Protect Me

I will always be there

Everyone began walking together as you were afraid of getting lost as it started getting darker in the forest. You spotted a bright yellow flag behind a tree but no one else did as you tugged Hoya’s arm to let him know, you & him sneaked past the others by first pretending that Hoya was tying your shoes as everyone kept walking in front. Behind the tree was a drink bottle with a small flashlight that you could wear around your neck. Hoya hid the water bottle in his inside jacket pocket as he placed the flashlight around his neck underneath his tee shirt and before anyone noticed you were gone you & him ran back to the group. Hoya & You laughed as everyone kept walking but little did you know things were going to become bad very soon.

It was dark as you could barely see where you were walking you started getting paranoid of everything around you, you heard someone step on a stick behind you as you swung around to see no one until Hoya squeezed tightly on your hand there was just enough light to see his smile reassuring your now beating like crazy heart. Somehow you couldn’t see any of the other members anymore as you couldn’t feel Nina & L beside you anymore you quietly called Nina’s name but no one answered as you hugged Hoya closer making sure you don’t lose him too.

‘Hoya, I’m scared everyone spilt up.’

Hoya pulled out the flashlight as he walked around calling everyone’s name you heard no answer as his voice echoed through the woods. You heard something behind you once more as you turned around to see a figure moving behind the trees, you turned back around to see Hoya but he wasn’t there anymore. You panicked your heartbeat quickened as you spun around in the dark moving your hands around to see if maybe he is still there just out of your sight.

‘Hoya... HOYA? HOYA!!!’ you kept screaming but no reply as you tightened his jacket around you before you started walking once again. You walked until you couldn’t anymore so you sat down by a tree closing your eyes for a minute but when you did you could hear something move in front of you, you stood up immediately as you could hear something move closer until you could hear its breathing.

‘DO….DON’T C-C-COME ANY CLOSERRR!! I WILL SCREAM AND EVRYONE WOULD KNOW!’

You stood back as you could hear it coming closer you kept backing up until you noticed you were on a cliff and you can’t see how far down it was. The ‘Thing’ jumped at you making you leap back without realising as you landed hard with a thud as you heard a crack. You tried to get up feeling nauseous you screamed out in pain as you saw your now bloody leg that seemed to be broken. You tried to get up using a nearby tree but couldn’t move your right leg; it felt dead you couldn’t feel your leg at all. Tears stared falling down your cold cheeks as you looked up from your spot; you padded the cold ground around you trying to find your phone. Your phone touched something as you pulled it towards you it was your phone, you dialled Hoya but the phone refused to call out so you threw it on the ground.

‘HOYA? HOYA? ‘You screamed but no one answered you gave up sitting on the ground. You looked up at the cliff it was pretty far but you saw a small branch that looked like it could be climbable. On top of the cliff you saw a figure looking down at you, picking up your phone to shine the little light you have on the person. You shined it into their eyes hoping to see Hoya’s brown eyes staring back at you but instead you looked up to see a beautiful pair of brown eyes looking down at you as Hoya looked at you with concern he pulled his arm down to grab you but his arm wasn’t long enough he called to you before he jumped down off the cliff.

‘What are you doing? How are we going to get back up?’ You asked him as you winced in pain.

‘Look’ as he pointed to the rope ties securely to his waist with the other end tied to the rock on the cliff to climb. He slightly touched your leg as your face scrunched in pain. He immediately let go as he tried to think of a plan to try and get you up onto the cliff without putting too much pain on your leg.

‘Look into my eyes okay, it’s going to hurt but when it does just look into my eyes.’ He whispered into your ear before swiftly picking you up as he did you looked into his honey brown eyes squeezing his shoulder. He put you on his back so he can climb up the cliff while you held onto him. He began climbing as he turned back every time to look at your face helping you bare through the pain coursing through your leg, He climbed up higher but as he did he accidently swung his body to the side hitting your leg on the sharp rocky edge you let out a yelp as tears coursed down your face. He looked back at you as you could see hurt in his eyes as he saw your tears he also had tears down the side of his cheek. He was close to the top as he pushed you up to lie down his fingers almost slid making him almost fall back down as your heart leapt, he swung his legs up as he came to examine your leg. Blood was still guzzling out of the cut as he tried to put pressure on the cut it wasn’t working as your eyes slowly started to close, he cried your name slightly waking you up. He took off his shirt that was now covered with your blood as he forced it around your now pale leg. His hand slid up to cup your icy cheek as you badly wanted to close your eyes.

‘NO, DON’T YOU DARE CLOSE YOUR EYES!!’ He squeezed your hand as your eyes rolled to the back of your head; you could barely hear his sweet voice calling out for you. Your eyes flickered open once more to see someone behind Hoya as the figure came closer, you attempted to scream Hoya’s name to let him know but nothing came out. As tears streaked down your face as the person came closer and closer, you saw it was some girl that was wearing clothes that looked like your own as you remembered packing similar clothes like that, the girl stood behind Hoya as she smiled at you but something was wrong and sinister about this girl. She wore her hair the same colour and style as you do as you noticed around her wrist was the same turtle bracelet you gave Hoya but you looked over at Hoya’s hand as he was still wearing his. Something gleamed in her belt as you noticed it was a knife along with that she was holding your phone that you threw off the cliff. She winked at you before she strikes Hoya over the head knocking him to the ground and before you became unconsciously you saw her Hoya’s hair as she glinted the sharp knife in your eyes.