The Next Day

A "Little" Secret

I opened my eyes to the bright light that filled the room. I squinted and looked up a bit. I was all alone. I smiled a bit, finally some peace and quiet.

“YAH! MELODY ANN JOHNSON!” someone screamed. My peace and quiet was quickly ruined. I groaned a bit and forced myself to get out of the bed. The room looked was much better in the dark, you couldn’t see the mess that was piling up next to the bed. I stood up and walked out of the room slowly. Down the hall and into the living room, the members of SuJu were waiting there. They were dressed up to go exercise.

“Ye?” I said as I sat down on the couch next to Heechul.

“We all have a schedule to do… So you might be here alone. Kyuhyun may come back early from Radio Star but I’m not sure. Henry will probably be back late. So have fun getting to know Kyu. Careful though, he’s quite…well you’ll find out sooner or later…” Siwon said. I nodded and said goodbye to everyone as I went back to Henrys room and fell into his bed to sleep again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up from a door squeaking. I got up and looked to see who it was.

“Yah! Anyone here?” the voice asked.

“Ye.” I replied as I walked into the living room. I was still shocked I could suddenly understand Korean now.

“Mel?” The voice said. I looked up and froze.

“K-ky-Kyuhyun…”  I stammered. He gave me a smirk and walked close to me. I kept my head down as he came closer to me and patted my head.

“Aigoo! You’ve grown so much since I last saw you in the U.S.” He said. I quietly nodded and tried to escape. The door opened again and I slightly turned to see who it was. Henry was standing there with bags of what I suppose was groceries.

“Wow! You guys got close fast!” Henry said.

“We’ve known each other for some time.” Kyuhyun exclaimed. Henry looked at us with a shocked expression.

“Really?” Henry asked quietly. I nodded and he just went to the kitchen.

“How have you been, Mel?” Kyuhyun asked me with the stupid smirk that he always makes. I shrugged and walked back to Henrys room. Deep breaths, he’s a member of Super Junior. What he did to me before is just the past. The door opened and I jumped, I fell on the ground again.

“Why so jumpy?” Henry asked with a worrisome smile.

“Nothing… It’s just Kyuhyun…” I responded while scratching the back of my head and smiling awkwardly at him.

“We need to catch up. There’s a whole 5 years that I didn’t know what was going on with your life.” He said as he came into the room and sat on his bed. “So, spit it out! I want to know what happened!” He said happily. I smiled at him and sat down next to me.

“Hyung… Your life is already more interesting. I wanna know what happened to you!” I said to him. He looked at me confusingly.

“Did you just call me hyung?” he asked slowly.

“Yeah…”

“Why…?” he sounded so scared.

“Because… Why the not?” I said. He jumped off the bed and stood in front of me.

“Yah! Don’t curse!” He yelled. I laughed and he glared at me.

“I can ing curse if I ing want to!” I laughed more and he covered his face with his hand.

“Where did I go wrong?!” he yelled. I couldn’t stop laughing and tears were going down my face.

“Just sit and tell me about what happened!” I yelled while taking deep breaths to stop the laughter. He did as I said and sat down.

“Back when I was your age, I auditioned for SM entertainment. I was later informed that I had passed the audition and had to go to Korea. I told my family about it and made them promise not to tell you. I had to work so hard just to get to where I am now.” He let out a loud sigh and laid back.

“That’s it? I expected the idol life to be exciting… I guess not…” I muttered. He smiled at me and shrugged.

“The idol life isn’t that luxurious if you can’t tell. I mean we live in a dorm. Well we also have homes but before we had to stay in the dorms so we could get use to each other. So now, tell me. How do you know Kyuhyun?” He said. I let out a loud sigh and laid down next to him.

“I went to this boarding school in America when I was 16. I guess every year the school did some sort of theme or something. That year it was Boys Over Flowers. It was really stupid. I don’t even understand. Kyuhyun went to the school a lot for some reason and he picked on me because I was the only one that didn’t like him. I didn’t know he was famous and even if I knew, it wouldn’t have made a difference. We just didn’t like each other. He was a bastard and I just wanted him to leave me alone. It was like bullying I guess you can say. The word spread that I didn’t like him and I got beat up by random people because of it. Like when I went to the bathroom, the girls in there would beat me up just because I didn’t care for Kyuhyun. I was bullied by pretty much everyone at the time.” I sighed as I said it and Henry stared at me with shock.

“Kyuhyun bullied you? But why?” He asked quietly. I shrugged.

“It’s all over now so it’s fine.” I assured him. He shook his head and sat up.

“I need to talk to him about this. That’s just wrong!” He said as he stood up and walked of the room. I chased after him and tried pulling him back.

“Hyung! Don’t do that! Please!” I begged. He kept moving and I sat on the ground, thinking it’ll slow him down.

“Please…” I whispered, almost in a cry. He stopped moving immediately. He sighed and pulled me up.

“Fine… we’ll talk about this when you’re ready…” He grumbled. I smiled and hugged him.

“Thank you…” I whispered.

“Oh? What are you guys doing?” A voice said. I moved my head to see who it was. It was Eunhyuk.

“Nothing Oppa…” I mumbled. I looked back at Henry and he stared at me with shock.

“Oh I see how it is! You call him Oppa but you call me Hyung?! Are you trying to show favoritism?” He said angrily. I chuckled and walked back towards Henrys room again.

“YAH! I WASN’ T DONE TALKING TO YOU!” Henry yelled. I ignored him and grabbed my suitcase, bringing it to the bathroom. I locked the door and turned the water for the shower on. I stripped from my clothing and stepped into the warm-ish water. It felt nice, the warm water hitting against your skin. I heard the door open once again and felt a draft. I froze and tried to see who it was from the end of the shower curtain.

“Hyung, hurry up or I’ll shower with you.” The voice said. I slowly moved the curtain so I can stick my head out and nothing would be seen.

“Uhm…” I said. I didn’t know any Korean words to help me with this! “Y-yah!” I said a bit louder. The person turned and jumped back with shock. It was Ryeowook. He covered his eyes.

“S-sorry… I thought you were Hyukjae hyung.” He kept his eyes closed and tried looking for the door handle. He eventually made it out and closed the door tightly. I tried to wash myself fast so I didn’t have to deal with this again. I pressed my hands over my face and shook my head. That was embarrassing… I know I locked the door!