That Night 2

A "Little" Secret

When I was 5 my parents left. The people I called my parents were actually my godmother and her free loading husband. He made me call him dad because he was sterile and I was the closets he had to his own child. At the time, they treated me like most parents did. With love and affection. By the time I was 16, they sent me off to a boarding school in America. I didn’t really mind. The school was huge, it reminded me a lot like Hogwarts. Minus the witchcraft sadly. I made a couple close friends there which was good. That was when I learned about the school theme. How they used dramas every year. This year they used a Korean drama called ‘Boys over Flowers.’ It was cool at first, but then Cho Kyuhyun came and screwed everything up. And he was only there for a week. Everyone loved him but I didn’t because he was just another pretty boy. That’s where the bullying started happening. Everyone picked on me, beat me up, they even tried to kill me at one point. Of course I ignored it. It didn’t really bother me much. One day, I went to the shower room to find my roommate. She was one of my only friends. When I went into the shower room, I saw her standing in the shower. She had bottle of pills in her hand, the cap was on the ground and the container was empty. I will never forget her facial expression. She had really dark bags under her eyes, she was so pale from the water, and her lips were turning blue. She looked terrified when she saw me. I didn’t know what to do, I was shocked and confused with the situation. That’s when everything came crashing down. My friend, Marie, she suddenly collapsed. I ran to her and held her in my arms. I tried to keep her warm but her pulse kept slowing down.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered before she shut her eyes and her pulse stopped. Everything after that became a blur. I remember walking up the stairs to my dorm and saw a note on the wall.

Dear Annie,

I’m sorry

-George

George was my other friend. He and Marie were my only friends. The note was strange. A couple hours earlier Marie said that she was sorry too. I walked into the room slowly and the light. I stood there frozen. In front of me was a hanging body. The noose was on the ceiling fan and the corpse was swinging in slow circles. I don’t think I screamed but I remember calling 911. After that day, people bullied me more. They all thought I was a curse or something that caused my only friends to commit suicide. Every day, people would pass by me and I could hear them whisper. They always talked about how they couldn’t be near me or they’d become so depressed that they would want to kill themselves. I didn’t really care much about them talking to me. It was just annoying. After that year ended, I went back home to Toronto. My ‘parents’ didn’t treat me well. As soon as my ‘father’ saw me he said, “What? Home already? , I thought you’d never come home.” From that day I knew he regretted taking me in. I always thought he would drink every night maybe that was why he beat me. I don’t know when it started, it just happened. I wouldn’t tell anyone. I had no friends in my normal high school either. There was no one for me to talk to. My mom would be there for me sometimes. Sometimes she would ask how I am and I would always reply with ‘I am fine.’ She never suspected anything since her husband only hit me when she was at work. I couldn’t do anything to prevent this crap from happening. That’s when I found razors. At first I thought, ‘Why not?’ It hurt like a mother er but I didn’t hurt as much as my emotional pain from my parents neglect and from my only friends suicide. I couldn’t tell Henry because he never had the address from where he was sending these letters from. It felt like the end of the world for me. Everyone thought I was like this for attention, but in reality I could care less about the attention. I knew people had it worse than me, that’s what kept me going.

 

Present

 

“And that’s what happened with my life.” I turned and looked and Tiffany. She had tissues in her hand and was covering her face.

“HOW DID YOU LIVE?” She cried. She started crying about more things but I didn’t understand it since she was covering her face.

“YAH! Fany-ah!” A voice boomed as the door opened. I turned my head and the figure froze. Tiffany looked up slowly.

“Oh… This is Mel, my friend…” She said. The woman nodded and stuck her hand out.

“Jessica.” I shook her hand and told her my name. “Why are you crying so much?” She asked Tiffany.

“Oh it’s nothing.” Tiffany responded. Jessica nodded and closed the door as she left. “I have a question.” Tiffany said as she wiped her tears away.

“Ye?”

“In that note, they called you Annie. But you go by Mel?”

“My real name is Annabelle. My mother’s husband didn’t like that name so he just called me Melody and I just went by this. Henry doesn’t know either…”

“Henry… You’ve known him since you were 7 and you still never told him?” She asked in a shocked expression. I nodded. “I think I should go back… It’s late.” I said. She pulled her phone out.

“Yeah, it’s almost 3 in the morning. Oh can I have your number?” She asked with the smile returning to her face. I nodded and typed it in for her. She then led me to the front door and I waved good bye.

, would Henry be mad that I’m coming back late?

I shrugged and just walked straight. Hopefully I’m going the right way

I knocked on the door of Super Juniors dorm. I really hope they weren’t going to be pissed. Especially Henry, he was scary enough. The door opened and Kyuhyun looked down at me.

“Oh. It’s you. I got my money ready for the food for no reason then.” He said as I walked in.

“Why would you eat so late? It’s almost 3… You’ll get fat…” I muttered as I took my shoes off and started to make my way down the hall to Henrys room. Kyuhyun grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

Why does this keep happening?

I stared at him blankly and he gave me a small smirk.

“I have to tell you something. You better listen because I won’t repeat it.” He said to me.

“Oh god, please stop with the Boys over Flowers thing. It’s weird…” I mumbled. He let my arm go and I rubbed them from how tight his grip was.

“You know what? Never mind…” He said as he walked into the living room. I blinked a few times and walked towards Henrys room again. As I approached his door, I hesitated. The door knobs were only centimeters away but I didn’t have the guts to reach for it and open the damn door. Instead, I just stood there frozen with my arm out.

“Yah. Aren’t you going to open the door?” a voice said.

“Mollayo…” I said. I turned around and froze from how close Kyuhyun was to me. I kept my arms tightly around my chest as he put his arms around me. I looked up at him and he smiled at me.

“Why are you so scared of me?” he asked. I stayed silent and I saw his face get closer to mine.

“Yah… What are you doing?” I whispered. His face was so close from mine, so close that I could feel his breath. He pushed my hair, which was hanging loosely on my face, behind my ear. I squeezed my eyes tightly. I didn’t want to know what was going to happen. I cracked one eye open and saw how much closer he was. His hand went up and touched my face as he turned his head a bit.

He was going to kiss me… Maybe I want him to do this? No! I won't let him...

Suddenly, I fell and looked up to see Henry standing there.

“Were you here this whole time?” He asked as he grabbed my hand and helped me up.

“No, I just got here…” I said as I walked to his bed and laid down. “It’s been a long day, let me sleep.” I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. The door closed and I felt the bed move as Henry laid down next to me.

“We’ll talk about this in the morning…”

----------------------------------------------------------------/------------/-----------------------------

A/N: Kyuhyun is....yeah...sorry.... I needed something to happen and that's the result! Than chu for reading~~