Mommy, mommy

The Bet

Gui Gui was trying to control the tears, that was rapidly floating. The words ‘critical state’, ‘not good’, and ‘car accident’ kept on running through her head. It was like she hadn’t been able to understand it before. Aaron could die. Her “parents” didn’t give a damn about her, her real, biological siblings were miles away, and her best friend had already left to help taking care of his friend’s child. She wondered what would happen to her if he died. It would be the most tragic event of her life.
“Gosh, I hate needles!” she heard Chun say behind her. She hadn’t even noticed that he had returned. She wasn’t in a condition where she noticed anything. The doctor from before returned.
“The results are out.” He said. Gui Gui got goose bumps.
“Both of Mr. Yan’s kidneys got injured during the accident, which mean that he’ll need a new one. Does he have any close family, who could donate?” the doctor asked.
“After his father died his mother left… he doesn’t have any siblings that we know about… But if I’m compatible, I’ll donate. Aaron has always been like a brother to me, and if this is the only way to repay him, then I’ll do it.” Calvin said determined. “I owe him my life anyways. If he hadn’t saved me on Ralph’s back then, I wouldn’t be here now.” He added.
“Ralph’s is a bar…” Gui Gui hurried to say.
“Okay, but you have to go through some tests before… We have to see if you actually CAN donate your kidney.” – He turned around and looked at Gui Gui – “You’re Gui Gui, right?” he asked.
Gui Gui nodded.
“Mr. Yan wants to see you.” He said. Gui Gui nodded again, and hurried to Aaron’s room. Aaron was lying on a hospital bed, with bandage around his head and stomach, and needles in both fists. He looked very weak, and it broke Gui Gui’s heart. She hurried to sit at the chair next to him, and held his hand.
“Gui Gui… I just wanted to say, that if I don’t survive this…”
”Of course you’ll survive Aaron, don’t worry. Calvin wants to donate a kidney, so that you can survive… And when you feel okay we’ll get married, okay?” she asked and smiled. It took a lot of acting on her side to not cry. Aaron smiled too.
“Okay, then…” he said, and squeezed her hand a little bit.

SEVEN YEARS LATER:

”Mommy! Mommy, Hebe took my stuff again!” a five-year old boy said, while he was running towards his mother. He looked a lot like her, but had inherited some parts of his father’s look too. Every time the mother looked at his eyes, she couldn’t help but smile.
“Calvin, you have to share your toys with your sister…” she said, and smiled her widely, motherly smile.
“Why did you and dad even give me such a silly name?! I hate it.” He claimed. His mother laughed.
“Haven’t I told you already, honey? When me and daddy was still young, and engaged, uncle Calvin saved your father’s life…” the mother smiled.
“I still don’t think that Uncle Calvin would do that. He’s so scared of needles, why would he donate his Idney?” Calvin asked. The mother smiled.
“It’s kidney, honey… And he did” she smiled widely.
“Then why is sis named Hebe?” he asked. The mother smiled again.
“Because your auntie Hebe helped mommy and daddy a lot…” the mother smiled, and poked Calvin’s nose. Calvin growled.
“Mommy, when is daddy going to return? He’s been gone for so long…” Calvin said.
“Honey, daddy is working in America… But he’ll probably miss his little Calvin soon, and come home” she said, and kissed the little boy’s forehead.
“That’s right” she heard someone say behind her. Both she and Calvin turned around in surprise.
“Aaron…” she said, and smiled happily.
“Daddy!” Calvin said while hugging Aaron’s legs. Aaron smiled happily, and then kissed his wife on the mouth.
“I’m sorry for the long wait, Gui Gui… Liu enterprises gave us quite a hard time, so I had to stay longer than planned to fix up the mess…” he explained. Gui Gui smiled.
“Apology accepted…” she said and smiled. Aaron’s attention was suddenly drawn towards her stomach.
“I see that you’ve been comfort eating quite a bit since I left?” he joked, smirking.
“Don’t think too highly of yourself…” she laughed.
“Daddy, daddy, mommy is going to have another baby!” Calvin said in an excited voice. Gui Gui smiled.
“Really?” Aaron asked shocked. “Why don’t I know about this?”
“Because I couldn’t get in touch with you… it’s going to be a boy, and my birth due’s in September” she smiled.
“Oh my god honey, that’s amazing!” he said, and hugged her happily. She smiled.
“Yeah, it is” she smiled
“I guess that I’m the engraver?” he asked, laughing and kissed her on her cheek.
“Well, then you’re a quite good guesser, engraver” she laughed. Aaron got down on his knees, and started speaking to her stomach.
“Hello… I’m your father. When you come out to join us in this world, me and you’re mother will take very good care of you…”