Apple-pie?

The Bet

“Divorced?!” Gui Gui said. She was scared. How could they get divorced?
“Ying Jie, I know that this may come as a shock for you, but I can’t live with someone who cheated on me…”
“I don’t care! What about us?! You can’t possibly let me or any of my siblings live with him?! He spends all our money on gambling at a casino! He comes home late at night with his countless women, and don’t tell me you didn’t know!” Gui Gui was very angry.
“Ying Jie, you have to understand…”
“That you put yourself before us?! It’s funny; I’ve always putted you guys before everyone.” Gui Gui said. She didn’t want to cry in front of her mother. She never cried in front of the person who made her sad. She had her pride.
“Honey, listen, I just can’t take him anymore and…”
“You sure didn’t think you would get tired of him when you made me, and my other four siblings. If you get divorced I’m moving out.” Gui Gui said. Her mother sighed.
“Then go pack your things… you can move out by tomorrow.” Her mother said.
“I will.” Gui Gui said.
“But your siblings stay with me”
“If you can be selfish, I can too”

Aaron was lying on his bed and thinking about what he would do if he fell in love with Ying Jie. Not that it was possible, she was ugly and poor, but he didn’t have anything else to do. I knocked on his door.
“Come in…” he yawned. He expected that it was the weird maid, Selina, but in walked Hebe.
“Aaron.” She said and smiled.
“Hebe.” He replied. It was clear that she wanted to talk “business.”
“How are you?” she asked, still smiling.
“Let’s just skip this part… what do you want?” Aaron asked.
“I know who your little girlfriend is, and I won’t go easy on her” Hebe said.
“If that’s so, please tell me who it is” Aaron said.
“I originally thought it was impossible, but just by paying a few money to one of her friends it was very clear…” Hebe said, without changing her facial expression.
“You still didn’t mention the name” Aaron said coldly.
“I think you know that I’m talking about Wu Ying Jie. I also fixed some things for her to go through. Please check her family situation up, I promise you that you’ll be amazed by my powers” Hebe said. She was now smirking.
“Geez, I can’t even play around with a girl before you ruin her family? Miss Tian, since when did you start to go after victims?” Aaron asked her. He was still acting cold.
“We both know that this one is different to you, don’t we? And by the way… judging by our family backgrounds… let’s just say that she’ll get even worse if others find out” Hebe said. When did she become this serious? She never used the fact that they were from competing mafia-family’s agienst him. None of them was even involved in the business.
“I will keep that in mind” he said coldly.

“Young master, wake up!” Gui Gui said. After the fight with her mother the night before, she had called Wang Zi. He offered her to stay there as his friend, but she insisted being a maid, as the other thing would harm her pride.
“Hmm…”
“Wake up!”
“Zzz”
“I prepared apple-pie… “She tried. Wang Zi woke up immediately. She knew how much he loved apple-pie.
“Apple-pie?! Where?” he asked. She laughed.
“In your dreams… time to get dressed and eat, Wang Zi…” she said and smiled. When she walked out of the room two minutes later one of the other maids looked weirdly at her.
“Are you done waking him up already?” she asked surprised.
“Yeah…” Gui Gui said.
“HOW did you do that?” the other maid asked her. Waking up Wang Zi must’ve been a problem to the other maids.
“I just mentioned apple-pie, and before I knew it, he was awake…” she said.
“Apple-pie… I must write that one down” the other maid said and walked away weirdly.
Gui Gui didn’t get to think more about it before a tall woman was standing in front of her. The woman was wearing brand-name clothes and looked very serious and strict. She looked at Gui Gui.
“You must be the new maid…” she said and looked disapproving at Gui Gui.
“Yeah… My name is Ying Jie, pleasure to work for you” she said shyly.
“Yeah, it must be. I’ve heard that my son is head-over-heels over you?” she asked Gui Gui.
“Wang Zi? I mean… Young master Qiu? No, we’re only friends” Gui Gui said.
“That’s good then. I don’t want my son to marry some poor girl who only wants his money” the woman said, and then walked away. Gui Gui struggled with herself, as she didn’t want to talk back. Luckily, she succeed.
She walked down the stairs with two of the other maids, who were constantly gossiping about Wang Zi.
“But I heard that his poor friend lives here and work as a maid until she finds a place to live…” one of them said.
“Well, poor young master Qiu Sheng Yi… she’s clearly just using him to get money” the other one with a very high-pitched baby-like voice said. Gui Gui felt invisible.
“Yeah, I hope he doesn’t marry her, but realizes how much he loves me… then marries me, and go on honeymoon with me in Paris” the first one said. Gui Gui looked at them.
“That would be quite impossible, as Wang Zi wants to have his honeymoon in Rome…” she said and smiled.
“Really? I thought he liked Paris… Well, I guess I must’ve been wrong. I’m Xiao Xun, what about you?” the first one of the girls asked.
“I’m Gui Gui” Gui Gui said.
“I’m Ya Tou” the girl with the high pitched voice said.
“How long have you been working here?” Gui Gui asked. She was curious.
“About two years… that also goes for Ya Tou” Xiao Xun said. Gui Gui smiled.
“If that’s the case… can you give me any tips?” she asked happily. She was sure that these girls would become her friends.
“Yeah… watch out for Da Ya, she’s our supervisor and always sneaks around… and don’t fight with Mr. and Mrs. Qiu… And wake Sheng Yi up at least half an hour before he’s supposed to be awake…” Ya Tou said. Gui Gui smiled and nodded.

At school Gui Gui was very tired. Aaron noticed it, of course, and hurried to ask her if something was wrong, which made Wang Zi send him death-glares.
“I’m really fine Aaron, just a bit tired…” Gui Gui said, smiling assuring at Aaron. He didn’t care one bit about it. He was just acting.
“Are you sure? I’ll take you to see the school doctor…” he said. Hebe walked by them.
“Aaron, remember what I told you yesterday” she said, and walked again.
“What did she tell you yesterday?” Gui Gui asked with interest.
“Just something about eating fruits… you know how weird Hebe can get… but Ying Jie, are you completely sure that you’re okay?” he asked her. She nodded.
“Okay, then… but tell me if you start to feel bad” he said, smiling at her. She nodded again, and he walked away.
“Guys, couldn’t you have chosen a less troublesome girl for me?” Aaron asked when he finally found Chun, Calvin and Jiro.
“Well, if she wasn’t troublesome…” Calvin started.
“It wouldn’t be a funny bet” Chun ended.
“The two of you are creeping me out” Jiro said.
“And what makes her even more troublesome is the fact that she’s the Qiu’s family’s maid now…” Calvin said.
“Who told you that?” Aaron asked him surprised.
“I can do more than standing on the school roof in women’s clothing, you know…” Calvin said.
“Anyways, Chun… how are you going to survive when your Ella is leaving Taiwan?” Jiro asked teasingly.
“Shut up, Jiro… At least I can get ONE girlfriend, instead of playing around with girls like the rest of you” Chun said.
“I have a girlfriend!” Aaron said.
“Well, not a real one…” Chun said and rolled his eyes.