*chapter four*

She is Mine

 

L.Joe woken up as he felt his phone vibrated. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. His eyes caught Hyunrin’s sleeping face and his lips formed into a small smile.

“Oh.” he remembered about the call and picked it up quickly. “Yoboseyo.”

“Oppaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Where are you?”

L.Joe pulled his phone away for a while then put it back on his ear. “Don’t scream, please? I’m at my friend’s house.”

“Which friend?” Eunsoo’s voice was full of annoyance in other line.

“Is it really your business?”

“I am your fiancée, remember?”

L.Joe looked down. “Ne.”

“So where are you, oppa?” Eunsoo’s voice softened.

“I told you, I’m at my friend’s house.”

“Do you think I don’t know that you’re at Hyunrin’s house now?”

It was a long pause before L.Joe asked back, “How do you know?”

“Your uncle saw you when you stole his grapes on the dining table and then suddenly disappeared from his house. And yeah he called me then.”

“Liar. He won’t tell you unless you force him.”

“Ah, whatever. Oppa, go home now because I want to meet you. Be there in ten minutes or else I’ll announce our engagement to everyone.”

“No! Please don’t. I’ll be there in less than ten minutes, okay?”

Eunsoo hung up the phone without answering L.Joe’s question. He sighed and turned to face Hyunrin who was still sleeping. L.Joe wanted to sweep away Hyunrin’s bangs from her forehead, but when his skin touched Hyunrin’s, he was shocked. Hyunrin was burning!

“Oh my God!” L.Joe looked around, no one was around them. It seemed like everyone was already on their Sunday plans. He quickly ran to the bathroom, took a small towel and made it wet. L.Joe came back to Hyunrin and dabbed that wet towel to her forehead and neck. “Please don’t get sick.” L.Joe said, kept dabbing the wet towel to her face. He pulled out his phone with his other hand and called Woohyun.

“Yoboseyo.”               

“Hyung! Hyunrin is sick, she’s burning now!”

“Really? I’ll be there in a snap.”

L.Joe hung up the phone and looked at his watch, only seven minutes left.

“Hyung, please hurry up.” L.Joe whispered while kept dabbing the wet towel to Hyunrin’s hand. He wouldn’t let Eunsoo announce their engagement. He didn’t want Hyunrin to know about that.

“Hyunrin!” Woohyun cried then ran towards L.Joe and Hyunrin.

“Oh thanks God finally you come, hyung.” L.Joe sighed in relief, realizing that only five minutes left now. “Hyung, I gotta go now. There is something important that I need to handle right now. Please take a good care of Hyunrin.” he handed his hanky and the towel to Woohyun and quickly walked out from Hyunrin’s house.

‘I won’t let you announce our engagement, Eunsoo. Never.’

 

--------------------

 

Eunsoo paced back and forth while kept looking on her watch. She bit her lip, a bit not sure that L.Joe would come. But in her deepest heart, she was sure L.Joe would come. She knew L.Joe’s weakness point.

“Oh come on, L.Joe.” she hissed while tapping her index finger on her watch.

She looked up and saw someone was running towards her. It was L.Joe. Her lips curled into a smile but she suddenly hid it.

“Here I am.” L.Joe said, panting in front of her.

“Great. You’re such a good runner. You should join athletic club.” Eunsoo tapped L.Joe’s arm then ruffled his hair.

L.Joe stepped back and sighed heavily. “What do you want to tell me?”

“My parents invites you to come to our house tonight along with your parents. They said there is something important, maybe about our engagement.”

“Geez~ Can’t you just tell me that thing by phone?” L.Joe rolled his eyes and was about to open his front door but Eunsoo stopped him.

Eunsoo pouted. “I want you to accompany me to go shopping.”    

“You what? SHOPPING?!”

Eunsoo nodded quickly. “I don’t want to wear my old dress for tonight’s special meeting with your parents. I need the new one.”

“Go get it by yourself.”

“Yah! Oppa!”

“You know that I hate shopping, don’t you?”

Eunsoo placed her hands on his hips and pouted.

L.Joe let out a chuckle and messed her hair. “You’re not cute at all, Eunsoo.”

“OPPA!” Eunsoo yelled while fixing her messy hair.

L.Joe laughed then walked to his car, Eunsoo followed behind him.

‘He’s still the same L.Joe, no matter what I say or I do, he never hate me. No matter how mean people threat him, he never hate them.’ Eunsoo thought.

 

--------------------

 

“How’s Hyunrin?”

“She is still burning, hyung.”

“Okay, I’ll buy some medicines for her.”

“Hmm. Thanks, hyung.”

Woohyun hung up the phone. He just called Sunggyu and informed that Hyunrin was sick. Woohyun turned his head to Hyunrin, she was still sleeping now.

“Byunghun oppa… Oppa…”

Woohyun was a bit shocked hearing Hyunrin called L.Joe’s old name. It was pretty rare.

‘Are you missing him now?’ Woohyun thought while sweeping her bangs away from her forehead.

“Byunghun oppa…”

Woohyun held his anger, he couldn’t take it anymore. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed L.Joe’s number.

“Yes, hyung?” Woohyun could tell that L.Joe wasn’t in a good mood now.

“Where are you?”

“I’m at Dongdaemun now, why?”

“Can you come here in a snap? Hyunrin keeps calling your name.”

It was a long pause before L.Joe answered, “I can’t.”

“Eunsoo is there, isn’t she?”

“Yes.”

“Fine. Now she is more important than Hyunrin for you. I regret asking you to come.”

“H-- Hyung! It’s n--“

Woohyun hung up before L.Joe could complete his sentence. He felt so disappointed. He was about to stand up when he saw Hyunrin tried to wake up.

“Hi, oppa.” Hyunrin said and forced a smile, her head was spinning.

Woohyun asked, caressing her back. “Feeling better?”

Hyunrin nodded and smiled again. “Ne, thanks.”

“Do you want to eat something?”

“I’m not hungry, oppa. Oh, where is everyone?”

“They have their Sunday schedules, hahaha… L.Joe went home a couple minutes ago.”

“Aaahh~ Arasseo.”

Suddenly Woohyun’s phone vibrated. He looked at his phone and raised an eyebrow. It was Sungjong.

“What’s up, magnae?”

“Hyung!  Dongwoo is in hospital near our favorite restaurant now.”

“Mwo?!”

“Some boys was messing up with Myungsoo when we walked out from the sport center and yeah you know how Dongwoo is, he fought with them.”

“HE WHAT?”

“He got into a fight a-g-a-i-n.”

“Oh my Lord! Okay, I’ll be there in a snap.” Woohyun hung up and grabbed his car key, ready to go.

Suddenly Hyunrin stood up and ran to her room, took her jacket and came back to Woohyun. “Oppa, I’m coming with you.”

“But you’re sick.”

“I wanna see Dongwoo oppa!”

Woohyun couldn’t say anything else but let her come with him. He knew it so well that Hyunrin cared about her oppas so much.