Chapter 10

I Thought Forever Was Real

Chorong sighed as A Pink walked into KBS. It's their comeback today and she would be lying if she said that she is not nervous. Walking towards their waiting room, the group passed by EXO's room and Chorong had to force herself to just look forward and not anywhere else.

EXO was lounging in their room - with the door wide open - when suddenly chatters and footsteps can be heard. Curious they turned towards the door as it was still quite early before Music Bank rehearsals will start. Looking at the opened door, they were quite surprised to see a girl group walk past. Quickly identifying them as A Pink, the boys looked at their leader before looking out again and saw the girl that's been creating tension within the group - Park Chorong. She was walking at the back of the group, all quiet eventhough her members were busy chattering away.

Suho looked at her and gaped, "Ah, you got even more beautiful, Rong-ah," he thought.

Chorong was walking at the back of the group when her phone rang. Stopping in the middle of the hallway, not realising that she stopped directly in front of EXO's room, she answered the phone.

"Oh, oppa? I just reached KBS. Why?"

The caller murmured something and Chorong just nodded before smiling.

"Ah, you're coming here? Is the whole group coming? I want chicken feet!"

The caller laughed and murmured again, making Chorong pout before nodding.

"Okay okay, no chicken feet then. Just bring some snacks okay! Who cares about my diet!"

The caller just snickered and said that he will be arriving soon before hanging up.

Chorong smiled and hung up. Looking up, she didn't realise that while talking, she was facing the room where EXO is in. Shocked, she made eye contact with some of the members and bowed. "Ah, hello."

Luhan who was the closest to the door stood up and bowed, "Eh, hello sunbaenim."

Chorong just bowed again as the other members also started bowing and greeting her. She looked at them and made eye contact with Suho, causing her smile to freeze and her face paled. Nodding hurriedly, she excused herself after wishing them luck. "Hwaiting for your performance later!"

Walking away from the room hurriedly, Chorong released the breath that she didn't realise she was holding. Much to her annoyance, A Pink's room was just a few doors away from EXO's. Entering their room, Chorong immediately sat down and gulped her water. Hayoung who was looking at her unnie asked, "Chorong unnie, are you okay? You look quite pale." Chorong just shook her head and patted the maknae's head, "Ah unnie is okay." She then looked at her members and said, "Yah, INFINITE is coming to support us today. I told Woohyun oppa to bring snacks." The group cheered and nodded their heads before resuming their activities. Chorong closed her eyes as there were suddenly too many thoughts in her mind before sighing. "You look good, Joon Myeon. We meet again." she thought.

EXO who was still quite stunned at the abrupt meeting looked at each other again before shrugging. Chanyeol quietly commented, "Chorong-sunbaenim look prettier in real life huh." Suho looked at him sharply and he just shrugged, "It's true hyung. Don't look at me like that." Luhan grunted in agreement and said to Chanyeol, "She is pretty, alright." The members quietened down upon hearing that and looked at their leader before looking at Luhan. Suho was clearly not able to control his emotions as his face showed how annoyed and pissed he was while Luhan was relaxing with his eyes closed. Kris who realised the incoming tension just cleared his throat and switched on the monitor in the room - who is currently showing the advertisements for Music Bank later. EXO then just kept quiet and each member did their own stuff with Suho clutching his phone as though it was a life line.

Suho's fingers were hesitating on the keypad of his phone. He wanted to text Chorong but he don't know what to say. The blank message stared mockingly at him and he sighed for the thousandth time. Putting away his phone, he just closed his eyes and tilted his head back on the sofa, feeling exhausted. He was suddenly surprised by a text notification. Looking at the sender, he was shocked. Hesitating, he opened the text.

From: Ronggie Baby 💗
You looked really tired. Go and rest well before your performance. Hwaiting.

Suho read the text and can't help it but smile widely. Chorong still cared about him no matter how harsh she is to him. Flailing, he hastily pressed reply but still not knowing what to say, he looked at the phone screen blankly. While thinking of what to reply, footsteps can be heard again outside their door - causing the group to look towards the door. INFINITE walked pass with plastic bags of food and drinks in their hands. They were happily talking with each other and EXO could hear snippets of conversation among their sunbaes who were searching for A Pink's waiting room. Suho clutched his phone tightly upon seeing Woohyun. He can't believe that INFINITE is going to A Pink's room as though it was a normal occurence. Gritting his teeth, he didn't realise that his eyes were narrowed and his face was scowly and irritated until Kris poked him on the cheek.

"Yah, enough. Don't go all scowly and angry. They're just friends, remember?"

Luhan just had to chime in and said, "Besides, you're not with her anymore so you don't have the right to be jealous and angry."

Suho thought about it and nodded, "Ah you're right. I don't have the right anymore." The boys all stopped talking and looked at him in shock. "You're just going to give up, hyung?" Sehun asked confusedly. Suho nodded, "It's best this way. She will be able to meet someone who deserves her more than me. If she's happy then I'm fine." D.O. looked at Suho and gave him a thumbs up, "A matured thought. Good." Kris scoffed and nudged Suho with his shoulder, "If you love her, you would fight for her. That's just my personal opinion. It's up to you." Suho just smiled weakly and rests his head on the sofa again, too tired to think about it.


Meanwhile, in A Pink's waiting room, shouts and chatterings could be heard from outside. The two groups were happily eating snacks while playing games with each other. Woohyun looked at Chorong and nudged her, "You okay?" She nodded her head and smiled before looking at her phone again, as though waiting for an important message. Woohyun sighed internally as he knows that she was waiting for any information about Suho. Shaking his head slightly to get rid of those thoughts, he continued talking to the two groups and have fun despite the fact that his heart is hurting once more. A few hours passed and it's time for A Pink to do their rehearsals. INFINITE wished them luck before leaving for their own schedules. While the girls were walking towards the stage, they passed by EXO who ended their rehearsals a few minutes ago. Bowing to each other hurriedly, the girls rushed to the stage for their turn, Chorong not even realising that she forgot to be cold and aloof towards Suho.

In their waiting room, EXO relaxed while watching the monitor that's showing even the rehearsals taking place. When it was A Pink's turn, the room went quiet and all 12 of them watched the rehearsal silently. Suho watched the performance and can't help but smile widely upon seeing how happy and pretty Chorong is on stage. She looked as though she belonged there and he felt so happy as well as proud, for her. Their manager then entered the room and gave Suho their debut album, telling the members that they have to sign it. Baekhyun asked, "Huh why?"

Their manager smiled and replied, "Hoobaes give their sunbaes their signed albums. This album is for A Pink. Three of you will have to go to their waiting room and present it to them. It's etiquette." The boys looked at each other upon hearing that and Luhan quickly said, "I will go." He looked at Suho unwaveringly causing Suho to announce that he will go too. Chanyeol then shrugged and said, "Okay I will follow too." The other members nodded their heads in approval and waited for their turn to sign the album. Suho was nervous and he kept on fidgeting until Kris placed his hand on top of his knee, telling him to calm down and that everything will be fine.

After signing the album and ensuring that they look presentable, the manager brought them to A Pink's waiting room and knocked on the door. Bomi who was the nearest, opened the door and quickly bowed before greeting the manager. Suho, Luhan and Chanyeol entered their room and bowed before introducing themselves. A Pink quickly bowed as well and stood in a line, introducing themselves. As told by the manager, the leader must give the album to the other leader so Suho held out their album towards Chorong and said, "This is our debut album. Please listen to it and support us." Chorong who was stunned but quickly schooled her features into a smiling one immediately said, "Ah, thank you. Of course. Congratulations on your debut!"

A Pink's manager then took out A Pink's album and smiled at the three boys before telling the girls to sign it as it would be given to the boys in exchange for their album. Quickly signing it, Chorong then gave their album to Suho and said, "It's our second album. Please listen to it well." Suho bowed and said his thanks before saying, "Congratulations on your comeback and we will listen to it well." EXO's manager requested for a photo which caused A Pink and the three boys to look at each other before getting into position. Suho and Chorong were in the center with the other's album in their hands and A Pink was spread out at the back with Luhan and Chanyeol being at the sides.

With the picture finally taken, EXO took their leave and left the room. Chorong heaved a sigh of relief when they left and looked at the album in fascination. The other members looked at her and smiled before nudging her slightly and making teasing sounds. Flustered, she just laughed it off and placed the album on the table before sitting down on the sofa and relaxed. EXO made their way towards their room with fast steps and once he was in the safety of their room, Suho sat down on the sofa and released his breath. He didn't even realise how nervous he was until he reached their room. Chanyeol and Luhan told the group what happened and showed them the picture before sending the picture to the three of them who were in it. Suho looked at A Pink's album - his gaze on just one member. Baekhyun then suddenly took the album from him with a pout saying that the other members want to see it too. Sinking himself into the sofa, he closed his eyes and remembered how soft spoken Chorong was as well as how pretty she was. "Aigo that girl, she got even prettier than before. What am I supposed to do. Aigo, Park Chorong, what do you do to me?" he thought.

From: Joon Myeon
Thank you and good luck for your comeback performance too! You can do it, Rong-ah. It was nice to see you but it made me miss you even more. Hwaiting and I love you.


Finally finally finally an update!!!!

I'm so sorry for the late update but I've been kind of busy and I've been updating my SeYoung fanfic instead of paying attention to this one. Nonetheless, I've updated and yeah you know the drill. Comment, Subscribe, Upvote!

xoxo, fitriahz.