Meeting Everyone

A "Little" Secret

We both stood in front of the entrance of the restaurant Henry called everyone to go to.

“You nervous?” He asked me. I nodded. I actually wasn’t nervous, I just didn’t want to go and meet the other members. They’ll ask me some questions in Korean and I’ll just stare at them in confusion because of my crappy Korean skills.

“Gaja!” he yelled before grabbing my arm and dragging me (once again) into the restaurant. He held my hand tightly while looking around the room. I looked to my left and saw some hands waving at us. I pulled on Henry sleeve and he looked at their direction. He continued holding my hand as we walked towards their table. I felt my face heating up as we got closer. I felt sort of embarrassed, maybe because almost all of Super Junior was right in front of me? Probably… I kept my head down as Henry spoke to them.

“It’s nice to meet you, Melody.” An unfamiliar voice said to me in English. I looked up and a tall man stood in front of me with his hand out for me to shake. I shook it slowly and bowed.

“I’m Siwon.” He said with a smile. I nodded and walked back to the table. Henry led me to sit down next to a man who seemed familiar but I couldn’t think of why he was familiar.

“Mel, this is Ryeowook.” Henry said to me as he gestured towards the light haired man next to me.

“Ryeowook? Doesn’t he run Sukira?” I asked. Henry nodded with a smile and a grin grew on my face. I always watched Sukira, or Kiss the Radio, even though I had no idea what they were talking about. I tried to smile at everyone politely as Henry went through their names.

“…Oh! Yesung and Leeteuk hyung! Yes, uh you might not see them often since they’re in the military. Hmm… oh Kyuhyun isn’t here. He’s probably playing games or something. Mi Ge is in China, he might be here in a couple days? You’ll eventually meet them.” Henry finished the introduction when the food came. I was a little hungry, but not that much. I ate a bit while Henry was too busy looking at puppies that we passed by on the way here. My thoughts broke when I smelt the meat in front of me. I looked down and saw a plate with meat.

“Eat.” Ryeowook said nicely to me. I gave him an awkward smile.

“Y-ye…” I said as I picked at the food with chopsticks. There were conversations going around the table. Ryeowook and Sungmin were talking about food (?), Donghae and Eunhyuk were talking about something I couldn’t understand. They talk so fast. Siwon would interrupt Eunhyuk from time to time, I found it really funny. I looked over at Henry who was stuffing his face with rice and I couldn’t help but crack a smile.

“Ooh~ what’s this?” Siwons voice said. I turned my head and saw him laughing.

“Mueoseulyo? (What?)”  I asked. The table all started giggling. I looked at Henry for help.

“Your pronunciation… It’s so… not…” he burst out laughing.

“It’s not funny!” I pouted. It made everyone laugh harder. I sunk down into my seat and covered my face in embarrassment. They all continued laughing and eating a bit while I sunk down deeper into the seat. My was almost touching the ground.

“Yah, Mel!” an unfamiliar voice said. I slowly sat back up and looked for who called my name.

“Mel! Do you like Super Junior?” Donghae asked. I shrugged and looked at Henry. I liked the way Donghae asked that, his accent is cute in a way.

“Uhm… I’ve never really listened to your music…” I admitted. Siwon translated and there were a few gasps from around me. Was that the wrong thing to say?

“Yah! Are you serious? You’ve never heard our music?” Siwon translated for Eunhyuk. I nodded and more gasps went around.

“Henry no?” Sungmin asked. I shook my head and ate some meat. There were more chatter around the table but I just sat silently and waited for them to all be done. After about what seemed to be like forever, I stood up and bowed to everyone.

“I’ll be going first…” I said as I turned around and started to walk towards the exit. I heard Siwon translate and a chair move. A hand grabbed my arm and I turned around. There was no surprise Henry was the one who did that.

“Are you seriously leaving now?” he asked in such a serious tone. I nodded and he frowned.

“Don’t give me that look. I need my suitcase…” I muttered. He pulled me back to the table and I sat in the chair. I stared at the table as everyone continued their conversations. I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly opened my eyes and it was dark outside. What time was it? I sat up and saw that I was in the car. Henry was driving and I was in the back seat so he couldn’t see me. There was someone in the passenger seat that he was talking to. I closed my eyes and tried to listen to what they were talking about. I wasn’t much of an eavesdropper but I caught on to the habit from my parents. They always talked about what they should do with me. Or at least my dad did.

“So…Melody… She seems interesting.” The voice said.

“Yeah.” I recognized the voice of Henry. “She’s really nice, I think she was just shaken up by the fact that she had dinner with a big K-Pop group.”

“Do you think she’ll stay if you asked her to?”

“I’ve missed her, she probably missed me too…”

“But she never replied to your letters. Don’t lie, I’ve seen you pace around for the mail everyday just to see if you got something for her. Nothing ever came. Are you sure she missed you as much as you missed her?” Henry stayed silent for a bit.

“If she didn’t miss me then why did she come?” I heard the familiar crack. The crack in someone’s voice when they were about to cry.

“Yah…don’t cry. Magnae-ah… I was just saying what if…”

“But what if you’re right? I spent the last 5 years thinking of her for nothing. At the time it felt wrong because of our age difference, but I finally told her and I’m happy.”

“Why couldn’t you tell her ahead of time?”

“She would’ve probably told everyone…” There was a silence for a bit. I heard the other man try and choke a word out but the car came to a stop. I froze and felt a tap on my knee.

“Mel… wake up.” Henrys calming voice said. I slowly squirmed and opened my eyes, trying to make it seem like I was sleeping.

“Where are we?” I whispered sleepily. My car door opened and an arm helped me out. I looked up and saw that the person talking to Henry was Donghae. Wait, what? Were they speaking Korean this whole time? But I understood perfectly… Donghae took my hand and waited for Henry. He was holding my hand. I wanted to freak out but I decided to try and stay calm. Even though I wasn’t a big fan of SJ, this was still so amazing. Henry walked over to us and noticed our hands touching. He sort of froze a bit but then shook his head and put a smile to his face. He pointed to the door and Donghae started walking, our fingers still entangled. We made it to their floor and Henry put the code in. Henry opened the door slowly and walked in quietly. Donghae let go of my hand and I went behind Henry. I held the back of his shirt as he walked down the hallway. He was suddenly holding something. Maybe it was my suitcase. Donghae opened a door and said goodnight. We continued walking and Henry stopped to open the door. He turned the light on and closed the door.

“You can sleep here.” He said to me. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“Where are you gonna sleep?” I asked as I sat down on his bed. He shrugged and tried to walk out the door. I grabbed his arm before he could turn the knob.

“Oppa.” I said in a squeaky voice, trying to use aegyo for the first time. I internally cringed at what I did but it made him stop moving.

“You can sleep here. I’ll sleep on the floor.” I said. He shook his head and sat down on the bed next to me.

“Aish…you make my life hard…” he said as he turned the light off and laid down on the bed. I laid down next to him and stared at him in amusement. I started to giggle and he rolled to his side and looked at me.

“What?” he said as a grin grew on his face.

“Do you remember when I wanted you to sleep over but my dad said no because you were a boy and in high school? But I snuck you into my room and we slept in the same bed, kinda like now.” I don’t know why it was funny but I kept laughing. He smiled at me and my cheek.

“You haven’t changed, have you?” he said as he sat up and grabbed the comforter. Within seconds, I heard his deep breaths turn into small quiet ones. He must’ve been tired. Without thinking, I snuggled into his chest and looked at the plastic ring he gave me when we were young. I put it on a necklace chain and never took it off unless I was showering or in the pool.

“Goodnight Henry…” I whispered before his arms wrapped around me tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ah! So this is how the story is turning out! I'm noy sure if i want it to be a lond story or not (it probably will be lol) I hope you enjoyed it! Thank Chu for reading~~