Our lives Pt. 1

Unevident Relationships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris’ POV

Days passed from the day Nica and I stop communicating, but I still couldn’t get her out of my mind. I have to keep myself busy just for me not to think of her. The pain is still here making me a bit miserable in my life, the spark was gone but I have to move on with my life without her and focus to the reality that  she is out of my life and  I have to deal with the life I have.

Just to prevent myself from thinking of her, I would spent hours in my office and exhaust myself with all the work I have to do, yes it was hard but I am now trying my best to focus on it. My friends had been telling me that I’m already a workaholic but it gave me great results from all the hard work I been doing, I manage to close a lot of deals with our investors and projects are piling up. Even though I don’t have time for myself already but I manage to make my family proud of me and their perspective towards me had change.

 

I was in the middle of rechecking the presentation for the meeting later when my secretary inform me that I have a call from my mother which I let my secretary put my mother on the line.

“Yes, mom?” I answered.

“Son, are you available later for dinner? Maybe around 9pm?” she asked.

I paused for a moment and called my secretary to come in my office to ask her for my schedule, she told me that I won’t have any meeting after 7pm and I informed my mother that I will be available for dinner which she took it very well. My mother told me that she will be expecting me later at the restaurant which she had made a reservation for our family dinner.

After the talk with her, it made me think what was the occasion about that we will be eating dinner outside. I turn back to the presentation that I was reviewing and continued my work; I had to make few changes of the presentation to improve it.

 

The meeting was a success and the board had approved of the plan I have suggested. It was already around 8pm, an hour left before our family dinner, I headed back home to change my clothes before I head to the restaurant. I put on one of my suit and brushed my hair back making myself presentable, I sprayed a little amount of perfume and took my car keys heading my way to the restaurant.

Upon arriving the receptionist leaded me towards the table where my parents were waiting for me, it took me by surprise because I thought it would just me and my parents but we have other guest.

“Son, I would like you to meet Mr. & Mrs. Chou, they are the owner of Golden Corporation, this is our son, Wu Yi Fan.” Father introduced them to me which I immediately bowed to them as a respect.

I took my seat next to my mother, I wonder if we were still waiting for another guest because the menus were not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter