I'm on a plane

Of Airplanes, Lists and Break-ups

Chapter 11

Kris and Mark's conversation had ended peaceful, if not awkward.

Kris couldn't stay mad at his friend. Besides bros before hoes right? They made up, separating with a hug in the doorway. Except in all the sharing of' 'best friends for life' feels, Kris had forgotten about the birthday suit he was sporting underneath his duvet. Thus resulting in Kris letting go of said duvet in favor of wrapping his arms and glorious body around an almost fainting Mark.

That was easily the best day of Mark's life.

Kris started attending class again but he was still very careful not to run into a small Korean girl. Even though him and Mark had made up, Kris was still not completely comfortable around him, doubting it would ever go back to the way it was before. Also Mark kept blushing every time he was around, which was weird. That's why when an extended exchange program with Seoul opened up, Kris was more than eager to apply for it. Against all odds, he got it.

And that my friend would be the reason for Kris, anxiously awaiting his plane for Seoul, South Korea.

You're welcome.

 

Kris tried calming his heart as he handed over his ticket and passport. This was it. He was going to Seoul. Alone. He was flying alone. Without his mom. Alone. For the first time. Ever.
His heart rate only increased as he boarded the jumbo-jet. He took a look at his seat number, squinting his eyes at the rows and rows of seats. Reaching his seat, he was greeted by none other than a young woman. With a baby. 'This flight just increased by several loud hours', Kris deadpanned internally before flashing her an apologetic smile and an awkward "I'm at the window seat." After sitting down the baby indeed started crying. No not crying. Screaming, because of the tremendous injustice of letting a baby board a plane for 18 hours straight. He didn't know if he felt more sorry for the baby or himself. But soon Kris's mind was elsewhere, slowly suffocating at the thought of being stuck in a metal box with no means of escape. He was so far away that he didn't even realize the wailing banshee of a baby had stopped bawling its eyes out.

As the plane started its inevitable take off, Kris, out of habit, frantically grabbed the hand resting on the shared armrest. Not letting go, even as the seatbelt sign was turned off.   
"First time flying?" A male voice knocked Kris out of his trance.

"Yeah... Ish. " Kris mumbled sheepishly. "Is it that obvious?" Kris turned his head towards the voice.

"Well, going by the permanent indents you'll be leaving in my right hand... and of course the numbing sensation from the lack of blood ... I'd say yeah. It's pretty obvious."
Kris didn't expect to see a boy sitting next to him. He looked down to inspect their  hands, clasped ever so tightly together.

"Weren't you a lady? And where is your baby? Oh my God! Did they throw it overboard?!"
Kris said all this without loosening his grip even once.

"I'm quite sure that would be illegal and you know... kill us all. As for me, I'm pretty sure I'm a guy." The passenger let his left hand explore his flat chest for anything out of the ordinary. Like him spontaneously growing s. Fortunately that wasn't the case.

  

"Yup, All male. We're just two guys... Holding hands."
 

Kyungsoo waited for the stranger to take the hint.

"... Ouch," He half whispered. Okay, so clearly the guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but at this rate Kyungsoo's fingers were starting to turn blue.
 

Kris finally realizing the titan grip he had on the other male's defenseless hand, let go in the blink of an eye, receiving a manly whine from the boy.
"I'm so sorry! I'm not thinking straight! I mean, I am straight I'm just not thinking clearly. Is your hand okay? Are you hurt? Does it hurt? Should I get a stewardess?" 'Bong'


Before Kyungsoo even had the chance to  answer, Kris had already pressed the call button. While trying to shake some life into his limp hand, Kyungsoo's mouth formed a perfect 'o'. Sporting a confused frown,  he tried to comprehend the English that had plummeted from the strangers lips. He did however get the first part. 'Not, something, something, straight.'  

 

Kris never received a response. He did however get a very scrutinizing look. The boy hoisted up a bag from underneath his seat, pulled out a note pan and a pen, scribbling down something before quickly putting everything away again. An award-winning heart-shaped smile found its way to the boy's lips, eyes shaped into crescents as the thank-you speech. To say the least, Kris was stunned at the sight. So when the stewardess arrived, asking if she could help with anything. Kris's well-formulated reply was something along the line of: "Je vois la vie en rose".

The stewardess didn't understand his request, repeating her question. This time all she got out of him was a slurred 'dreamy'.
 

Kyungsoo, starting to feel embarrassed for the poor guy, interrupted the stewardess  who was asking if there was anything he needed for the third time.

"We're fine. But maybe you could bring us a few more blankets?" The stewardess nodded gratefully before turning on her heel.

"It always gets really cold." Kyungsoo said to no one in particular.

The guy was still starring at him when the stewardess returned with their blankets. It did freak him out. Just a little bit. Kyungsoo muttered something in Korean under his breath.

"Ah! I'm so sorry for your hand earlier. Does it really still hurt? Do you want to hit me? It's okay. Just try not to hit my nose." The guy had changed from English to Korean. He had also shut his eyes tightly. Probably awaiting a blow to the face.

"Oh! You're Korean?

"I'm not."

"Aah. So you are Canadian with a Korean upbringing?"

"Actually I'm Chinese."

"... You lost me."

"I'm Chinese Canadian."
"Who just happens to speak French and Korean?"

"Not fluently. But yes. I speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean with a side of French Pretense."

"Cool. You study languages?"
"Nope. Phys. Ed."

"..." Kyungsoo didn't know how to respond to that.
"So are you in high school or?"
Kyungsoo sighed. This happened every time.

"I'm in my second year of college."

"Wow, really? But you look so cute."
"..."
"Erh... Still straight, just you know, you look, you're very... Wow, is it suffocating in here or what?" Insert nervous laughter.
Aarh so the guys wasn't gay after all even though he certainly didn't made it believable. Kyungsoo whipped out his notepad again, quickly deleting what he had first written

  • Hit on a gay man. Hit on a 'straight' man.

Kyungsoo smiled to himself. Putting away his list again. He mentally laughed at his own challenge.
 

Kris had finally turned his body away from the stranger. Was he really that awkward with people?

"What is your name?"

Kris slowly turned his head towards the other guy again. Clearly not having expected any more conversation from the boy.
"... Kris?... Wu? Fan? "
"You don't know your own name?"

"I do! It just wasn't sure if you were talking to me."

The petit man boy let out a melodic laugh.
"Why wouldn't I? 18 hours is a long time not talking to someone."
"I guess..." Kris slowly let his lips spread into his signature dufus  smile. Over-lip slowly dragging over his pearly whites to reveal healthy gums.

"It's nice meeting you... Kris was it?" Kris nodded his response.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo."


A/N

The first Krisoo interactions yay :D Glad you stuck with me for so long ^^
This was the last update for today, sorry but life. (:
Please do leave a commentm upvote or subscribe. It makes me feel all fluffy inside :D