Chapter seven

Playful kiss

    “Good morning,” I smile, looking from the Kim's, and then to my parents.
 

    “Morning, did you sleep well?” Mr. Kim asks meanwhile grinning; exposing her polished, white teeth that shimmer against the morning sunshine.
 

    “Yes, thank you.” I was about to mention how I slept like a baby, but with Suho in the same room, I assume as little information would be better, for me in particular. I don’t want to get teased by him anymore. Especially now since I know he has a girlfriend.
 

    Who is she? I wonder.
 

    Suho takes a seat at the dining table, closer to his parents, and I take the last available seat beside him, closer to mine. I intertwine my fingers together on my lap, squeezing my hand out of nervousness because, I can feel Suho’s body warmth radiating beside me. He’s that close. If you listen carefully enough, you’ll manage to hear his stable breath as he inhales and exhales.
 

     To distract myself from the dynamite being set a light in my stomach, I glance towards the variety of foods in the middle of the table. Cereals, breads, butter, marmite, jam, orange juice, apples, bananas, and the lists go on. Untangling my finger, I reach my hand out for an apple, only to freeze immediately when Suho’s does the same thing. I move my hand back onto my lap instantly, sensing an overwhelming heat wave warming my cheeks until they feel fried. To my surprise, Suho still grabs an apple and places it on the empty plate in front of me, before getting one for him.
 

    Now, I can officially say that my heart has melted.
 

    I wouldn’t be surprised if my heart stopped working because it got too tired of pumping my blood so swiftly around my body. I’m sorry, heart, I can’t help it. Although it is a small gesture, it means something much more to me. It means that deep inside, behind the layers of disgusting jerk-filled personality, Suho is a gentleman…
 

    HaHa is that even possible.    
 

    He takes a large bite into his apple, mine is still standing on my plate, as I’m too shocked to touch it, afraid that it’ll disappear when I do and the whole gesture would be just a pigment of my imagination. Though, my stomach grumbles, pleading for something to break it’s night fast. Cautiously, I lift my hand and wrap my fingers around the red skin of the apple, holding it up to my mouth. I take a bite, and I’m finally convinced that the apple is real.
 

    YAY! It would be weird if I leap off my chair in pleasure, right?
 

    Thanks Suho, the apple tastes great. I think, smiling smugly as I take another big bite of the fruit.
 

    You’re not as big of a jerk as you want people to think you are, now are you Suho?
 

    “I better get going, I’ll see you later.” He nods at both his parents and mine, before placing the core of the apple on his plate; pushing himself off the chair and tucking it back under the table.
“Joonmyun, you are taking Joohyun with you, aren’t you?” Mr. Kim asks, hinting to Suho that he should take me.

 

    No, please, God no. I don’t want to. No!

    I imagine how awkward and heavy the silence would be around us his car; I wouldn’t be able to handle that. So, I shake my head at Mr. Kim.

 

    “Oh no. It’s fine, seriously. I’d prefer to walk.” I say hesitantly.
 

    “Don’t be silly, dear, you don’t know the way from our house.” Mrs. Kim dives in.
 

     Gulp.
 

     I am squeezing my hands together so tightly that the circulation is cutting off, resulting in a tingly sensation to spread across my fingertips. Please, I do not want to go.

 

    “Okay, I’ll take her.” Suho declares, as if it’s no big deal to him.
 

     It’s no big deal Joohyun, why are you hyperventilating?
 

     It’s just a simple ride to school, it’ll be fine…
 

    “I’ll be in the car.” He tells me as he walks away from the dining room and through the corridor.
I watch him until he rounds the corner, and then turn to my parents and the Kim's.

 

    “Well, I guess I’ll see you later.” I fake a smile to hide my uneasiness.
 

    While they throw their goodbyes at me, I stand from my seat, leaving my half eaten apple on the white, clean plate, and push my chair back into its original place - tucked under the table. Pushing a lump of hair behind my ear, I head after Suho with a heart that’s throbbing tiredly, and furiously shaking hands.
 

    it up Joohyun, why are you so nervous?
 

     I catch a glimpse of myself in the large, round mirror hanging on one of the walls in the hallway, just before the large, double exit doors. Running my fingers through my dark hair that look terrible, I curse under my breath at how unattractive I look. Then, I shake my head and laugh at myself in disbelief. I’ve never cared about how I’ve looked before, never. I know I’ve inspected myself in the past, and seen how attractive or unattractive I’ve gotten, but never have I ever cared.
 

     Oh my bloody God.
 

     Kim Suho, what the have you done to me.
 

     The traffic lights ahead of us turn from green, to yellow, and finally red. Suho presses the breaks of his Mercedes convertible and the car jerks to a stop immediately, making my body heave forward but luckily, it’s caught by the seat belt.
 

     “Would you slow down? You were going 70 miles per hour on a 40 road.” I snap, glaring at his face that’s focusing directly forward at the car in front of him. One hand grips the steering wheel whilst the other is rested on the hand break, ready to press it down when the lights turn green.
 

    “Is the good girl scared?” He teases, pouting his lips in a mocking manner.
 

    “Yes, I’m scared. But you’re not going to think I’m a good girl in a minute if you keep driving like a maniac.”
 

    “Is that a threat?” He raises his eyebrows, facing me this time.
 

    “Well done, Einstein.” I scorn.
 

    “What are you going to do about it?” He asks smugly, never believing for a moment that I’ll do anything to him. “Are you going to hit me? Slap me?” He leans towards me with every word that escapes his mouth. “Or maybe you’re going to do something that only a bad girl does.” He smirks.
 

    I’m quite sure the butterfly’s in my stomach.
 

    “ert!” I shout, moving away from his capturing eyes that are close enough to imprison me in a trance. I try to keep breathing, yes, that’s a good idea, keep breathing. “Now move, the light’s green!”
He chuckles, knowing the effect he’s having on me by doing what he does, he’s seducing me, and I can’t deny it. His head turns back onto the road, he presses down on the gas and the car zooms through the streets so fast that the world outside the windows is blurred. I grasp the edges of my seat and the speedometer rises to 75 miles per hour, 80, 85.

 

    “Okay, STOP! Pull over! Now!” I scream.
 

    The car slows and smoothly comes to halt besides the sidewalk, and I undo my seat belt frantically.
 

    “You’re a dickhead.” I hiss.
 

    “You’re really that scared?” He inquires genuinely. 
 

    “No, I’m just a damn good actress. What do you think?” I pull at the handle of the passenger door, but it’s locked. I turn to him, expectantly. “Open the door!” When Seo Joohyun is angry, you do not want to get on her bad side.
 

    “One thing before you leave,” he fidgets in his seat a little, until most of his upper body is facing mine. “You tell nobody about staying at my house. Understand?” He speaks to me as if I’m a child, and the hefty words linger in the air between us long after he’s said them.
 

    That little area in my heart starts to hurt again, like it did this morning when I found out Suho has a girlfriend. He presses a button on the arm of the driver’s door, and I hear a click that alerts me the doors are now unlocked.
 

    “Now, why would I want to ruin your pretty reputation?” I spit. “Don’t worry Suho, I’m too embarrassed to tell a soul.” And with those last quivering words, I open the door and slam it shut with all the strength in me. I hope I damage his car, the prick deserves it.

 

                                                                  s30hyun_luvar

 

A/N

What do you think? Do you like it so far?

comment, subscribe and upvote!!!!!

enjoy ^^