*chapter five*

She is Mine

“Eunsoo-ah, aren’t you tired?” L.Joe put the shopping bags down then scratched his arms. He was so damn tired right now. They had been shopping for almost four hours.

“I still need to buy some things.” Eunsoo checked her shopping list. “Necklace, bracelet, and lipgloss.”

“Damn it. Can’t you just go get it by yourself? I’ll be waiting here.” L.Joe really hated swearing, but he couldn’t hold his anger anymore.

“Fine! Don’t try to runaway or else… you know the punishment, don’t you?”

L.Joe nodded and sat on the bench, he giggled when he realized Eunsoo disappeared in a second. L.Joe pulled out his phone and shocked seeing there were two messages but he didn’t feel his phone vibrated, maybe he was too concerned about Eunsoo. He read those messages and his eyes widened in shock. Chunji and Sungjong informed that Dongwoo was beaten up by some boys.

L.Joe pushed Chunji’s number and put his phone on his ear, waiting Chunji to pick up his call.

“Yes, L.Joe?”

“Tell me the details.”

“Where are you? I can’t explain it on the phone.”

“I’m still at Dongdaemun, accompanying Eunsoo to shop.”

“What a good boyfriend.”

“Don’t joke around. Come on, tell me.”

“Geez~ Fine. Dongwoo hyung and the boys were walking out from the sport center when they saw some boys were messing up with Myungsoo. You know how Dongwoo hyung is, right? He punched those boys but suddenly a boy stabbed his knife to Dongwoo hyung’s stomach.

“WHAT?!” L.Joe yelled as reflex.

“Those ing boys ran away after they saw Dongwoo hyung was bleeding.”

“Did you already call Minsoo hyung?”

“Yes, now he is still looking for the information about those boys based on Sungjong’s explanation.”

L.Joe calmed down. “I hope he will figure it out soon.”

 “Yeah, I hope so.”

“How’s Dongwoo hyung?”

“Don’t worry, he’s still alive. But doctor said he won’t be able to do his daily activities well for about a week.”

L.Joe’s eyes caught Eunsoo’s presence, but he ignored her. “When will you visit him?”

“I’m on the way to hospital now. Niel and Changjo are with me, too.”

“Which hospital?”

After hearing Chunji’s explanation about the hospital, L.Joe hung up the phone and stood up. “Look, I gotta go now.”

When he was about to walk away, Eunsoo grabbed his arm. “Where will you go?”

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “It’s not even your business.”

Before Eunsoo could say anything else, L.Joe ran as fast as he could.

 

--------------------

 

Hyunrin sat on the bench at the park near the hospital, looking down at her feet. She looked up when she saw a shadow covering her body.

“S-- Sunbae.”

L.Joe flashed a smile which made Hyunrin’s heart beating crazily. “Do you mind if I sit beside you?”

“No no no, I don’t mind it.” Hyunrin moved a little to give some space for L.Joe to sit. She continued looking down at her feet.

L.Joe sat next to Hyunrin and took a deep sigh. “I hope Dongwoo hyung will get well soon.”

“Umm, I hope so-- HATCHIII!!” Hyunrin pulled out a hanky from her pocket and wiped her snot away. “Sorry.”

L.Joe looked at that hanky and realized that it was his. “Hyunrin-ah.”

“Ne, sunbae?”

“Whose hanky is that?”

Hyunrin looked the hanky and smiled. “I think it’s Woohyun oppa’s hanky. He was the one who took care of me when I was sick this morning.”

“Oh.” was all L.Joe could say. He felt kinda disappointed with that. It was his hanky, and he was the first who took care of Hyunrin, but Hyunrin thought that Woohyun did.

“Waeyo, sunbae?”

L.Joe looked down. “Nothing.”

There was a long pause between them before suddenly L.Joe felt a head rested on his shoulder. He turned to his left and saw Hyunrin was sleeping peacefully. L.Joe placed his hand on Hyunrin’s forehead and he sighed in relief when he realized that Hyunrin wasn’t burning like before.

“L.Joe.”

L.Joe turned his head to see the person who just called him. It was Sunggyu.

“Hyung. Annyeong.”

Sunggyu approached L.Joe and looked at his sister. “Is Hyunrin sleeping?”

“Yes. She is still sick, but she isn’t burning like before.” L.Joe caressed Hyunrin’s cheek and kissed the top of her head.

“Do you still love my sister?”

“I do.”

“But why did you choose Eunsoo instead of my sister to be your fiancée?”

L.Joe took a deep breath and laid Hyunrin’s head on his lap, giving him a better access to view Hyunrin’s sleeping face. He took of his jacket and covered Hyunrin’s body with that. “There is a long story about that.”

“I have enough time.”

“Do we have to talk about this when Hyunrin’s here like this?”

“She is sleeping, she won’t be able to hear anything.”

L.Joe bit his lip and looked down, waving his hand in front of Hyunrin’s face.

Sunggyu chuckled. “She is an heavy sleeper, don’t you remember that?”

“She is still the old Hyunrin.”

“Umm.” Sunggyu gave a small nod. “Come on, what’s the problem?”