried her heart out as she realised just how deep her feelings are for Joon Myeon and how it doesn't seem to be fading away any moment. Chorong didn't know how long she cried but she soon fell asleep with tear stains on her cheeks. The next day, Chorong was the first one to wake up, as always. Looking at herself in the mirror, she sighed as she saw the puffiness and redness of her eyes. Applying a dab of make up after showering, it doesn't seem to help and it's apparent to everybody that she must have cried the night before. Not wanting to dwell so much on it, she went to wake up the members before making breakfast for them. One by one, the girls entered the kitchen and ate their breakfast. Naeun looked at Chorong and asked worriedly, "Chorong Unnie, are you okay? Why are your eyes so puffy and red? Did you cry?" The other members immediately stopped their chatter and narrowed their eyes as they saw their leader. Chorong just waved the concern away and laughed softly, "No, I didn't! I'm fine. Really." She then took her plate to the sink and began washing slowly. Eunji looked at Bomi and Bomi shrugged before pointing towards her phone. Eunji nodded and took out her phone to text.

From: EUNJIIIIIIIII~
Yah, what happened!?

From: BOMIIIIIIIII~
She was feeling down last night but she said she was fine! I think she cried herself to sleep. Yah, 지금 우리는 무엇을해야합니까????
(A/N: translation - now what do we do????)

Before Eunji can reply, Chorong already took their empty plates away and told them to get ready as their manager will be coming in ten minutes time. The girls immediately took their belongings and got ready. They then made their way down to the carpark and saw their manager who immediately opened the van door for them. Chorong sat in front and turned to look at the girls before reminding them to put on their seat belts. A chorus of "Ne!" was heard and the van moved off. Looking at their manager, Chorong asked, "Manager oppa, where are we going?" He just smiled and said, "A Cube Entertainment of course!" Nodding her head, she looked back and saw most of the girls sleeping except for Namjoo who was listening to her iPod. Taking out her own iPod as well, Chorong played a song by CNBlue and let the music calm her.

Not long after that, manager oppa woke her up. "Chorongie, wake up. We're here!" Rubbing her eyes cutely, she looked at him and nodded before getting out of the car. She opened the back door and shook the members awake. "Yah, girls! We're here! Wake up!" The girls all woke up slowly and yawned while taking off the seatbelts. They slapped their faces softly to wake themselves up before making themselves look presentable. They then walk into the agency, heading straight towards the CEO's office. In there, they were quite surprised to see the CEO of CUBE as well as their BEAST sunbaes. They immediately bowed and greeted them before sitting down at the seats available. CEO Choi Jin Ho smiled at them and introduced them to the people there. CEO Hong Seung-sung greeted them and introduced the BEAST members present to them though they didn't have to as everyone knows who they are. CEO Hong introduced Yoseob, Junhyung and Hyunseung to them as their idol trainers as of now.

"Mwo?! Idol trainers!? Jinjja?!" Chorong asked in shock. The BEAST members laughed softly and Yoseob said, "Ah, kyeopta!" She blushed and looked down, letting her hair cover her red face. The other girls were giggling softly as they saw their leader embarrassed. CEO Choi smiled along and said, "The reason why I called you girls here is because after seeing your training sessions for both vocal and dance, the company has decided that you girls will soon debut in April next year as APink!" "Jinjja??!!!???!!" the girls asked before squealing and hugging each other. Those who were looking at them just laughed brightly as their happiness is contagious.

Junhyung then cleared his throat and looked at them seriously. "You're left with only four months as it's already the last week of December. You will have to give your 110% for every training starting from today. Me and the BEAST members will not be so lenient and carefree like you always see us as we take our jobs seriously. Yoseob will be training you girls vocally and Hyunseung will train you girls with your dancing. I will oversee your music so if there's anyone who want to write lyrics for your songs, approach me. Arasso?" The girls all sombered up and nodded seriously. "Arasso, Junhyung-sunbae! We will not disappoint you and the company!" Hyunseung gave them a slight smile and said, "That's all we have to say. You girls can go now. However, if you want to see how we will train you, you can follow us to the practice room. Our group will be practising." He then immediately walked out of the room coolly, leaving the girls in awe.

CEO Hong just laughed at them and said, "He is always like that, you get used to it." Namjoo just mumbled, "Hyunseung-sunbae, jjang!" The two other members just laughed and walked out, closely followed by the girls after they've said their greetings to the two CEOs. When they are reaching the practice room, they heard a song blasting from the speakers. Not even knocking, Junhyung and Yoseob entered the room with the girls and laughed when they saw their leader and maknae dancing to 4Minute's Muzik while Kikwang was just laughing his head off. Dongwoon was the one who saw the girls first and he immediately stopped dancing and covered his face with his hands. Doojoon immediately stopped as well and went all flustered as he realised that the girls just saw him dancing weirdly. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA," Yoseob laughed before introducing the other three members to the girls.

"What are they doing here? I thought we're practicing?" Doojoon asked as he took the microphones and adjusted the sound system. Hyunseung took his mic and replied, "Ah we wanted to show them how we practice as we're expecting them to practice the same way we do as well. Plus, me, Junhyung and Yoseob will be their trainers." Kikwang nodded and said, "Ah, understandable. You girls can sit at the side and please try not to make so much noise." APink nodded slowly before making their way to the side of the room. They were all basically fangirls of BEAST and to see their sunbaes practice in front of them is an honour. The music was then played and it was one of their title songs, Shock.

Gone were the goofy and playful boys as they heard the song playing. The members became serious and started dancing in sync. Although it wasn't an MR track, all six boys sang live, allowing the girls to realise that they sound exactly the same as the studio version. Looking at the members in awe, APink couldn't keep their eyes off them. They danced flawlessly yet there were still some teasing during the practice. For example, Doojoon took Dongwoon's beanie and wore it on his head before singing his solo and when he was moving back, he stuck out his tongue at the maknae. Hyunseung was hugged by Yoseob and he ruffled the younger's hair when it was Yoseob's part. All in all, their practices was a perfect blend of seriousness as well as playfulness and it shows the dynamics of the group.

After dancing to five song back to back, the BEAST members took a break and to the girls amusement, they started dancing goofily and being all individualistic. Songs were randomly played be it girl group songs or English songs and the boys were just goofing around and dancing. Doojoon went towards them and smiled before asking, "So how does it feel to be able to see us practice? It's not the best practice though but eh, it will do." Chorong asked, "How do you know it's not the best, sunbae?" Doojoon just smiled and chugged down his water bottle before answering, "Can't you see Kikwang? He kept on grimacing in pain although he tried not to show it. When he was dancing, he didn't put much pressure on his left foot. I bet he is injured somewhere but he is not telling us. Hyunseung and Yoseob also looked extremely tired which they're trying to overcome by being extra loud and hyper. Dongwoon looks stressed. Can't you see? He has his theatre final exam tomorrow. Junhyung is also stressed as he is starting on our new album. When I see them this way, I know that it won't be one of the best practices as they're all not putting in much focus. I won't force them to though as it will be more pressurising for all of them. Can't you see the difference in our dances from the one in music shows? I made a few mistakes where I was a few steps off." Chorong looked at her sunbae in awe, "How...... How do you keep track of all that, Doojoon sunbae?" He just shrugged and replied nonchalantly, "I'm the leader. It's my duty to know all that and to see when my members are in pain or are not in the best of moods. They won't always tell you straight up that they're not feeling well. You have to observe them carefully." Naeun said slowly, "So Chorong unnie, you need to learn from Doojoon sunbae! You're the leader here!" Chorong just smiled slightly, still feeling overwhelmed, as Doojoon sunbae is showing a really great example as a leader and also because he is really good-looking. Blushing, she looked away and pretend to laugh at whatever Hayoung and Namjoo are talking about. Doojoon looked at her and smiled, "Ah, you're the leader? You'll do great, don't worry!" She nodded shyly and watched as he gathered s so that they can continue practicing.

"Eyyyyyyy unnie! Why are you blushing so much?" Namjoo asked Chorong. "Ah. Aniya!" she protested. Namjoo and Hayoung looked at each other before laughing. Hayoung then whispered to her softly, "Is it because of Doojoon-sunbae?" Chorong just shook her head and paid attention again to the practice. She can't keep her eyes off Doojoon and it was realised by nearly everyone in APink. Frowning slightly at the realisation, Chorong scolded herself, "Yah Park Chorong! You have Kim JoonMyeon, remember!?" Before she remembered that she's not together with Joon Myeon anymore.


A/N: Hi all! Lack of Surong here but I just like writing about BEAST and A Pink interactions as I've always wanted them to be close. Do comment or subscribe or upvote! Thank you!