Chapter 16

Can you keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16

I woke up to Luhan sitting by my bed, and I was confused why he was there and where was Sehun?

“You’re up?” He looked up from his phone and smiled while I gave a weak smile. “I was so worried about you so I offered to take over from Sehun. Are you feeling better now?” He asked worriedly and I let out another smile. “I’m better now.”

It was true, my headache had gone away and I didn’t feel myself burning up as much anymore. Thanks to Sehun.

“You really scared me yesterday; I was so shocked when I saw you unconscious!” He shrieked while I let out a chuckle. “I’m sorry I made all of you worried.”

“It’s a relief that Sehun brought you home from the company, that’s why you’re so much better now.” He said casually and I widened my eyes. “He brought me home?” I asked, still shocked.

“Yeah? What about that?” He raised his eyebrows while I just shook my head. “Just asking.”

He brought me home even though he was ignoring me for the past few days?

“Anyway, you’re exempted from dance practice until you get better, but don’t worry about that; we still got about one more week to the debut and we’ve already practiced so many times.” He explained while I was silently relieved that I wouldn’t be missing out on anything.

“Sorry for the trouble.” I said apologetically while he just smiled and ruffled my hair. “Don’t worry about anything and just focus on getting well soon.”

--

I was bored to tears, and I couldn’t believe I was saying this, but I’d rather much be sweating and dancing in the practice room with the other members than be here.

Just then, my phone rang and I immediately clicked the answer button when I saw the caller ID.

“Yes, mum?” I called out sweetly and I heard her sigh in relief.
“Are you okay? I heard from one of your members that you’re sick.” She asked anxiously
“Yeah, but I’m all good now, don’t worry.” I explained.

“Are you resting in the dorms now?” She asked again with a hint of worry. “I am; I’ll probably be going back for practice tomorrow because I’m feeling so much better and I’m really bored in the dorms now.” I complained as I kicked my legs in frustration.

“What do you say if I go over to your dorms and whip up a meal for you?” She offered and I was elated.
“You’re free now?” I asked excitedly and I knew she was smiling. “I’m always free for my baby daughter. Send me your address and I’ll be there in a jiffy.” She cooed before hanging up the phone.

I asked the manager and he immediately agreed since he said it’s better for someone to take care of me. I sent her the address immediately after putting down the phone and I was delighted to finally have some company, plus I really missed my mother’s food.

The door opened and Sehun walked in, still sweaty from dance practice and threw his duffel bag to the side before turning to me. “Are you feeling better now?”

“So much better.” I confirmed. “Why are you back home so early?” I asked curiously. At this timing, it should be lunch break but we normally spent it at the practice room.

“It’s lunch now, I just thought I’ll come home and check up on you because-” He said casually and stopped halfway when he realized his words. “I mean, uhm-“ He rubbed his nape awkwardly while I laughed, “The almighty Oh Sehun who ignores me for days is actually worried about me?” I brought my hand to my chin and acted like I was thinking deeply.

“Yah, don’t think too highly of yourself.” He rolled his eyes as he took the thermometer to check my temperature. “37 degrees, at least you’re back to normal for now.” He said with relief and that was when I realized he had huge eye bags and dark eye rings as compared to a few days back.

“You haven’t been sleeping because you were taking care of me?” I asked guiltily and he shrugged. “That’s not the whole reason; I had to catch up with some schoolwork too.”

The doorbell rang after he said that and he seemed surprised that we had a visitor. “I think it’s my mum, I’ll go get it.” I said as I got up from my bed and he followed me.

I opened the front door and a smile immediately painted both our faces. “Mum!!!” I called out energetically as I hugged her even though she was holding bags of groceries.

“You look pretty happy for a sick person.” She laughed while I peeled myself off her. “My mood went up when I saw you.” I said brightly. It’s true, I felt a sudden burst of energy when I saw my mum, and I guess that’s what you call the ‘mum effect’.

“So are you as happy when you see me?” A voice called out from the back as a head peeked out from my mother’s back.

“You’re here too!” I screamed and laughed as I ran into my older brother’s embrace. “Shouldn’t you be at work?” I bemused when we separated from the hug.

“I heard you were sick, so I came over as well.” He said as he ruffled my hair. “You’re the best.” I grinned.

I heard a small cough at the back and that was when I realized Sehun was there too, and I had totally forgotten about him.

“I’ll help you with the groceries.” He said hastily and took the bags from my mother as we all entered the dorms.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Oh Sehun, Jimin’s group mate.” He said respectfully and my mother gave a kind smile. “Oh Sehun… You are the one that called me to tell me about the news?” She inquired and this time, I looked at Sehun. He even helped me call my mum to tell her I’m sick?

“Yes I am.” He said shyly while she smiled. “Thank you for taking care of my Jih-“ She said before I turned around and widened my eyes at her. “Jimin.” I mouthed. “For taking care of my Jimin so well.” She said as composed as p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter