Chapter 6

Living with my 12 Step Brothers

The sun was still up and shining by the time they got to the park.  Kai, Sehun and Chanyol went to play basketball while Luhan and Xiumin went to play soccer.  Minah decided to sit on a nearby bench next to the basketball court.  Tao finally got to the park with Kyungsoo complaining the whole way.  Finally Kyungsoo was able to pull his hand away from Tao's grip.

"Tao! Why did you even drag me to the park.  I didn't even want to come."

"Becsause you need to spend time with Minah."

"But I'm too nervous, what am I suppose to say?"

"Anything really.  You can't embarrass yourself, she will eventually find out the real you.  All your weird quirks and habits since she lives with us now."  Kyungsoo cringed at the thought.

"Yeah I guess you are right." Tao smiled at Kyungsoo and dragged him to where Minah was sitting.  Minah smiled when she saw Tao.

"Minah! How come you aren't playing?"

"Oh I'm no good at basketball or soccer, I'm more along the lines of swimming and volleyball."  Kyungsoo was still hiding behind Tao while they were having their little conversation.  Minah finally noticed that there was someone behind Tao.

"Oh Tao, who's that behind you?"

"Ah, its Kyungsoo." Tao said stepping aside to reveal a nervous looking Kyungsoo.

"Hi Kyungsoo, are you feeling better from earlier?"  Kyungsoo recalled walking out when they were introducing themselves.

"Ah~ yes everything is fine, it was nothing at all."

"Oh good, you had me worried." Minah said while showing her eye smile.  It made Kyungsoo's heart flip a bit.  Tao noticed a tint of red rising in Kyungsoo's cheeks and just smiled.  Just then a basketball flew by and hit the empty spot next to Minah which made her jump.  Sehun ran over to retrieve the ball.

"Minah! I'm so sorry I lost control of the ball.  I promise to be more careful."

"It's okay Sehun. I wasn't hurt."

"Hey can you be my own personal cheerleader while I play basketball.  Right now Kai and I are going to play one on one while Chanyeol keeps score."

"Haha sure I'd love to." Sehun smiled wide.  Tao and Kyungsoo looked shocked while Sehun walked back to the basketball court.  Minah noticed their expressions.

"What's up with the faces?"

"Its just that Sehun never smiles like that." Kyungsoo said.

"Yeah he usually has no emotion or just his signature smirk." Tao added.  Minah smiled, glad that she was able to see Sehun smile like he did.  Minah turned her attention to the court where the game was about to start. Tao stod up from his seat.

"I'll be back I'm going to play a quicj round of soccer with Xiumin and Luhan."

"I"m going too!" Kyungsoo yelped rather quickly.  Minah nodded her and looked back towards the game.  Tao mumbled a quick chicken to Kyungsoo before they left towards he field.  The game between Kai and Sehun was getting pretty intense.  Minah could tell Kai was competative.  Soon the score was 25 to 25, and according to Chanyeol the next shot would win the game.

"You can do it Sehun!" Minah cheered.  Sehun smiled and waved at Minah.  Sehun started dribbling the ball, trying to confuse Kai about where he was going.  Sehun was able to pass Kai and started heading for the hoop.  Kai was hot on his tail.  Sehun was about to shoot the ball when Kai hit the ball out of Sehun's hand causing him to fall.  Kai got the ball shooting the last shot and winning the game.

"HA! I win! Better luck next time Sehun."  Sehun was still on the ground ruffling his hair.

"Yeah yeah next time I'll win."

"I doubt it.  Hey Chanyeol I'll play against you next."  Sehun picked himself up off the floor and went to sit by Minah to rest a bit.

"Are you okay Sehun?"

"Yeah, my just hurts now though."  Minah couldn't help but laugh.

"Yah its not that funny."  Sehun pouted.

"Aha I'm sorry.  You played really well."

"Yeah but I still lost.  I'm always second best to Kai.  Even at school most of the girs drool over him.  What does he have that I don't, we are suppose to be twins aren't we?"  It was silent for a bit after Sehun had his slight outburst.

"You shouldn't compare yourself to Kai."  Sehun looked up to Minah when she broke the silence 

"I know we just met today and I don't know much about you, but maybe I can still help.  My mother would always say you should never compare yourself to someone else.  Be happy with who you are.  You have your own perks and your own strengths.  I know you and Kai are twins but it doesn't mean you are the same person."  Sehun widend his eyes at what Minah was telling him.  He had always thought he had to be the same as Kai.  But now when he really thought about it, he wanted to be his own person and not just follow Kai around forever.  Of course he loves Kai and he is his other half, literally, but he has to see what he can be able to do on his own.  Sehun rested his on Minah's shoulder, which came as a shock for her.

"Thanks for that.  It really opened my eyes."  Minah relaxed for a bit and smiled.

"I'm glad I was able to help."

"I always went along with what Kai liked and wanted to do, but now I'm going to be my own person."

"That's great.  Well what's something that only Sehun enjoys doing."

"Well I like to draw, I usually doodle on my class work when I'm bored."

"Thats great, maybe one day I can see one of your drawings."

"You'll be the first one I show it too."  The two sat like that in comfortable silence.

Tao looked over and saw how comfy Sehun and Minah looked.  He nudged Kyungsoo to get his attention.

"Look, if you weren't such a chicken you could be in Sehun place."  Kyungsoo looked and saw Sehun resting his head on Minah's shoulder.  A small hint of jealousy rose up in him.

"At this point Sehun is in the lead."

"Tao don't talk like its a game."

"But it is a game, the game of LOVE~." Kyungsoo kicked Tao in the shin, hard.

"OW! what was that for?"

"You should know." Kyungsoo walked away a bit angry.  

"What a sore loser."  Tao mumbled while limping back to Kyungsoo.

Sehun was still resting his head on Minah's shoulder.  Her shoulder was falling asleep and started to feel uncomfortable.  She tried to move a bit without disturbing Sehun, to get a bit more comfortable.  Sehun noticed Minah's movements and picked his head off her shoulder.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"No its just my shoulder is falling asleep."

"I'm sorry." Sehun started to rub her shoulder to make it feel better.  In Minah mind she was thinking how wrong her assumption of Sehun was.  When she saw him at school he was rarely smiling and was always surrounded by girls.  He seemed a bit full of himself as well, but seeing him now he was so different.  More calm and very nice, why didn't he show this side of himself at school.

"Sehun, how come you never show this side of yourself at school?"

"Like I said before, I always followed Kai.  He enjoys the perks of being popular, me, I could care less about it.  Kai isn't really want he shows himself to be.  I guess you can say his on stage self is way different than his off stage self.  Kai isn't even his real name just a nickname he gave himself and it just caught on to everyone."  Minah's eyes widened.

"How is he different than?"

"Well for starters his real name is Jongin.  At school he acts cool, charismatic, and y, but when he isn't like that he actually acts like a little kid.  He is dorky and  jokes around a lot, I guess you can say for being the younger twin I can act a bit more mature than him." Sehun was smiling the whole time her was talking about Kai.  Minah was able to tell they were really really close.  She was a bit envious of their relationship since she never had someone she was that close to.  Soon the sky went grey and dark clouds covered the sky.

"Uh oh." Sehun said while looking up.  Then it just started pouring.

"Ah I guess Kris was right about the rain.  Come on lets get home."  Sehun grabbed Minah's hand and followed the rest of his brothers running home.


Wooh! I was finally able to make a longer chapter, I'm getting there :)  Well I hope you like it and I'll update soon.   Remember to suscribe/ comment/ upvote Bye~