Chapter three

Playful kiss

   My dad pulls in the driveway, parking his car near the edge of the grass and switching off the entire engine. Curiously, I stare out of the window onto the house before us, or should say mansion. My mouth creats an 'o' shape as i stare at the large palace-like mansion in awe. Gigantic pillars hold up the second floor, guarding the stairs that wind up to the front, double doors. In the middle of the front garden that is 5 times the size of ours, sits a flowing fountain with mermaid and mermen figures carved into its stonewall.

 
   Many large windows illuminate light from the switched on light bulbs, adding fairytale affect to the whole house. As I examine each and every corner of the house from where  I sat, my dad turns to face both me and my mom in the back seat since the passenger seat is occupied by our safe that my dad managed to save. It holds everything essential that we need: money, passports, gold (not that essential, but you know), and more.

   
  "Suk min is my old high school friend who I've managed to keeping touch with over the years. He's a very nice man, and i expect you, Joohyun, to be on your best behavior. " My dad says in his I'm-your-father-so-lets-be-serious tone.


   I turn to him and nod my head at a speed that soon makes me dizzy. All i want to do now is have a tour of this mansion. Actually, I want to sleep.


   My parents and i all climb out of the car. Once everyones doors are firmly shut, dad locks the car with his remote key and starts toward his friends huge, silky and black BMW four-wheel drive. Mr. Suk min led the way to his house and luckily, the journey only took five minutes, yet the neighborhoods are utterly different. 


   Around this area of town, monstrously large houses stand detached, each one having at least hundreds of meters of garden, which separates them from other residents. In their driveways stands only the latest and most expensive vehicles, which i can only dream of possessing one day. I frown ungratefully at our rusty VW that we've had ever since i can  remember. And, to top off that not-so-glamourous design of car, there are several scratches from where parts of our house had landed on it during the collapse.


   We won't be able to afford a new car for a while, thats for sure.


   But now, i look up at the beauty before me, the mansion that belongs to my dads friend and his family. Then, i think, does he have any children? Does he have a daughter around my age?


   "Well, this is my house." He climbs out of the driver seat, closes the door of his flashy car and locks it with his key. "How about i get you all inside." He smiles at the three of us.


   I realize I'm still in my pajamas; short shorts and a crop top. Great.


   At least I have a robe - I think to myself, whilst wrapping even tighter around my shivering body.  We trail after Mr. Suk min, making our way up to the stairs beyond the pillars, and wait  in front of the main door. Mr. Suk min fiddles in his pocket before pulling out a key that's locked onto a set of key rings. One key ring in particular outshines the others, attracting my attention.


   After studying the yellow, rectangular plastic I noticed it's our schools key ring that parents are usually given at the parents open house. Well then, maybe he does have a daughter after all.


   Mentally, I scan through the possible girls in my year that can Mr. Suk min's daughter, and since I don't know his last name in makes it even harder for me to guess.


   Please, please, please don't say it's Im Yoona. Please.


   She's the richest girl i know, and also the snobbiest, iest and flirtiest. If she is Mr. Suk min's daughter, I'd rather sleep with the dog - if they have one.


   Finally Mr. Suk min opens the door, pushing it open and gesturing us to walk in first. Politely, dad nods at him and steps onto the marble floors covering the hallway, followed by mom, then me, and eventually by Mr. Suk min who closes the door behind him.


   "Welcome home." He grins at us.


   A comforting lukewarm feeling over whelms me as he smiles at us; what an awesome person he is, I would applaud him. Which is something i wouldn't do because it would be random and weird, we hear footsteps approaching us from behind. Heels of slippers which repeatedly slap against the cream-colored marble, covering the floor in the entrance.


   "Welcome!" I turn. The source of the voice comes from a brunette women, who is approximately the same age as her husband. "My name is Kim Jin kyung." She outstretched her hand to shake my fathers. 


   After hugging my mom, she turns to me as I'm about  give her a small bow she hugs me with same hospitable, yet painful bear hug. Squeezing me tightly, i try not gasp due to the pain she is causing my back by pressing her bracelets against my spine. After pulling away, she pinches my cheeks with her index fingers and thumbs, wiggling my face slightly.


    "Ah, how adorable and beautiful. If only I had a daughters." She sighs, now my cheeks, which most likely have turned red.


   If they don't have a daughter, then why does Mr.Kim have the schools keyring?


   Ah, crap.


   "But I'm sure you'll get along with my son just fine, he seems to take interest in pretty girls." She giggles like child before taking a step back, still admiring as if I'm some kind of angel.


   Great, they have a son.


   "Shall we." Mr.Kim points toward the open living room door, and we follow him into the spacious room.


   Obviously, their house is huge. The hallway is the size of our whole ground floor put together, decorated with persian rug that takes up most of the marble floor. In the middle stands a golden, spiral staircase, i bet it will be fun to slide down - not that i was thinking of sliding down. The living room is double the size of the hallway, with three cream sofas surrounding a fireplace and a small see-through glass table in the center. I take a seat with my parents on one of the sofas, as Mr. And Mrs.Kim sit directly opposite of us.


   "What's your name sweetie!" Asks Mrs.Kim, still admiring me.


   "Seo Joohyun." I smile back.


   Dramatically, she sighs again. "Joohyun...." She repeats, dazed. "Such a beautiful name." She compliments me, and i cant help but grin like a fool.


   What? Its not every day that i get this many compliments in the matter of five minute. 


   My dad and Mr.Kim do most of the chatting for a while laughing about the memories they shared together when they were both in school. After a few minutes, we all turn our heads to the door of the living room, when we're interrupted by  a clicking sound of a closing door. Then, footsteps are audible to all our ears. I wait for the Kim's to explain whom it is.


   "Ah, that must be our son." Mr.Kim reveals.


   "Honey!" Mr.Kim calls. "We've got visitors!"


   I gulp out of nervousness, then lace my fingers together and pray, please don't be hot, please don't be hot, please don't be hot.


   The footsteps become louder, they echo against the walls of the massive house. Thud, Thud, Thud.


   Don't be nervous; he's just a boy, stay calm.


   I turn away from the door just as I see a shadow appear on the marble flooring in the hallway that isn't covered by the persian rug. He enters through the door. 

 

 

                                                                  s30hyun_luvar 

   

What do you think? Comment and subscribe!!!

Tell me what you think and don't worry i dont bite ^^ hope you enjoyed this chapter

 

A/N

The parents are made up characters i just came up with random names