(Finale) It Has To Be This Way

Unevident Relationships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the presentation Kris had requested for Nica and her staff to stay longer in the resort for free, it was his reward for doing a great job on their work but also an excuse just to be with Nica. 

He and Nica spend time together but he had noticed she was not as cheerful compared the past week. He tried to ask her but she just told him that she was just fine but that was not what Kris felt.

Two days before the wedding, Nica had a flu. Her body was aching, she had a headache and fever. She doesn’t feel like moving around with her condition and just rested on her bed. After knowing that Nica was not feeling well Kris rushed towards her room to personally take care of her. 

Since Nica was just alone in her room and can’t manage to open her door, Kris brought the spare card to open her room and spotted Nica on bed looking awful. He closed the door behind him and approached her immediately holding her hand. 

“Have you taken any medicine?” he asked.

Nica just shook her head and smiled weakly at him, Kris immediately asked for some medicine to be brought to Nica’s room for her to take and he also added to bring some porridge to eat. Nica wanted Kris not to bother with her but he insisted to take care of her which she really appreciated it. 

He never left her side until her fever had subsided, Kris fell asleep not letting go of Nica’s hand and when Nica woken up from her sleep she immediately saw Kris sleeping soundly resting his head on the edge of her bed. A smile appeared on her lips as she brushes Kris’ hair away from his face waking Kris up.

“Oh, you’re already awake my love. How are you feeling now?” Kris asked as he caresses her cheek.

“I’m feeling a bit better now Kris, just a little headache but thank you for being there.” she replied smiling at him.

“Anything for you Nica, rest some more my love so you’ll feel much better.” he said giving her a kiss on her forehead.

Nica slowly stood up from her bed which Kris helped her. She then told her that she can now manage by herself and Kris hugged her before he made his way out of her room. But worry was still in him but he doesn’t want to keep insisting her so he just agreed with her.

He returned to his room and rested there still thinking of Nica’s well-being. A few minutes after someone knocks on his door and he opened it. One of the room boys handed him a suit.

“Sir, Your suit has already arrive and Ms. Chou had requested that you should try it on.” the room boy said.

Kris accepted his suit and thanked the room boy. It was just then he received a message from Jenny asking if he had received his suit. He replied telling her that he just received it and he was just about to try it on.

The suit fitted him well and he was satisfied how it was made as he looks at himself in the mirror. He then remembered something and went to his drawer taking a small box and opened it. He smiled looking at it until another knock interrupted his thoughts, he returned the box back to his drawer and rushed towards the door.

As he opens it Jenny stood in a shock expression seeing him in his suit. Her eyes widen and covering with her hands. “Oh My Gosh!!! You look fantastic Yi Fan, now I can really feel the wedding is near.” she excitedly said hugging him as she jumps for joy.

“You should be, it’s going to be a big day and I too is excited like yourself.” Kris replied.

 

The big day came, it was already the day for Wu-Chou Wedding and everyone in the hotel was already busy because the wedding ceremony will be this afternoon. Kris too was busy with the preparation of the wedding. Nica on the other wonder what was all the commotion about, she notice the staff of the hotel was busy going back and forth. To kill her curiosity she headed her way to the reception area to ask what was happening.

“Oh, it’s the wedding of Mr. Wu and Ms. Chou later, so everyone is busy getting ready and the couple even wanted everyone here to witness their wedding later so everyone here is excited.” the receptionist said.

“I see, thank you for the information.” Nica said smiling weakly at the receptionist and made her way out of the hotel feeling a bit confused. She’s been hearing things about a wedding and a ceremony but none of these were mentioned by Kris to her. Now she just heard that the wedding is this afternoon.

She tried calling Kris but his secretary answered his phone telling her that Kris was still busy and can’t talk to her which made her confused even more. Feeling out of herself she walked at the beach to kill time. 

 

A few minutes left before the ceremony is about to start, Kris was already at the venue when his secretary handed him his phone telling him that Nica called a while ago. He tried calling her but her phone was off making Kris a bit worried where she was. From afar he had noticed that Nica was there but she was already walking away from the venue, he wanted to chase her but the ceremony was already starting. 

Nica who didn’t know what was the time accidentally walked herself near the venue whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter