*chapter nine*

She is Mine

Hyunrin dropped her phone as she slowly realized what could be happened to L.Joe. Her lips were trembling and her eyes went teary.

“Hyunrin-ah, what’s wrong?” Woohyun’s voice made her back to the reality. “You’re spacing out.”

Tears started falling down on Hyunrin’s cheeks. “L.Joe… L.Joe sunbae… Something happened to him.”

“MWO?!” everyone looked at her with wide eyes, totally shocked.

“What is the nearest minimarket from here?” Hyunrin asked quickly.

“It’s Happy Bubble, you just have to cross the road and--“ Changjo answered but Hyunrin cut him off.

“Let’s go to that road! I’m sure L.Joe sunbae--“ Hyunrin couldn’t continue her words, she was holding her sobs. Her mind was totally blank, she couldn’t think properly.

“Did he--“

Before Hoya could finish his sentence, Hyunrin was already running out from Niel’s house. Everybody followed her behind. They stopped as they saw some people gathered in the middle of the road. Hyunrin ran towards them, pushed them aside and went to the front. She saw nothing but blood.

“Did some accident happen here?” Hyunrin asked the girl beside her.

That girl gave her a simple nod. “A boy versus a car.”

“A boy?”

“Yes, the blonde one.”

“B-- B-- Blonde?”

“Humm. If I’m not mistaken, his name is…”

“L.Joe? Lee Byunghun?”

“Hah! The second name! Yes, it’s his name.”

Hyunrin felt the sudden pain in her head. She wanted to cry but no tears came out from her eyes. Her body went limp, thanks to Woohyun who catch her before she fell on the dirty road.

“Which hospital?” Woohyun asked to the point.

That girl explained clearly about the hospital and after thanked her, Woohyun and Hyunrin walked back to the others.

“Let’s go to the hospital.”

 

--------------------

 

Hyunrin couldn’t stop her sobs, her eyes were totally red. She kept thinking about L.Joe’s condition right now. Was he safe?

“Room 327, miss. It’s on the third floor.” a nurse at the registration room answered Hyunrin’s question about where L.Joe’s room was. She ran upstairs, had no idea about using the elevator because her mind was totally blank. She just felt the urgent to see L.Joe. She even left the others behind.

“327.” Hyunrin said before opened the door, she gasped when she saw L.Joe was lying down on the hospital bed, sleeping unconciously. She walked in to the room and stood beside L.Joe’s bed. Her heart was pounding so hard seeing him in this state. She saw some bruises on his angelic face and the bandage that covered his forehead. She pulled a chair beside L.Joe’s bed and sat there. Sunggyu and the others who saw what Hyunrin was doing, stopped in front of the door and decided to just wait her outside.

“Oppa.” Hyunrin said softly, her voice was just like a whisper. She was holding L.Joe’s hand. “Oppa. Oppa. Oppa. How I miss to call you like that.”

She took a deep breath before continued her words. “I really wanted to keep calling you like that, but after I moved to Japan for years, I wasn’t sure that I still have the right to call you like that. That’s why I call you sunbae instead of oppa.”

“Oppa, who is your number one girl? Is it still me? Hahaha… I know it’s no longer me. I left you for such a long time. When we were 12, you said ‘You are my number one girl in my life, Hyunrin.’. I still remember it, oppa. Thanks for saying it, I was so happy.”

Hyunrin squeezed L.Joe’s hand softly. Tears kept falling down on her cheeks. “Aren’t you curious about who is my number one boy? It’s still you, oppa. First, it’s you. Second, it’s L.Joe oppa. Third, it’s oppa. Fourth, it’s Byunghun oppa. Fifth, it’s oppa.”

She wiped the tears away, forced a smile though she knew that he wouldn’t be able to see it. “Oppa, open your eyes. I really want to see those beautiful eyes. I admire your eyes, your lips, your nose, your cheeks, I admire every single thing on you. But now I can’t touch you easily, you already have someone who is more important than me. She is a nice girl, I know it.”

“Wake up, oppa. Please wake up. Don’t you want to go to the amusement park? Don’t you want to lie down on the school’s backyard? Don’t you want to ruffle my hair? Don’t you want to pinch my cheek? I miss your touch. Really.”

“It’s not only me who is worrying about you right now. I’m sure your girlfriend is worrying about you, too. Girlfriend. Yeah, your girlfriend.” Hyunrin tried to laugh. “Girlfriend. You’re so lucky to have her as your girlfriend. I’m happy for you."

"But honestly my heart hurts. I hate seeing her touch your hair, I hate seeing her kiss your cheek, I hate it all.” Hyunrin pulled her hand away from L.Joe’s and looked down. “Do you know why?”

It was a long pause before finally Hyunrin looked up and smiled. “Because I love you. I’m still falling in love with you, oppa.”