True

Unevident Relationships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though with his busy schedule Kris would always give time to talk to Nica on the phone, it has been two weeks she had left for Europe and he somehow misses her already. He was on his desk relaxing for a moment while he looks at his phone looking at the photos of him and Nica together. It was then someone barge inside his office caught him smiling widely at his phone.

“Yo! Kris what are you smiling at?” His friend Steve asked seeing his expression.

Kris' face fell, eyes widen upon seeing his friend inside his office. He immediately placed down his phone back on his table and stood up from his chair. “Steve, what are you doing here?” he asked.

Steve smirked and placed a folder on his table telling him that he has some papers for Kris' to sign for their companies’ project. Kris cleared his throat immediately took a pen from his penholder and asked where to sign. Steve opened the folder showing Kris where he would sign; Kris signed all the documents needed. Steve thanked him still with the smug smile printed on his face, he didn't left the office yet and just stared at Kris.

“What with that stare Steve?” Kris asked feeling a bit awkward from Steve's stare. “Stop smiling at me like an idiot, will you?” 

“Oh nothing, I was just amused seeing you smiling just by looking at that phone of yours, I smell something fishy about that smile of yours.” Steve said snatching Kris' phone on his table.

His eyes widen seeing a picture of Nica as a lock screen of Kris. Kris immediately snatched his phone back from Steve hitting his friend's head. Steve rubs his head to ease the slight pain he just received, but he still smiled at Kris like nothing happened only to be hit once again.

“But seriously Kris, I never seen you smile like that before. Are you in love?” Steve asked.

“Shut up! None of your business Steve, just get out of my office, you’re done with what you need to do, GO!” Kris said pushing his friend out of the door.

“Okay, okay, no need to push.” Steve grinned. “Just don’t forget to invite me in your wedding.” he added as he dodged another hit from Kris and laughed while he walked away from the office.

Kris closed the door and returned back to his chair, looking back to his phone he smiled once again. “In love huh? Maybe, possible.” 

Nica caught a cold from all the adventures she had and she needed rest before she headed back to Seoul. While lying down on her bed, her phone suddenly vibrated, she reached for it at the side table and looked who was calling. Seeing it was Kris, she immediately answered the phone even she was still sniffing.

“Elo, -ris, -ori for my -ois, I'm not -iling -el.” She said blowing her nose.

“What happened to you? Have you taken some medicine? You should drink plenty of water and rest, someone shou—” 

“-ris, don't worry too -uch, al be -ine.” She replied blowing again.

Kris understands how she feels and told her to rest now which she was grateful with it. Kris ended the phone call and Nica returned her phone back to the side table, covering herself with the blanket she took a rest but only to receive a message. She groan in annoyance ignoring the message and went to sleep.

When she woke up it was already late in the afternoon and she felt a little bit fine but she still has a light headache. She reached for her phone at the side table, upon looking at her phone, her eyes widen in surprise seeing she received 20 messages and when she opened it everything were from Kris. He was telling her he is worried, how is she feeling and many more stuff like that. Nica kind of appreciated how he was so worried about it, no one acted like that before towards her and Kris was the first. Smiling at her phone she dialed Kris phone number giving him a phone call, with just a single ring he instantly answered the phone.

“Oh great, I thought something bad happened to you, how are you feeling now Nica?” Kris answered in the other line only to receive a giggle from the girl.

“I’m a bit fine now Kris thanks for worrying but you don’t really have to. Oh! By the way I bought something for you; I bet you will love this when you see it—”

“I miss you.”

She was cut off when she heard what he just said, it wasn’t expected that he would suddenly say those words to her. “You are just excited to see your gift that’s why you missed me.” She joked feeling a bit awkward forcing a laugh to him. But she knew that Kris was serious with the tone of his voice.

“I really do miss you Nica.” He repeated.

“Ummm… Oh I forgot I have a friend to meet, I’ll just call you later Kris, bye.” She reasoned and immediately hung up the call. She started to feel weird hearing those words from Kris, she stood up from her bed; she rubs her temples to relieve her slight headache and slowly headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

Kris on the other felt tension build up on him about what he had said to her a while ago. He misses her so much even with just a period of time and it just came out from nowhere that he suddenly told her. But he never regretted that he told her that and just a few more days they would see each other again.

 

Nica arrive in Korea safely heading her way out of the airport pushing the trolley, it was just then someone called her name making her turn her head to look who called her. She stopped from walking, eyes widen and jaw slightly dropped when she saw Kris walking towards her, it taken her by surprise that Kris came all the way to the airport to meet her and he was in a good mood, smiling widely at her.

“What are you doing here Kris?” she asked in confusion.

“I came to take you home of course.” He coolly said to her.

Nica raised a brow at her reached for his forehead feeling it. Kris held her hand and smiled asking what was she doing, she asked him if he has a fever because he never fetched her before.

But Kris only smiled at her, taking the trolley from her hand they both he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter