Chapter 4

I Thought Forever Was Real

Chorong looked around Seoul domestic airport, searching for the company representative that was supposed to fetch her. Seeing her name on a board that's held up high, she walked hurriedly towards the man holding it. "Ah. Annyeonghaseyo, Park Chorong-imnida." She smiled and the man smiled in return, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm the manager for your new group, Manager Kwon-imnida." Taking her bags from her and telling her to follow him, he walked briskly towards the car park. Chorong followed and asked softly, "Manager oppa, did you say group? How many girls are there? Have they arrived? Am I late?" The manager chuckled and replied, "Yes a group. There is another 6 or 7 girls and yes they've arrived and no you're not late. You're just the last one to arrive!" Pouting and crossing her arms, Chorong sulked, "Oppa! So I'm technically late!" He just laughed and told her to enter the van and buckle up.

On the way to the dorm, Chorong plugged in her iPod and chose a song from the boy band BEAST. She loves their songs and the group as well. Bopping her head to the beat and mouthing the words, she didn't realise that the manager was looking at her via the rear view mirror and chuckling to himself. "Ah, this girl will be a hit with the male idols and fans, I'm sure! She's so cute and pretty as well as polite! Talented too. Ah, I guess the group will be strong both in visuals and talent so I will have my hands full with these girls!" Chorong was now singing the song softly while looking at the view outside the van.

Not long after, Chorong was woken up by someone nudging her and calling her name. "Chorong-ah, wake up! We're already at the dorm!" Rubbing her eyes sleepily, she blinked and immediately sat up straighter. She pressed the folds of her dress and hopped out the van. Not allowed to take her luggage from the manager, she followed him slowly, observing her surroundings.

Entering the dorm, the manager shouted, "Yah, girls! Your last member is here! Come out!" Chorong looked around the dorm and wrinkled her nose at the mess. Being a neat freak, she was trying to control her urge of cleaning up the whole dorm till it's spick and span. Shouts of glee and footsteps were heard before five girls appeared before her. She looked at them slowly and noticed that they're all really pretty. Smiling slightly at them, she said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Chorong-imnida. It's nice to see you." The girls all smiled at her and began their introductions from the right. The petite girl waved and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Eunji-imnida." The pretty girl beside her waved shyly and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Son Naeun-imnida." The grinning girl waved enthusiastically and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Yoon Bomi-imnida!" The short haired girl grinned and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Namjoo-imnida." The tall girl said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Oh Hayoung-imnida," before waving slightly. Chorong just smiled and waved at each of them and the manager grinned as he see the girls meet each other for the first time. Placing her bags down, the manager said, "Chorong-ah, you will be sharing a room with Bomi. Bomi-ah, go show her where your room is!" Chorong looked at him and said in disbelief, "We're not sharing one room for six people?" The manager laughed and shook her head, "Aniya, Cube Entertainment don't really encourage that anymore as they believe that their idols should at least have a comfortable rest every night!" "Wah! That's so thoughtful! Thank you manager oppa for bringing my bags for me," she said before bowing slightly. "Aish this girl is so polite!" he thought before instructing her to put her bags in the room.

Bomi showed her where their room is and it was the middle room. The one on the right belongs to Eunji and Naeun while the one on the left belongs to Namjoo and Hayoung. Entering the room, Chorong nearly laughed as she saw Bomi's side of the room practically filled with soft toys and pictures as well as clothes all over the place. Bomi shrugged slightly and said sheepishly, "Whoops, I forgot to clean it up? Hehe." Chorong just laughed out loud before moving her bags towards her side. She sat down on the bed in exhaustion and said, "Aish, I don't feel like unpacking now." Bomi laughed and replied, "You don't have to unpack now! Let's go out and talk to the girls!" before pulling her new roommate out towards the living room.

At the living room, Chorong saw the girls lounging around on the floor, talking. "Oh, where's manager oppa?" she asked. Namjoo replied, "He had to leave because of some meeting but he will be back to tell us our schedule for next week!" Chorong just nodded and sat down beside Bomi in the suddenly-made circle. Looking at the girls, she wondered who's the oldest. "Who's the oldest among us? And who's the maknae?" she asked curiously. Hayoung said, "I think I'm the maknae because my birthday is on July 19, 1996." The girls nodded and Chorong said, "Mine's on March 3, 1991." Bomi then said, "Chorong is the oldest then! Hehe unnie!"

The girls all laughed and said loudly, "Chorong unnie! Unnie! Unnie! Hehehe!" She just laughed along and said, "Yah you must all listen to me then!" She fake glared and crossed her arms. The girls all laugh again and Naeun said, "Unnie! You don't look scary at all!!!!" Chorong smiled before grumbling, "Ah, I'm hungry. Is there food here?" Eunji pointed to the kitchen and said, "There are chips in there! Just go and take!" The girls all shouted at once, "Unnie, just take everything! We want to eat too!!" Chorong huffed, "You lazy girls, come and help me take as well!" The girls yawned and squirmed. "Ah, I'm lazy!" "Unnie, it's so far!" "Unnie, you're going there anyway so help us take!" Chorong just shook her head and went to the kitchen, looking around for food. Seeing a bucket of chips and chocolate as well as snacks, she took the whole lot and brought it out. "Whoooooo food!!!!!!" the girls shouted, all manners gone. Looking at the girls, Chorong said loudly, "I guess we will be the girl group that eats a lot as well as the ones who will love food so much." The girls all nodded, "Of course! We're going to be the different type of girl group!"

The girls then just laughed and talked while eating to their hearts content. "It looks like we will be great friends, ah sisters even!" Chorong thought before laughing along to whatever joke they're talking about.