*chapter six*

She is Mine

‘Do you remember that my mom is having a blood cancer? Yes, it became more serious. To pay the hospital bill, my dad and I had to work harder than before. But someday my dad’s clients cheated on him and made our company bankrupt. My dad and I were so desperate until Eunsoo’s dad came and told us that he would help us to pay my mom’s hospital bill in terms I agree to marry his daughter and do the engagement on my 18th birthday.’

Sunggyu let out a heavy sigh. He kicked some stones then continued walking.

‘But don’t get me wrong, at first I rejected it. But seeing my mom’s condition, I gave up. I said to Eunsoo’s dad that if after 2 years I still feel nothing towards his daughter, I would stop the engagement and he could stop giving money for my mom’s hospital bill. That’s why sometimes I was nowhere to be seen, I was working and I’m still working until now. Please don’t tell Hyunrin about this. I’ll work harder and harder so I could stop this stupid engagement.’

Sunggyu felt the rain started to drop. He fastened his steps to Minsoo’s house and tried forgetting his conversation with L.Joe a few hours ago.

 

--------------------

 

 Hyunrin opened her eyes slowly then realized that she wasn’t in her room. This room looked familiar for her. She took a few seconds to realize whose room it was.

“How are you feeling, Hyunrin?” L.Joe walked in to his room, bringing a cup of hot chocolate. He placed it on the table beside his bed and helped Hyunrin to sit up. “Sunggyu hyung and the others are still looking for those bastards, that’s why you’re here now. No one in your house and your brother told me to take care of you.”

“Umm. Arasseo. I’m feeling better, sunbae. Thanks-- HATCHIII!” Hyunrin was about to wipe away her snot with the back of her hand when L.Joe stopped her. He gave her a hanky which totally same with his hanky before. “Here.”

Hyunrin wiped her snot away with that hanky and smiled shyly. “Gomawo, sunbae.”

‘She still doesn’t realize that both of those hankies are mine.’ L.Joe thought.

“What’s wrong, sunbae?” Hyunrin asked.

“N-- Nothing.”

Suddenly L.Joe’s phone vibrated but he decided to ignore it after looked who was calling.

“Why don’t you pick it up, eh?” Hyunrin already guessed who it was, but she just wanted him to say it himself.

L.Joe pulled the battery out from his phone and threw it away. “I don’t feel like picking it up.”

Hyunrin was shocked with L.Joe’s action. She thought it was Eunsoo, but if it was her, why didn’t L.Joe pick it up?

It was about two minutes when L.Joe finally spoke. “Hyunrin-ah.”

Hyunrin raised an eyebrow. “Yes, sunbae?”

“May I hug you?” L.Joe looked straight into her eyes and held her hands.

“S-- Sure.”

L.Joe smiled then pulled Hyunrin in his arms. He hugged her tightly. He caressed her back and kissed her forehead, feeling her sweet scent. Hyunrin, who was shocked at all, just stunned there. But after a few seconds, she hugged him back. She missed his warmth. She missed being in his arms. She missed L.Joe. The memories of their childhood suddenly popped out in her mind.

“Sunbae.” Hyunrin called, still in his embrace.

“Hmm?”

Tears escaped from Hyunrin’s eyes. “I miss you.”

L.Joe pulled Hyunrin away and shocked as he saw her tears. He wiped that tears with his thumbs. “Why are you crying?”

“I don’t know.” Hyunrin tried to laugh but she failed, it only made more tears fell down on her chubby cheeks.

“Ssstt.” L.Joe pulled Hyunrin back in his arms, trying to calm her down. “Don’t cry. I hate seeing your tears. It hurts me, too. So please don’t cry anymore, okay?”

Hyunrin felt guilty. She didn’t mean to hurt L.Joe, but she didn’t know why she let the tears fall down on her cheeks. Hyunrin felt her chest tightened, like something was ready to explode inside her. But before she could control that feeling, L.Joe pulled away and held her chin, made her face closer to his and finally their lips met. It was a soft yet gentle kiss but long enough for them. Hyunrin didn’t know how to react, but it wasn’t too long when she finally kissed him back. It was her first kiss. Hyunrin felt empty when she didn’t feel the warmth of L.Joe’s soft lips anymore. She opened her eyes and saw him smiled.

“Just promise me that you won’t go away anymore.” L.Joe said, caressing her cheek.

Hyunrin looked down and gave a small nod. She didn’t have the courage to look at L.Joe’s face. She felt shy after that kiss and suddenly Eunsoo’s face came to her mind.

 “Please wait me.” L.Joe said, like reading what was in Hyunrin’s mind.

Hyunrin nodded again though she didn’t know what was the meaning of that. One thing she knew, she still had a feeling towards L.Joe.

 

--------------------

 

Myungsoo and Woohyun were walking around the park to refresh their mind when suddenly Myungsoo caught a familiar person was sitting on the bench near them.

“One of that bastards.” Myungsoo hissed.

Woohyun followed Myungsoo’s gaze then his eyes widened in shock. “Is he one of the boys who fought with Dongwoo?”

“Yes.” Myungsoo answered, still looking at that boy.

“He is our sunbae in senior high school, don’t you remember him?”

Myungsoo turned his head to face Woohyun and raised his eyebrow. “Which sunbae, hyung?”

“The one who envy your handsome face. The one who gave you so many troubles during your holiday three years ago. The one who made your girlfriend thought that you was cheating on her.”

Myungsoo clenched his fist tight. He blamed himself for not remembering his sunbae. “That jerk.”

“Call Minsoo now, we have to get the revenge.” Woohyun said, his blood started to boil.