The Story Starts

A "Little" Secret

  I stared out the window that gave a marvelous view of the same old street. The same street I walk on every single passing day. It was my 18th birthday and I wanted nothing more than Henry just to come back and save me from this horrid town.

“Honey! You have mail!” The familiar loving voice yelled. I stood up and went down the stairs where all my family members were. Oh yeah, there was supposed to be a “party” for me. Some party. My mom stood in front of me with an envelope in her hand. I grabbed it and took it back upstairs to my room. I shut my door and leaned on it. The address was crossed off, as usual. I was prepared to see the same note Henry gave me every year. I played with it a bit and it felt heavier than usual. Maybe he got me another plastic ring. I slowly opened the envelope and took out the letter.

Dear Mel,

Happy 18th birthday! I think you’re ready to see me again! There are plane tickets in the envelope. The tickets are for tonight! So pack a lot of clothes, tell your parents that you’ll be gone for a while, and make sure you don’t forget anything! I’ll probably meet you at the airport, if I’m not there then someone will pick you up! Just look for your name! The plane will leave at 2 AM! Don’t be late!

Looking forward to seeing you again, Henry

 

What? He sent me a plane ticket?

I pulled the ticket out and felt my eyes pop out of its sockets. I could finally leave this horrid place that I was stuck in for 18 years. I squealed in joy and ran to grab my suitcase. I couldn’t wait to leave! Finally, I get to take a breath of fresh air! I stared at the tickets again and looked for the location.

Seoul, South Korea

Oh my gosh, Seoul? My favorite boy band lives there! I jumped in joy and squealed more. Finally, I could use my very little Korean skills to some sort of use

“Melody Anne Johnson! Stop your ing happiness and get your down here!” The rough and abusive voice of my father yelled. I sighed loudly and ran down the stairs. He stood at the bottom, his facial expression stern.

“What?” I asked.

“Stop locking yourself in your ing room and socialize for once in your life! This is why you have no friends except that Henry kid.” He said as he walked off into the living room. I followed him with my head down. Everyone sat on the couches and ate. I stood in front of them and waited until they were all silent so I could tell them.

“Everyone…” I said, trying to sound confident but my voice came out so small. They all stared at me patiently. I cleared my throat a bit.

“I would just like to inform you all that this is my last day here. Tonight I will be leaving and going to Seoul.” I announced. The expression on everyone faces dropped. My father was the first to react.

“No.” he said.

“No what?” I asked.

“No you can’t leave.” He said. I stared at him in confusion and he just stared me down angrily.

“I’m 18 now! I can make my own choices!” I raised my voice. Realizing my mistake, I clamped my hand over my mouth and my dad stood up. He walked over to me and stood so close that I could feel his breath down my neck.

“You do as I said child.” His harsh voice made me flinch. He punched the side of my head. It was so hard that I felt my face meet the floor and heard my mother scream.

 

I woke up in my bed with an ice pack on my pillow. I looked around my surroundings with confusion.

Where am I? Oh yeah, my room.

I grabbed my phone from the side table and checked the time.

11:38 PM

I jumped out of bed and started packing fast. The pain on the side of my head hurt so much. I grabbed as much clothes as I can, my charger, my makeup bag, and more. By the time I was done, it was 1.

There was a knock at my door. I opened the door slowly and stuck my head out. Thankfully it was my mom.

“Honey, your dad is sleeping. I’ll take you to the airport. Come on.” She whispered. I smiled at her and nodded. She nodded back and walked away. I loved my mother so much. She was always on my side. I grabbed my suitcase and tiptoed down the hall. As I passed my dad’s room, I in my breath and tried to pass by faster. I slowly past his door and tried to go down the stairs fast.

 

My mother sat in the driver’s seat of her car. I smiled to myself and hurried to get in the car. She took the plane ticket from my hands and looked at the time I had to be there.

 

“2 AM? We can make it…” She said. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

So this is what victory looked like. It looked like my mother dropping me off at the airport and me boarding the plane with 10 minutes to spare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So I'm probably going to add a chapter everyday so i wont forget the plot or anything. Thank chu for reading~~