Chapter 9

Can you keep a secret?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sehun, stop dreaming!” The teacher called out and I looked at his backview to see him nodding his head while Kai and I chuckled.

“Someone’s dreaming again.” I said after the class ended and all the students started exiting the class

“I was just sleepy.” He said as he rubbed his eyes. “Sehun!” Daeun walked towards us and approached him.
“Yeah?”
“Are you free today?” She asked.
“I’m practicing dance with Kai and Jimin after school today.” He replied and I could see Daeun was disappointed as her shoulders slumped.

“What about tomorrow?” She perked up and asked again. He pondered for a moment before answering. “I’m getting some stuffs at the mall tomorrow with Luhan and Jimin, you can come along if you want.”

I hope she says no!

“Sure!” Daeun jumped at the offer while Kai and I looked at each other and gave a knowing look. That girl’s getting too obvious with her crush… Wait, am I getting jealous here?

“You alright?” Tao asked as we approached the table. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I smiled and tucked into my lunch, still immersed in my own thoughts.

By the end of the school day, the teacher had announced that there were 2 more tests coming up, and I groaned inwardly at the thought of it.

“Kai’s not joining us today; he says he got a date with this girl he’s been eyeing on.” Sehun said as we were walking out of school. “Now what, girls over bros?”

Just then, a ringtone interrupted our conversation and it was from his phone. He took out his phone and saw the caller ID, before turning it off.

“Who was that?” I asked curiously and he just shook his head while taking another gulp of water. The phone rang again and this time, he looked at it for a few seconds before picking it up.

“Yes Dad, I’m going to the company for practice.” Oh, it’s his Dad.

“In a few months time.” The debut.
“I already said many times, dancing is my passion, being a lawyer is your dream, not mine. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life doing something I don’t want to do.” Being a lawyer?
”No, I will not agree to whatever arranged marriage you’ve planned out for me.” ARRANGED MARRIAGE?!
“I’m hanging up.”

With that, I quickly turned my attention to my phone and acted like I was texting. “I know you heard everything.” He said nonchalantly and looked at me while I bowed my head down.

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.” I said timidly while he just laughed. “No big deal, they never supported me from the start.”

“They?” “My parents.” He smiled sadly as we settled on a nearby bench.

We sat there silently and I waited for him to continue on. “They always thought being a singer was a low-class job, and they always wanted me to become a lawyer, because they are lawyers as well.” He said and I nodded in understanding.

“But they don’t understand, I don’t want to be a lawyer. I want to pursue my dreams, I want to shine on stage and I want to prove to them I can do it.” He smiled.

“They were so upset about it, so I started living separately from them. I stayed over at the members’ houses, practice rooms, park benches, till now; I finally have a roof over my head.” He explained and I looked at him with pity. No teenager should go through this much of hardship at such a young age, just because he wants to live his dreams.

“You’re getting married?” I asked him and there was a sudden sinking feeling in my tummy. Why am I feeling like this?  

“No. They want me to though; they want to merge with another law firm to become even stronger in the industry, so they set me up on dates with the daughters of the owners of the law firms.” He explained.

“What? Arranged marriages still exist?” I chuckled dryly.

“Tell me about it.” He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

“I totally understand where you’re coming from, minus the arranged marriage part though.” I sighed as I thought of how my parents didn’t accept my decision to be singer at first.

“What do you mean?” He asked curiously as he placed all his attention on me.

“My parents didn’t support my dream to be a singer at first; they wanted me to take over their hotel business. However, my elder brother agreed to take over in the end so they decided to let me do whatever I want to because he’s running it.” I said and he nodded. “Seems like we’re always undergoing the same situations.” He said and I chuckled. “Maybe we’re soul mates in our past lives.” I said jokingly.

“You’re lucky though, I haven’t been on good terms with my parents for a while, and until they support me, I don’t think I ever will be.” He sighed and I could tell he misse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter