Chapter five

Playful kiss


    As I do so, I place my hand on the golden banister of the stairs; letting it glide across the sleek, coo

l material beneath. Obviously, I’m jealous. I wish I had a house like this. This is the sort of house you'd see in a millionaires magazine, with a price tag that has far too many zeros. 


   Glancing in Suho's direction, I think back to the times I’ve seen him wondering around school. Obviously, he’s always with Lay and Kai, with a desperate-looking Yoona trailing after him, like a dog. Undoubtably, wherever he and his clan go, each and every girl is bound to be staring at their beauty and admiring their popularity.


    I know, just like a typical chick flick.


    Everyone at school knows that Suho is a part of a rich family, as his father is the CEO of an international architectural and interior design company (well no wonder his house looks like a palace). However, I didn't really realise just how rich he is, until now that is. And this magnificent house proves it. 


     After I admire his broad back for a few moments, he turns his head in my direction. 


    “You're so clumsy, try not to trip again.” He smirks, then looks straight ahead. He steps onto the second floor landing.

         
    Sadly, I’m too annoyed due to his irritating statement that I don’t pay attention to the beauty that is the second floor. Instead, I glare maliciously at his head – his oh-so-y head, which isn’t even facing me.

       
     “It was an accident, I’m sorry if I was too close to breaking one of your precious nails.” I spit back in retaliation, but instantly regret it.

         
    In a swift movement, he spins around, a daring stare present in his brown eyes that seem to darken in a matter of seconds, his head is bent to the right slightly. I notice the subtle movement of him clenching his jaw - making the structure of his face even more defined - but his expression is more amused than it is angry.

         
    “Oh, don’t worry, I get my manicure done tomorrow, so it shouldn’t have been a problem if you did break them.” He speaks so seriously that I have to consider for a moment whether he’s being honest or not. However, when the evil smirk reappears on his smug face, I realize it’s a joke.

         
    “I won’t be surprised if you do have a manicure, I’ve always thought there would be a feminine side to you.” I cross my arms over my chest, proud of my comeback.

         
    Joohyun, what are you doing? Dig yourself a bigger hole why don’t you. 

         
    “Are you calling me a girl?” He inquires. 

         
    “Yes.”

         
    Oh god, Joohyun, you’re officially awarded the prize of the craziest motherf**ker.

         
    “Do you know who I am?” He challenges with an amused expression.

 

He takes a few steps closer to me until his body is hovering over my figure. His hand rises to rub at the light stubble on his jaw.

        
    “Yes, and I hate myself for it.” I snap, shuffling backwards. I’ve only just realized that I’ve been holding my breath.

         
    “And you know that I can make your life a living hell if you’re not careful.”

        

     “As if, Suho.” I scoff, trying to sound confident.


    I take another step backwards and lean my face as far away from his as possible. But, there’s a problem, my shuffling feet are stopped due to the stair banister behind me.


     “You’re a little too confident for your own good.”

         
    “Says the arrogant jerk.” I spit repulsed.

         
    You better say goodbye, Joohyun, because you’re sheesh kabob.

          
    Suho takes another step towards me, trapping me against the banister of the stairs. Our faces so close together that his warm breathe tickles the tip of my nose, which makes nuclear bombs explode inside of me. My palms are sweaty, my robe feels extremely tight, and my heart is beating at the rapid rate of a machine gun. Suho peals his eyes from mine, only to let them wander slowly down my body, and then back up to lock with my gaze again.


   Suddenly, I feel self conscious of my very revealing crop top that isn’t covered by my robe. I try to straighten my posture, hoping to prove that his ‘look’ hasn’t affected me. But, obviously, I fail. Due to the rise of boiling temperature in my face, I guarantee that I’ve reached my ultimate blush. Perfect.

         
    That’s it! I didn’t do karate for a year when I was eight for nothing.

         
    Inhaling deeply, I smirk venomously at him before pushing my hands against his chest and attempting to shove him backwards. However, the only person who gets pushed is me, my spine arks too far backwards as it hits the banister behind me. At the sudden pain stabbing at my back, my jaw drops and I try not to wince from the pain.


    Unbelievable! He doesn’t move an inch.

         
    In a matter of seconds, the second floor is trafficked with Suho’s fits of laughter. He hobbles backwards, away from me, to give himself enough room to bend forwards and clutch his stomach as he chuckles even louder. For a moment, from the way he's crouched forward with a red face, holding his stomach, I consider whether he is about to vomit. But due to the loud chuckles that escape his lips, it's identifiable that the dude is just in a serious fit of laughter.

          
    You made the jerk laugh at you, Joohyun. You deserve a massive round of applause.

         
    “I tell you what, clumsy…” He breathes between his hysterics. “I needed that laugh.”

       
    And when I think he’s finished, he laughs even louder. This time, he brings himself up to his full height and throws his head backwards in hysterics. I’m too sure that his shrieks of humor are easily audible around the house.

         
    “Are we on nickname terms now?” I spit in disgust, trying not to pay attention to his laugh as best I can.

         
    “Oh, you mean ‘clumsy’?” He straightens himself a little, but doesn’t quit with the laughing. “I think it suits you, don’t you?” He smirks, breathing heavily from his laughing fit.

         
    “Don’t you think ‘dickhead’ suits you?” I bite back.

         
    “Ooh, the girl swears.” He finishes laughing, staring me right in the eye with a mocking grin that never disappears from his lips.

         
    I roll my eyes. “Where’s the guestroom?” I inquire, frustrated.

        
    The sooner I can get away from this douche, the better.

         
    “Down there, first door to the right.” He points down the mesmerising hallway, still with the amused look glued to his complexion.

             
    Once I spot the door that he's pointing at, I dart away from him, pleaing for my legs to pick up their pace and walk faster.

         
    “You might want to slow down, otherwise you can trip and fall.” He calls after me, just a few seconds before I can shut the guestroom door and block out his vile comments.


     Ugh, that was nasty. Everything about today has been nasty.

       
    My house is ruined, I think I've lost all of my possessions, yet for a while I was ecstatic, knowing that we were to stay at Kim's house tonight. Unfortunately, little did I know that the rudest, most annoying and most egotistical boy I know, also lives under this roof. I sigh, leaning exasperatedly against the sturdy door whilst my eyes seal shut.


    It's funny how your life can change so instantly in only a matter of hours.

          
    Everyone's going to find out that I live with Kim Suho. 

         
    Everyone's going to know that my house has collapsed. 

         
    I'm going to be the sad, pathetic little girl that can't afford to rent out a decent replacement house for the time being.

         
    Great, this is fantastic - this is definately not how I planned I would spend the rest of the year. 

           
    After hearing a nearby door close, which I assume is Suho’s; I open my eyes. Once I've taken in the elegance of my surroundings, undoubtedly I have an eyegasm. With my mouth open like a dog gasping for breath, I stare unblinkingly at the room displayed in front of my eyes.

         
    Holy crap.

         
    The guestroom is around the same size as the living room, with rich, golden curtains and bed covers to match. There’s a great chandelier hanging from the ceiling, with sharpened crystals dangling like diamond earrings. I smile stupidly at the California king bed ahead of me, and compare it to my tiny and most uncomfortable single bed at home, which is too small to occupy my whole body.


    To my right is the bathroom, with the same colour scheme as the bedroom; gold, white, brown. There are two sinks (I don’t know why one isn’t enough), a toilet (well, duh) and a shower with fresh, clean towels hanging on a hook beside it. Everything that my eyes scroll across seems to be expensive, and I feel too clumsy to touch any object that looks so…touchable.

         
    Clumsy…

         
    That jerk. Who does he think he is to call me that? 

         
    I shake my head, hoping to get rid of the image of Suho smirking, and concentrate on digesting the beauty of this room. Just as I prepare myself to leap onto the huge and lengthy bed, I’m stopped in mid-sprint by a series of  three knocks on the door. Anxiously, I pause, and I pray.

         
    Please don’t be him, please don’t be him, please don’t be him.

 

             

                                             s30hyun_luvar

 

A/N

 

Sorry for not updating