Mark

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 4

In the beginning of October, Kris and Mark got together for an impromptu videogame session. They could have played Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield or any other badass war game. Shooting stuff, decapitating people. Blowing..Up. Unfortunately Kris's parents didn't like their son playing these violent games so the best he could do was to pop in Tekken. Apparently it was only war games with weapons his parents were against. Combat fighting and suggestive costumes were more than ok. In fact, his parents had convinced Kris to take up Karate when he was 10, but after a rather misfortunate knee to his defenseless third leg, he quit. Of course it hadn't been on purpose but the girl hadn't exactly been apologetic either. He remembered falling to the floor with a 7 year old girl bouncing on top of him, telling him to ' it up', and then he suffered through a rather racist 'I thought all you people were good at fighting' comment from an on looking little boy. Then again, neither knew it was a tiny bit racy at the time.
Anyhow, since then Kris had made damn sure to stay away from any kind of fighting unless it came in the shape of a controller and a scantily clad Nina Williams.

Kris and Mark were both quite the competitive bunch but they usually managed not to break anything, settling for badmouthing each other 'gangsta' style and throwing out the occasional "Yo Mamma" joke.

They were in the middle of an 8vs8 match. Kris was leading with 4 wins while Mark was at 3 when Mark asked out of nowhere. "So... What's up with that crazy chick who's been stalking you lately? Not that I care." "Oh, her." Kris smiled, while furiously mashing the buttons on his controller. "She's cute right?" Mark dodged Nina's attack. "Yeah. Cute. So are you like dating? Not that I care." Kris blushed at the thought. " Nah, we're just friends. Why? You think I should date her? I mean I do like her a lot..." Mark tensed slightly at Kris's words before unleashing one of Anna's finishing combos. "Wow. Someone's in a killer mood." Kris playfully nudged his friend's shoulder before continuing. "I really want to kiss her though, but she always shies away from me. Hey look at me." Kris paused the game, urging Mark to look at him. "Am I ugly?" Slightly taken aback by the blunt question, Mark looked his best friend over. And what he saw was pretty okay. Kris had long black hair, bangs reaching his rich chocolate brown eyes. His skin was smooth and light and served only to highlight two rose colored pouty lips, hiding a goofy grin that was able to dissolve his harsher features. Mark Shrugged. "Eeh." "Eeh?" Kris asked incredulous. "I mean you're not... not doable. No homo." He was quick to add. An un-amused Kris let a blank stare befall his friend. "I'm so lucky to have you as a friend." You could almost see the sarcasm oozing from Kris's mouth. "And don't you forget it. But seriously. If you want to get the girl you need to change man." Mark shoved away his controller before lying down on his back on the living room carpet. "Change? Why?" Kris copied his moves, lying on his side to look at mark. "Chicks don't exactly dig the whole sappy romantic, borderline gay crap you pretty much live in. They want bad boys. Guys who will make them work for it. If they want a piece of this," Mark gestured to himself. "They need to get off their and let me get off, in their . Am I right?" Mark enthusiastically raised his hand to a high-five."... Right, I keep forgetting you're not part of the Slam Pack. Sorry about that." Kris snorted incredulously. "Have you even had yet?" Now it was Mark's time to make a stone-face. "No Kris. I'm saving myself for the one... My true love. My soul mate. My bonnie. My Juliette. My left shoe. The missing link. The last piece of the puzzle known as life." "erh... Mark." "No, no. Let me finish" Mark held up his hand. "My ketchup to my fries. My basket to my ball. My vase to my sword, oh wherefore art thou yet to be claimed? I search and I search but where doth my other half reside? I watch girl on girl, literally but my blood seek no shelter in my other brain. Desperate! I am desperate and why can't that chick's white poodle be a ing horse, ready to swoop in with Prince Charming, galloping straight into my blood pumping aorta. I need to be had! Take me!... Oh hey Mr. Wu. Sir. Kris's dad. Sir." A stone faced Chinese man was standing in the doorway to the living room. Not looking amused. Kris was trying his best to muffle the hysterical laughter that was rapidly building in his stomach. Mark looked just a tiny bit panicky. A thin sheen of sweat appeared on his forehead.  "...Just rehearsing for the alternative version of... Romeo and Juliette. From the... nun's point of view." Kris's father didn't say a thing. Just turned around while muttering something in Chinese. Kris finally burst out laughing, literally rofling. Mark shot him an annoyed glance before kicking his big behind.

"Why didn't you stop me?!"

"I tried!"

After a while Kris's laughter finally subsided. "So... Prince charming? I think you went kinda off script there. Unless you wanna go shopping for tampons. You know. For your huge ." Kris dried his eyes for tears before shooting his best friend a mischievous grin. "Oh Shut up. Point is. Yes I have ing had and if you want that crazy little minks, then you need my help or you are going stay a sad, little , writing in your sad, secret diary I know you're hiding under your fake bottom drawer. Seriously. I think you need the tampons more than I do, seeing as you're menstruating all over that small of yours." Kris's smile faltered slightly.

"That was kind of mean."

"Sometimes being blunt is for the best."

"Yeah but still."

Kris rose to his feet.

"I don't need your help. Kim will like me for me. I'm sure of it. So you can take your bad boy act and shove it where the sun don't shine. That is, unless your rectum isn't blocked by 'Prince Charming'."

Mark sighed, making his way towards the front door.

"...You didn't read it though. Did you?" 

And evil smile played on Mark's face before he pulled down the handle and opened the front door. "Of course not."