Chapter six

Playful kiss

  

 

         Slowly, the doorknob turns and the door creaks open whilst I stand statue-still, as if it’s a typical scene in a horror movie. Through the little gap that the door’s created, pops up a head, searching the room until his eyes meet mine.

         “Hey dad.” I wave awkwardly at him. 

         
         He pushes the door open even wider to let himself in, “hey honey, have you settled in yet?” He asks, making his way towards the bed and placing himself on the mattress that groves in as a result of his weight.

        
        “We’re only staying a night, dad. I don’t need to ‘settle in’.” I use my hands to make the quote makes in the air, before sitting down beside him on the bed. To my surprise, even though I’ve put on a couple of pounds this year, I don’t seem to balance out the weight. I nearly throw my fist in the air with triumph and shout ‘I’m not fat’, but I decide against it.

         
        “About that sweetheart…” He clears his throat. “Your mother and I have decided that it’ll be best to stay here whilst finding a new place.” He admits, but my ears refuse to hear it.

         
        “Excuse me, what?” I lean closer to make sure I’ve heard correctly.

         
        “We thought it’ll be best if we stayed here until we find another house.” He repeats, and this time I hear it correctly but refuse to tolerate it.

        
        No! What? I don’t want to stay in the same freakin’ house as that mad female dog of guy! No! No! No!

       
       “How long do you think we’ll stay here?” I try my upmost hardest to keep my voice clear, not displaying any of the hatred circling in my head towards Suho.


        “As long as it takes, a couple of weeks, or maybe a couple of months if we’re lucky.”

 
        Oh no.

 
        A COUPLE OF MONTHS!

    
       Under the same roof as the dickhead? You’re ting me! I refuse.

 
        Like a misbehaving, stubborn child, I cross my arms over my chest and slump my back, glaring at my dad.

 
        “Can’t we stay in a hotel?” Even I am surprised when the words leave my mouth, like I said before, I hate hotels. But given the circumstances now, I’d pick a hotel over this house; hell I’ll sleep with the dog.

 
       “Why would you want to stay in a hotel, when we can stay here for free?” He furrows his eyebrows at me in confusion. “Look around you Joohyun, this is…” As he examines the beauty in this room with hungry eyes, he speaks as if this is the best thing that’s ever happened to him. Yet, I can’t help but chuckle to myself.

   
       “Okay dad,” I say, patting him on the shoulder whilst his eyes roam the guestroom. “Stop drooling.”


       That night, – even though I hate to admit it – I slept like a baby. With my knee’s curled to my chest, cheek on the pillow and bum stuck up as high as possible, and it’s the best sleep I’ve had in my life. The softness of the mattress cushioned my body heavenly, as if I was sleeping on air. The duck feather duvet wasn’t too heavy, nor too light, just perfect. I’ve never been happier to wake up at 7 am in the morning before; however, the moment of happiness instantly drains from my mind.


        School’s a .

        
        I push the duvet cover from me, exposing my bare arms and legs to the golden sunshine that pours unstoppably through the 3 large windows and balcony. I sigh, a bittersweet sigh. Bitter, because I have school in an hour, and even though I love the subjects, I hate the people (apart from Soonkyu). Sweet, because I’m in heaven, and I’m loving every minute of it.


        Joyfully, I swing my legs off the bed so that the soles of my feet meet the rug covering the marble floor, and jump off the bed. Skipping my way over to the welcoming balcony, I smile in anticipation. I’ve never been on a balcony before! I giggle, excited, before unlocking the balcony door with the key that is fixed in the key hole, turning the handle and inhaling the fresh air that tumbles into my face once I slide open the glass door. Steadily, I step out onto the titled floor of the balcony, hopping slightly to avoid the coldness of the titles below my toes. Then, I reach for the railing, securing my figures onto the pipe-like banister, and lean my head forward to look over the acres of garden below me.

         Holy ing .

         I’m god smacked.

         No, I’m paralyzed.

         No, I’m…I don’t even know how to explain how I’m feeling right now. My eyes are pleading for more of the view, desperate to take in as much of the beautiful scenery as possible before they are torn apart from it.

   
        It’s amazing, fascinating, mesmerizing.

  
       The view is great. Green, bushy trees scattered across the large spaces of freshly cut grass, decorated with a vegetable patch at the far left hand side. Situated in the middle, sits a rectangular, glass green house, which holds a variety of agricultural plants from what I can see. Behind the green house is a swimming pool that's water is a shiny blue, reflecting the fairytale colour of the sky. Surrounding the pool are patio floors and deck chairs, ideal for the summer.


         I smile, a genuine smile, which warms my insides and heats the balls of my feet that only seconds ago were cold from the titles.


         “Liking the view?” Says the familiar, husky voice a couple of meters to my right.


        Unwillingly, my eyes are turned away from the view to look in Suho’s direction, and my happiness is killed.


        “I was liking it, until you came into the view.”


        “Ouch, that hurts. Right here.” He speaks mockingly, whilst patting his heart.


        Yet, I can’t help but notice how attractive he looks, even though it seems as if he’s just gotten out of bed. His messy hair makes him look even ier, edgier and hot, and a teenage girl like me must be blind to miss his defined, muscular arms that aren’t covered by his white vest. Although he’s well built, he doesn’t have the bulky, body builder type physique, which is a good thing, he doesn’t need to change anything about himself, he’s pretty perfect…

 
       What? No! Shush Joohyun. Ugh. Gross. Quit it, stupid girl!

    
     “Awh, baby, go cry.” I tease, not in a good way. Honest to God, I try to ignore his manly body, but my eyes seem to be enjoying his view more than they enjoyed the view of the garden.


         No! I said quit! Stupid girl. I swear, when Suho leaves, I’m going to slap myself in the face.


         This is no ordinary guy Seohyun; this is Kim suho, the player, the bully, the popular kid, and the perfect guy… No!


         “I might just do that.” He smirks before turning to walk back into his bedroom. He stops in his balcony door way and turns to face me again. “Breakfast is in 10 minutes, hurry up.” Then, his body disappears.

 
       “Wait!” I call after him, jumping to the edge of my balcony just so that I can get that little bit closer to his.


        His head reappears, and then his whole body comes back into my craving sight…Uh oh. My craving sight? There is definitely something wrong with me. He waits for me to speak with his arms crossed over his sturdy-looking chest and a bored expression plastered on his face.


         I swallow, “I don’t have anything to wear to school.” I state. “All my clothes are in my house.” My house? More like my pile of bricks and concrete that can hardly be proven to have once been a house.

 
        “So? Go in your pajama’s.” He points to my current outfit, then spins around to head back inside.

  
       “Suho!” I squeal. “I’m not going in my pajama’s!”


         His eyes meet mine once again, yet his look is inspiringly intense. Although he’s stood quite far away from me, I can make out their chocolate brown colour, and the long, thick eyelashes that protect them. “Why not? You look cute.” He debates, eyeing me.

 
        I suddenly feel extremely self-conscious.


        Kim Suho just said I looked cute.

       
        Gulp.


        Oh my ing God.

 
        After exploring my long legs, my mid-riff, my s and arms, his eyes finally meet mine again, but they’re a much darker shade of brown this time. Maybe they change colour when he get’s ?

  
       Oh my God, Joohyun, you need counseling. Sorry to break it to you, but I think you’d be the last person River will be interested in.

  
       "Suho! Are you checking me out? You ert!” I step away from the side of the balcony, away from Suho, that way he wouldn’t see my flaming cheeks turn the colour of the evening sunset.

         “Suho! Are you checking me out? You ert!” He repeats exactly what I’ve said, only in a high pitched ‘girl-voice’ that sounds more like a strangled cat or a retarded seal.


         “You’re so mature.”


         “Say’s the girl who thinks I was checking her out.” He hits back, and I’m not sure why, but his comment hurts. Just a little bit.


         See, I told you! You’d be the last person Suho will be interested in.

   
         The goddam voice in my head is always right.


        “So? Do you have anything I can wear?” I ask, returning to the original subject.

   
       “Yeah, plenty, that’s if you wanna look like a dude.” He snorts a chuckle of laughter.

  
         I sigh, “Suho, please. I have nothing. Absolutely nothing, can’t you just help me out this one time?” I’m serious now, he too can sense it by the way he stares at me intently.

    
         It’s true what I’ve said, I’ve lost everything, and all my possessions are gone.


         “One second.” He gives in, rolling his eyes at me as if I’m a nuisance.

         Ha! Suho might have a heart after all; he’s actually helping me out. However, after 3 minutes of leaning patiently against the concrete balcony wall, I start to doubt whether he’s helping me or ditching me. Suho, I swear, if you’re playing with me, I’m going to rip your balls out. I lean over my balcony again, ready to scream at Suho for taking so long, before a knock on my door interrupts my attempt.


         I enter back into my room, running towards the door and turning the handle before the person on the other side knocks again. A slight gasp escapes my lips when I see Suho standing in the hallway, holding a pile of fresh and folded clothes in his hands.

    
       “Look, I know I’m good looking, but you don’t have to make your feelings for me that obvious.” The dickhead smirks his famous smirk and I want to slap him.

  
       Was my gasp that loud?

  
       “Well, you must like me since you went through the trouble of getting me those clothes.” I say slyly, nodding towards the clothes in his hands.


         His head snaps back in laughter, “you wish!” He snorts. “Did I mention these clothes are my girlfriends?” His eyebrows rise.

   
        Girlfriend?

   
        Kim Suho has a girlfriend?

         
        Joohyun! You hate the jerk! Why do you care?

   
        I don’t care…do I?

   
      “Thank your girlfriend for me then.” I say, trying with my best effort not to show how much I’m affected by that fact. I snatch the clothes out of his hands, and swing the door shut with my foot.

         Joohyun? Wake up! You hate him, remember?

   
         Yes, I do hate him. Then, why do I care so much that he has a girlfriend? Obviously someone as handsome and popular as him is bound to have a girlfriend, yet why am I so surprised? Ugh. I hate this.


         Calmly, I lay the clothes onto the bed, straightening out the soft, expensive fabric. Then, I slap myself three times in the face, full pelt.


         It really hurts.


         After having a rapidly fast shower and brushing my teeth in the bathroom, I tip toe back to the bed where the clothes lay, trying not to get the floor wet. However, I leave a trail of droplets of water that fall from the tips of my long, black hair. When it’s wet, strands stick together to make me look like a drowned rat. I run my fingers through the wet fringe, pushing it away from my face, whilst admiring the clothes before me.

 

        Suho’s girlfriend has expensive taste in fashion.


         The cream top is from Channel – probably costing her a fortune, even though it’s nothing but plain. The skinny denim jeans seem newly bought from Armani, and they match the woolen cardigan perfectly. To finish the elegant look, there is a pair of flat, black shoes with a few golden studs on their back. I drop the towel from around my body, it lands on the floor beside me, and I start to get changed. Once I’ve finished, I look in the mirror of the dressing table to my left, and smile in satisfaction. Every thing fits just fine, and I look presentable.


         Quickly, taking in account the time that I read from the clock hanging above my bed, I tidy the guestroom. After neatly folding my clothes and placing them in the wardrobe, hanging the towel back in the bathroom and making my bed, I head steadily towards the door. Taking a deep breath, I turn the golden handle, opening the door, and walk across the landing towards the stairs. Climbing down, step by step, whilst holding onto the railing, I think of what to tell Soonkyu about this situation. Yesterday, she knew that I would spend the night at Kim's house, however, she doesn’t know who’s dad he is, she doesn’t know that Kim Suho is his son.

 
        Should I tell her?


        When I reach the downstairs hallway, I stand a little lost in the spaciously great entrance, eyeing each door and corridor that trails away to another part of the house. Well…there seems to be 10 doors and 3 corridors, which one leads to the kitchen or dining room? Or wherever the Kim’s have their breakfast.

 
        “This way, clumsy.” I only realize now that Suho has been walking behind me on the stairs, his steps completely silent.

 
        He strides past me, walking through the corridor directly behind the stairs, and I trail after him. Now that he’s dressed in reasonably tight grey trousers and a blue-stripped shirt that clings a little to his upper body, my eyes never peal away from his back. Seriously, how can someone be so beautiful?

 
        You’re doing a great job of ‘hating’ the guy, Joohyun, sarcastically speaks the voice inside my head.

 
        Although it’s rude to stare, I do not ing care when I have a god of boy walking in front of me. What? I’m a hormonal teenager aren’t I? At least I can hate Suho, yet admit that he is one fine looking man. The muscles in his back contract and relax in turn as he walks around a corner that leads to an open dining room that isn’t locked behind a door. I have a sudden dangerous urge to feel his back, to run my fingers along his bare skin…

   
      Ew, ew, ew, ew. No.

 
      But, no matter how many times I tell my brain that this is far from normal, and absurdly wrong to be thinking about Suho like that…I can’t help but glue my eyes to him. That’s until my pupils are forced to move away from his hot body, and face my parent’s and the Kim’s who are sat around the dining table.

 

 

                                                                          s30hyun_luvar

A/N

Sorry for notupdating i have been preoccupied :( 

but i made this chapter long ^^ enjoy!! Thank you for subscribing