Back Flash

A "Little" Secret

We met back when I was 7, he was 12 at the time. We were on the way to the bus stop. He was so friendly and outgoing so we became friends instantly. The 5 year difference meant nothing to us. By the time I was 12 and going to middle school, he just turned 17 and was his second to last year of high school. He was always by my side and was my only friend while I grew up. Of course I had more friends in my grade, but never a friend like Henry. Our parents didn’t like each other much so it was always hard hanging out with him. Since he’d be in a different school, there were different times. As soon as I got off the bus, he would be there waiting for me and we’d go somewhere fun. Of course I’d get scolded that night for being home so late, but it wasn’t my fault our parents hated each other. My mom would always tell me, "Why don't you guys just get married?" I told Henry about this and he took it in consideration. On my 13th birthday, he gave me a cheap ring and told me, “Hopefully one day we’ll get married like your mother said.” I just laughed and accepted it. He always asked for college advice, I don’t know why he asked me. I always told him to choose what was best. He was a genius at instruments so he could’ve majored as an instrumentalist or something.

One day, I walked over to his house and his sister answered. She told me that he left last night and left a note with an explanation. I didn’t understand what the note said so I just hoped he’d come back fast. As days went by, I would sit by the window and just wait. It was creepy, yes, but by then I realized how much I cared about him. I got letters, they would say the same thing over and over again. “I’ll be back, don’t worry.” There were always more to it but not enough was said. It was too vague. “How have you been? I’ve been well. I’m doing fine here in XXX. You’ll understand one day. I’ll be back, don’t worry.” They said the same thing in every letter that I got less and less excited when I got them. It made me more aggravated by how he actually put XXX and not his real location. Like what’s up with that?

As days went on, I’d wait by the window. It was creepy, yes, but I missed him. He was all I knew. Out of habit, I would always walk up to his house and wait until he came out. It would take a few minutes to remember that he won’t be there to greet me. It sounds depressing, I know but it was sort of depressing for me. Was I actually falling for the guy who gave me a cheap and plastic promise ring?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So this is my first story on here :3 This is quite a short chapter.... But thanks for reading hahaha. I feel like i wont complete this story