Chapter four

Playful kiss

   “Hi.”Oh my God. 

 

   I’m getting into the same habit as Soonkyu.

 

  I’m lost for words, his voice is so…y. It’s husky, yet very, very cute. I assume that his overly attractive voice only belongs to an extra-overly attractive face, and mine starts to blush with an obvious pink. I sense my cheeks warming up, frying until they're color of raw, red blood.


   Why am I so anxious? He’s just a boy. Just a boy.


   Even though the urge is killing me, I don’t dare to look up to and match a face to the beautiful voice I’ve just been lucky enough to hear. Maybe the roof crushed me after all, and I died in my house, maybe this is heaven and this stranger of a boy is an angel.


   Seriously, Joohyun?


   As I stare at the my shoes, I can tell his feet are pacing along the living room floor, before he eventually places himself onto the free sofa. However, I still don’t look up.


   Look up god dammit! He’ll think your weird!


   “Seo Joon jung ,Seo Min hyun, Seo Joohyun, we’d like to introduce you to our son, Kim Joonmyun.” Mr.Kim speaks formally as he introduces his son.


   I must be dead, in heaven, or dreaming. Because Joonmyun is a very unique name, and I only know one boy in my life called Joonmyun or better know as Suho. And it can't be him, no crapping way.


   The urge overrules me, and I give in. My head twists to look up at the gorgeous boy standing a few meters away from me, and my assumptions are correct.


   It’s Kim ing Joonmyun (or Suho that's what he goes by at school)

   Breath, Joohyun, breath.


   The most popular kid in school, the most beautiful and stunning guy ever -  and the most egotistic man I’ve ever heard of. He’s wearing the same black coat he wore on the street outside our demolished house only half an hour ago. His perfectly shaped lips form an acute smile, just enough to create a couple creases around his eyelids. He sits with his elbows on his knees and his chin resting on his intertwined fingers. As always, his ruffled dark chocolate hair looks edgy, yet astonishingly hot. Every thing about this god of a guy is perfect; he’s blatantly mesmerizing.


   I scream inside.


 

   For the very first time since he stepped into this room, he looks towards me. Instantly, his smile disappears. Instead, confusion and puzzlement plasters his curious face as he examines my features. And like the idiot I am, my cheeks flame an even more obvious shade of red - so hot that if you place your hand on them, I bet you you'll get burned.


   After a moment of contemplation, I get it. As if a light bulb has suddenly been switched on in my mind, I realise why he's looking at me so strangely.

 
 
 
He’s trying to remember who I am.

  
   Yes, I go to your school and we’re in the same class for English, yet you still don’t know who I am. Idiot. 


   I want to shout at him and call him an egotistically idiot - but I obviously don't, given the circumstances. It's not that I want him to know who I am, but it's the fact that we've been in the same school for almost five years, and he doesn't eve recognize me - how ed up is that?


   I know I'm not popular, but I didn't realize that I'm literally that invisible. 

 
   After around five seconds of his close examination of my  face - which I'm pretty sure looks like it's been fried - he is the first to tear his eyes away from mine. Damn, I should've looked away first. Was I staring for too long? Maybe he thinks I'm some sort of unpopular freak, which won't be a far off conclusion, to be fair.

         
   “It's a pleasure to meet you,” he bows respectfully towards my parents, never looking at me again for a while.  Yes, he definately thinks I'm a freak. “But I’m kind of tired, so I’m going to bed, goodnight.” He declares, to my relief. At least if he isn’t in the room, I won’t be so tense.

 
    Suho pushes himself off of the sofa, which due to the laws of physics, immediately bounces  back to its original and undisturbed shape. Then, he strides towards the door of the living room. Within his walk is some sort of confidence that radiates from his every movement - how does he do that?

 
   Securely buried in his coat pockets are his hands, and he drops his head to stare at the floor as he walks. This consequently makes strands of his dark and rich dark brown hair fall onto his forehead, some even linger on the tips of his eye lashes.

 
   Although part of me is grateful that he’s leaving, the other part also regrets not having his presence anymore; the aura and impression that he radiates on people is indescribable. No one can deny that, not even me.

   Suho is the sort of person that does everything perfectly - from walking, to talking, to studying, to just being human. And he's the type of person you could willingly stare at for hours on end.

 
   Looks mean nothing, he's a jerk inside.

      
   “Joonmyun, could you please take Joohyun to the guestroom on your way?” Mrs.Kim calls after him, making Suho halt in his steps. My heart plummets to the floor, then rebounds back into it's situated space.

           
    Oh, holy crap. If I thought my cheeks were blushing earlier, then they must be set on fire now.

         If I had a soundproof bubble surrounding me at this precise moment, I would scream with all that is in me, the most disgusting cuss words I’ve ever known. Instinctively, my pulse rate rushes to a speed that I’m sure is not healthy, and I start to feel lightheaded. If my heart wasn't surrounded by bones right now, then I'm positive it'll be more than happy to escape from my chest and run away.

  
   Joohyun, you will not faint.

        
    Okay, I’m pretty certain my heart’s going to leap out of my mouth.


   Why so nervous, calm down.


   I can't just calm down, though. He is not just one ordinary boy. Kim Suho is someone extraordinary, and I’ll admit that entirely. Brightly and powerfully, he stands out of a crowd, easily noticeable and likeable – for his looks mainly. Yet, it’s such a waste to think that a beauty like Suho can have such an unattractive personality.

 
    to be you Suho! Well, maybe it doesn’t.

   
   “Uhm…” I try to think of an excuse to avoid going to the guest room, alone, with Suho. Unfortunately, nothing springs to mind, and I'm left to mumble under my breath like a retarded animal. 

         
   Just my luck, thanks, cheers God.


   “It’s just up the stairs.” Suho sneers, sensing my hesitation and the nervousness in my stuttered ‘uhm’. And I hate him for it.

       
   Okay, Joohyun, you can do this, think of him .

 
   Wait? What dickhead came up with the idea that believing someone is will calm your nerves? Subtly, I shake my head from the thought – I definitely do not want to see Suho . With an anxious laugh, I push myself off of the elegant, and insanely bulky fabric sofa.


   With a bow and a 'goodnight' aimed at my parents and the Kim's, my feet shuffle in Suho's direction. Clumsily, the poor, typical me trips over the edge of the rug and I dive forwards in a way that can be mistaken as a  'Superman' act. One arm outstretched in front of me, and one behind me, in hope to steady myself. Luckily, I manage to stop myself just in time from crashing into Suho's chest; our bodies are now only separated by a couple of inches.

 
   I can’t breath.

        
   What the hell, Joohyun?

         
   Now, even the voice inside my head is angry with me. I glance at Suho with an apologetic expression, yet all he does in return is flash his self-esteem-crushing smirk. Although it's meant to hurt me in a way, I find myself blushing at the sight of his lips being pulled up at each corner. 

        
   What a jerk, making me blush for no goddamn reason. 

        
   For a moment, I have the temptation to stick my tongue out at him, but I realize our heads are far too close together. Before he’s able to witness my coldest and most venomous death stare, he spins on the balls of his feet and strides out of the room with pride that tells someone ‘he owns this place’. I scrunch my face in revulsion at his back; does he think he’s some sort of God? 

          
    If you haven't already realized, yes he does think he's God, especially in Sone High. That, my friends, is why you will most definitely find every girl to be dribbling all over him when he walks through the corridors.

         
   “Are you going, honey?” Mom awakens me from my daydream.

        
   It's just now that I realize there are other people in this room. For a moment, I was so entranced by Suho that I forget his parents are sitting only a couple of meters from me. Respectfully, I send my mom a nod in response, before burying my face behind my black hair in order to hide my flaming red cheeks.

           
   You're so embarrassing. 

           
   "Have a good night, Mr. and Mrs.kim, mom, dad." I say quietly, but I'm sure it was loud enough for them to hear. 

         
   I don't dare wait for a reply from any of them before I'm out of the living room door and in the grand hallway. After I kick myself internally for being such a pathetic loser, I notice that Suho is halfway up the spiral staircase, not bothering to wait for me. So, I pace hurriedly towards the stairs, taking a huge lunge to miss a step as I climb and catch up to him.

 

 

                                                               s30hyun_luvar

 

A/N

enjoy ^^ ill update soon!!

Subscribe and comment upvote if you are enjoying¡