Part 3

An Idol's Dream

The next morning I was trying to wake Montana to a realization of Baekhyun's presence.

"Montana?" I shoved her.

"Whaaattt?" She moaned out, pressed into the pillow.

"Ummm Montana?" I kept shoving her.

"Whhhatttt!" She moaned out.

"Don't move." I whispered in a rushed tone.

"Whhhyyyyy?" 

"Just don't... don't move." I repeated. She moved her leg and giggled a little, earning a smack from me, "Stop it!"

"Whattttt?" She growled and looked over at me with sleepy eyes.

I gave her a serious look, "He's on the bed."

"What?" She looked into my eyes in slight panic.

"He's laying in between us." I hissed.

"What?" 

Her eyes got even wider and she looked terrified. She turned her head down and looked between us, only to see Baekhyun, curled up into a little ball between our legs. He was sound asleep and it made me look at her in surprise

"Whoa..." She gasped.

"I don't know... He's been doing this recently..." I recalled the complaints Sehun always mumbled about Baekhyun climbing into his or Chanyeol's bed, cuddling up with them  and acting like it was normal.

"How'd he even get up here!" She whined breathlessly, "I mean you can't sleep walk up the fricken ladder!"

I thought about it too, wondering how he climbed up my ladder and into my bed. I looked out my window and saw that it was gloomy dark and rain was falling harshly. I remembered one time when I was sleeping I felt someone climb into my bed and found that it was Baekhyun. I yelled at him and asked what he was doing, turned out he had a small fear of thunder storms. It made me chuckle, he was scared so he climbed up into bed with us.

"He's like a dog, he doesn't like thunder storms." I explained to her.

"A-A-Alright..." Montana stuttered, not really knowing how to respond.

Montana and I sneakily climbed out of my bed, leaving Baekhyun to sleep. I covered up his shivering figure in a blanket and went downstairs with Montana. Our sleepy figures trudged into the kitchen with yawns and my bright and happy mother waiting to greet us.

"Hi girls!" She smiled brightly.

Montana moaned out groggily as soon as she heard that. Montana and I greeted her with hugs before sitting at a counter chair. Adrian and Kelsey came up only moments later and smiled at us.

"How'd you sleep?" Kelsey asked.

"We slept okay." I smiled softly.

"What do you mean?" Adrian asked skeptically.

I gave her a weird look, "We slept okay... right?" I turned to Montana and gave her a look that said 'Don't tell her anything'.

Montana nodded to them "Yep!"

"Yeah, we slept fine." I smiled.

"I'm going to make some bacon and eggs." My mother informed us and began making us some breakfast.

Not long after she started did Baekhyun walk downstairs with a yawn. He sat down next to me and smiled to everyone.

"Morning." He bowed his head to them.

"Hi." Everyone said in unison to the sleepy man.

My mom made the bacon and eggs and set a plate down for everyone. It smelled glorious and I nearly died. When Montana received her plate she said something that made us all freeze.

"I love bacon!" She exclaimed.

Since meeting Baekhyun she always called him "bacon" so we all looked at her questioningly. She looked up with a smile and then froze when she realized what she said. She turned to him desperately.

"No! I meant this bacon! But I love you to! Wait... That sounds really weird... I'm sorry!" She started to angrily whine.

It ended with her awkwardly laughing and putting some bacon in as if to silence herself.

"Uhhh... Alright... Thank you..." Bacon mumbled, "I don't understand half of what you said anyways..." He murmured and I chuckled.

My mom stopped laughing and leaned on the counter with a smile, "I'm glad you're home." She said to me. 

I smiled at her, "Me too momma."

"It might be a little chilly out, but if you want to take a walk on the beach you can." She nodded to me.

It was mid September, the wind starting to get a little chillier than before. Adrian and Kelsey had to go home after breakfast, their jobs calling for them to come in. I hugged them and said goodbye, Montana being the only one who could stay. She was off from the hospital today, so she didn't have to go home anytime soon. The two of us decided to take a walk. 

We headed down to the water and smiled to the soft sand under our feet. Montana and I were laughing and talking about old memories and things that we missed. Before we knew it we had walked about two miles and were almost to Duck Lake. Suddenly we saw my dog Fawnie running up to us and around us in mirth. I furrowed my brows and turned to see Baekhyun running to catch up to us, his distance about a half mile away.

What the heck? I thought he was right behind us...?

Montana and I looked between each other. We immediately thought that something was wrong, so we hurried to run to him. We met up with him and the three of us were slightly out of breath.

"Is everything okay? Why were you running out here?" I asked him.

"You parents went out to Sam's Club, I home alone, I no like." He had a hard time saying.

Montana and I giggled to his cute pronunciation, "It's okay Baekhyun." I smiled.

He turned to Montana, "Sorry for interrupt." 

"Oh it's fine!" Montana smiled at him, "You're cute, it's okay." She giggled.

We spent the rest of the day just chilling out together and having fun. Baekhyun had come to terms with his food name and responded to it, even when we were speaking of the food. I only got to spend two days home, but they were the best days spent with family I'd had in a long time. It was sad when we had to leave. Montana cried and hugged me tightly, not wanting to let go. I sighed and smiled telling her that I'll see her soon. I had already planned the whole begging process out. I was going to beg to Moa to let her get a ticket for my friend to fly out and see me. I was too excited to even think. My parents gave Baekhyun a hug goodbye and told him that they hoped to see him soon. Which he responded with "I hope too." It really was adorable how he responded in English. Baekhyun and I waved goodbye to my tearing up family and friend and boarded our plane. I fell asleep as soon as we were in the air and all that circled through my mind was the fact that I needed to face Kyungsoo... sooner than later.