First Sight

I will always be there

You are the new employee at a small café in Seoul as you are saving money to enter an agency to have your dream of becoming an idol. Your first day at the café and you are very lost as the line of customers grew it was 3.30pm and this is a popular spot for students after school. Getting complaints here and there you were getting more flustered as an unni stepped in relieving you telling you to take a break. You went to the back of the café telling yourself just live with it for a few more months and you will be okay. After a few more minutes you went back in to help with the orders as you rushed back and forth giving their customers their drinks and getting complaints for wrong drinks. After two more hours the rush was finally over as your unni said her shift was over leaving you and the manager. It was now 5.30pm when a group of boys came in with track pants and singlets still sweaty and rowdy with smiles on their faces.

You looked over to the manager as you really didn’t want to serve them and make a fool of yourself in front of a bunch of really good looking boys; he rolled his eyes as he nudged you to them with a notepad and pen. Swallowing your cry you walked up to the table full of cute boys as they all turned their head to look at you.

‘Annyeong, What would you guys like?’ You asked them with a shaky voice as they all smiled at each other before looking back at you as you looked up from your notepad your eyes caught sight of this one guy. He had a really smile with his black hair brushed to the side he was only wearing a loose singlet stained with his sweat and black track pants, he took one of his hands and brushed it through his messy hair as he did you your lips without even noticing. As one of the other guys coughed to catch your attention bringing you back into reality your eyes flashed to the one that coughed. He had a nice smile too but he seemed shy to you as he ordered they went around the table placing their orders one by one when it was finally his turn.

He looked up to see your eyes you could see he had a nice eye smile as ordered;

‘Can I just have a burger with fries? Kamsamida’ He told you as he averted his eyes making you feel a little disappointed of not hearing him talk more. As you walked away you could hear them talking about something…

The guy that first ordered said something as you caught the end of the conversation;

‘…Hoya, you have been training to hard take some rest later okay.’

As you saw he was talking to the guy that you were watching you remembered his name... Hoya as you kept eavesdropping until your manager gave you flaming charisma making you stop listening as he told you to go clean the bathrooms as you waited for their food. You quickly walked past their table avoiding all their eyes as you had your head down you just walked into the first bathroom you could see until you realised you walked into the boy’s bathroom.

Inside was Hoya who was looking at himself in the mirror as you saw his shirt was off, he was looking at the mirror and on his chest was a large scar where his heart was and he was clutching his chest he looked like he was in pain. He saw through the reflection you were there as he turned around to face you he grabbed his shirt covering the scar as you averted your eyes away from his body.

‘Sorry. Um… Sorry.’ You told him in a fluster as you closed the door before running past the table into the kitchen. The manager rang the bell indicating you to get the orders as there were seven orders you slowly brought out the orders two at a time. You brought out Hoya’s order last as you saw he was sitting back at the table with his head placed on the table he didn’t even look up as you brought out his food. You bowed and as you left you heard Hoya’s small voice say ‘Kamsamida’ as it brought a small smile onto your lips but you couldn’t help but remember what you saw in the bathroom as you attempted to erase the image from your mind.

You sat in your corner behind the counter watching them eat feeling a tiny bit like a stalker but you supressed that feeling. As they finally finished their food they asked for their bill, you brought their bill as they all pulled out their wallets they argued who was going to pay for the meal but Hoya placed a hand over theirs as he placed the money in your hand. He placed a $100 note in your hand but the meal was only $50 dollars for all of them so you gave him his change but he pulled your palm open placing the rest of the money in your hand. The tip was way too much as you shook your head shoving the money back to him he smiled at you but closed your open fingers making you clutch the money as he left.

It was time to close up as your manager left you to clean you left out a breath as you thought about Hoya. After you finished cleaning you put on your hoodie and jeans with earphones on you went to the court next to the beach. The court was a perfect place for you to practice your dancing and just to have some quiet time. You put music and listened to SHINee’s Hello as you let their sweet voices sweep over you, you made it to the court.

You put your earphones on loud as you warmed up with Lucifer and Shock. You heard someone approach behind you as you turned around to see a boy in a black hoodie with a basketball in his hand, he looked up and you immediately recognised that smile it was Hoya. He bounced the basketball as he went to shoot he got the ball in straightaway as he did his shirt flew up revealing his perfect chocolate abs.

He his lips as he began to play basketball dribbling the ball around you in circles as he threw the ball.

‘YA, what are you doing here? I’m practising Go somewhere else to play your silly game!’

‘But… This is the best court right next to the beach anyways we can share I don’t mind sharing with you.’ He told you with a sly smile on his lips as he watched for your reaction.

‘No way, the ball is going to disrupt not to mention hit me! SO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!’

‘I wouldn’t let anything hurt you… I promise. ‘

With your arms folded you tapped your foot waiting for him to leave but he just smiled at your pouted lips as his smile grew.

‘Okay if you can beat me I will leave and play somewhere else I promise.’

You accepted the idea as you uncross your arms coming closer to him while taking out your iPod placing it on the table beside his. As you rolled up your sleeves he let out a small laugh as you death stared him he back away while keeping in a louder laugh.

‘Wait… What happens if you win?”

‘Then… (Puts his finger to his lips) We both share the court together with no complaining.’

He placed the ball in your hands as he stood in front of you when you realised your disadvantage he is freaking tall compared to him you a dwarf. He also has super muscly arms that can easily crush you!! You tried to jump up past him but you only dropped the ball in the process as he laughed grabbing the ball immediately getting it in, in one shot. He laughed while you went in front of him to defend so he wouldn’t get it in. He dribbled the ball past you and he swayed the ball around you, he looked like he was giving you the ball at the last minute he pulled it away making you pout. He stood still as he smiled at your aegyo but kept the ball out of your reach when he told you;

‘I will let you win if you kiss me.’ He told you with a smile as you looked at him as he tried to see your reaction. You leaned close to him nearly touching his lips but not quite as he closed his eyes you grabbed the ball out of his hands getting the ball inside the hoop.

You were now tied with Hoya as you were so tired you couldn’t even think about trying any more. Your phone rang as you & Hoya were about to begin the round. It was your mom calling from your hometown, your mom calls every day to check on you.

‘Ya, Alicia are you home? It’s pretty cold outside make sure you have a jumper on okay?’

‘Mummy now’s not a good time okay. Yes, Yes I have a jumper on. ‘

You heard a laugh from Hoya as you realised he was right next to you listening on the bench. You turned the other way to ignore his laughs. When you heard your mother yelling on the other end.

‘WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S NOT A GOOD TIME? What you don’t have any time for your poor old mum??? Who was that laughing? Do you have a boy over? Oh I see so you hang out with boys all day but when your mother calls you are busy. ‘

‘Mom no it’s not that. I don’t really know this boy he is just some guy that is really annoying.’

As you heard Hoya says ‘YA’ behind you

‘Okay sweetie fine be safe I will call you soon and make sure he can take care of you!’

You shut your phone to turn around to see a bright eyed smiling boy looking at you.

‘What?’

‘Nothing, your mum seems nice.’

‘Shut up are you saying your mum never calls you & says things like that? Anyways we got a game to finish.’

As you said that his phone rang you both looked at the same time, his phone was right next to your hand he attempted to grab the phone but it was too late.

‘Hello Hoya is currently unavailable right now as he is too busy in the toilet’ as you laughed in the phone Hoya screamed while laughing trying to manoeuvre the phone out of your hands. Turning he missed your hands as he slid his hands around your waist tickling you at the same time making you drop the phone, the phone slid out of your hands down the hill to the beach. You both ran towards the phone with his hands still around your waist he threw you up on his shoulder as he ran with you on him down the hill. You screamed and laughed while yelling at him to put you down when he finally did his phone was on the beach but it was where the current was carrying the waves. Hoya bent down picking up the phone but it was dripping wet refusing to turn on as he turned around with a smile on his face he ran towards you, running away laughing he caught up to you in a flash.

The next minute you were on your back as he was on top tickling you as you screamed sorry to him with your hands and feet kicking up sand. He finally rolled over to your side as he lay next to you. You looked up to the sky as you realised you haven’t even told him your name.

‘You know you don’t know my name?’

‘I do your name is Alicia. I believe you know I’m Hoya.’

‘How do you know that?’

‘Oh I have my ways. Joking I asked your manager.’

‘Are you my oppa?’         

‘Don’t call me that.’

‘Why?’

‘Because people who are close don’t have formalities and I want us to be close.’

He stopped looking at the sky as he turned his head to look into your eyes. He patted the sand beside him for you to come closer and lie down, you obeyed. You lay next to him as his hands touched yours you flinched because of how warm his hands were compared to yours and he clasped your hand.

‘You don’t want to get a cold; I have to look after you… For your mom’