Chapter 9

An Idol's Dream

I sat up in bed in the middle of the night, the thoughts of everything that had happened today wheeling through my mind. My back was cold and my arms had goose bumps. Payden lay with her back to me and she was fast asleep. I curled my knees up to my chest and held them to me tightly. I tried to decipher what Chanyeol had said. I tried to figure out why it was so similar to what Luhan and Lay said. I closed my eyes and tried to remember every word of Chanyeol and my conversation.

       *  *  *    

We all came home from the movies and Luhan said goodnight to us before heading downstairs for bed. I took the girls upstairs and helped them get ready for bed. I said goodnight to them, closing their door. Payden was in my room already, probably getting dressed in her pajamas. Normally Payden and I would play Halo until late at night in the basement, but the boys presence kept us to the region of upstairs. I sighed and rested my head against the guest room door.

I shouldn't have even done that to Luhan. I hope he doesn't want to pretend to date me... It would cause too many problems for both of us.

I took in a deep breath and turned around, about to head back into my room. I stopped when I heard someone's footsteps heading upstairs. I poked my head around the corner and saw Chanyeol walking up the stairs. He was holding his cell phone, the light on to direct his way. Once he got to the top of the stairs he looked around. There were several doors to choose from on the second floor and he obviously didn't know which one to choose. I giggled a little to myself and stepped out from behind the wall.

"Chanyeol-ah." I smiled and waved.

He jumped and turned to look in my direction, aiming his very bright light at me. The light had a blue tint to it and it blinded me for a moment. I closed my eyes and held my hand over the direction of the light.

"Ah, Rachel." I heard him mumble.

Suddenly the light was turned off and my vision slowly came back. I blinked several times and rubbed one of my eyes to clear it faster.

"Hi Chanyeol." I mumbled as my vision returned.

"Sorry, did I blind you?" He came over and placed a hand on my shoulder as he looked into my eyes.

"I can see you fine, so I think I'm okay now." I smiled to him.

"That's good," He smiled brightly, his teeth so white that they almost glowed in the dark, "Can we talk now? Or would you rather do it later?" He asked.

"We can do it now," I smiled, "Let me go tell my niece to go to bed without me."

"Oh, alright." He nodded.

I hurried to my bedroom door and opened it, sticking my head in. Payden was sitting in one of my comfy chairs on her phone.

"One of the boys are asking to talk to me, go ahead and go to bed, I'll be back in a bit." I informed her.

"Oh okay, I'll sit up in bed then." She nodded.

"I'll be back." I nodded to her before closing the door.

I went back to Chanyeol, who's stance was a little strange. He was wearing plain grey sweat pants and a light blue zip up sweater over a white t-shirt. His fingers were intertwined and he had his arms stretched down as far as they could go. His right foot was further forward than the left one and his toes were raised. He absently looked around, a peaceful look on his face. I slowly approached him and waited for him to notice me. He had his head turned and he gradually turned his head my way, jumping when he saw me.

"Oh! Omo! Ohhh!" He gasped loudly in his deep voice.

His reaction made me laugh heartily, my stomach cramping. He smiled happily at me and laughed a little himself. I shook my head a little, knowing how loud my laughter probably was. I headed to the stairs that led to the third level and turned, beckoning Chanyeol to follow. He nodded with a smile and hurried after me, following me up the carpeted stairs. We made it to the level and the cold tile made me shiver and jump a little in place. Goose bumps formed on my arms as I the lights for the small sitting area. I hurried over to the blue couch that covered the majority of the room and I jumped onto it, trying to get away from the floor. I grabbed one of the comfy blankets off the back of the couch and draped part of it over my cold feet. Chanyeol walked around the coffee table and sat next to me. I offered part of the blanket and he joined me underneath it comfortably. We sat there in silence for a moment before Chanyeol took in a deep breath, ready to speak.

"Whatever I'm going to say I would like you to think about it for a bit before giving me a straight up answer." He looked at me seriously.

I wonder if something's wrong...

"I will, especially since you asked Chanyeol oppa." I smiled.

He smiled a little and looked into my eyes thoughtfully, "You always know how to make me smile, and you are always a joy to be around."

"Why thank you." I smiled and lightly bowed in my seat.

"My point is..." He gulped a little, "Will you continue to make me smile?" He asked.

"Of course I will, we're going to see each other more often so I will-" I began but was cut off.

"Not as friends." He looked at me hopefully.

"Not as friends? Then as what?" I asked, having an idea of what he meant.

He just stared at me for a moment, "After I say this I'm going to go back down to bed and I want you to get some sleep as well, just... don't say anything."

"A-Alright..." I nodded.

"I think I want to steal you away Rachel. Steal you for myself." The serious look in his eyes made me know he wasn't joking in any way.

I stayed silent as he had asked and just stared at him in wonder. The first thing I wanted to say was 'Then take me away,' but I knew that I would regret saying something like that. Chanyeol was right, I need to think this through before answering him. He looked down for a sec before standing, about to leave. He looked to the stairs and then back at me. My eyes were glued to his figure, stuck to his tall form. He suddenly turned to face me and he took in a deep breath, closing his eyes tightly. He opened them quickly and leaned down and kissed my cheek, hurrying down the stairs afterward. It happened so fast that all I could do was sit there in shock. The spot where his lips had lightly pecked was burning with passion. I blinked several times, seeing if that would wake me from this dream. I felt my face heat and a smile start to creep up my face. I placed a hand over it, knowing that it was a smile to be hidden. I was happy he had asked such a question and showed his real feelings, it made me ecstatic. I wanted to run after him, immediately say 'yes', but I knew that I needed to think about it. My feelings right now could be based off the heat of the moment.

I walked into my room slowly, still smirking. Payden was barely awake as she looked at her phone up in bed.

"Oh, you're back. Your phone went off a couple times." She informed me.

"Thanks." I smiled and nearly skipped over to my phone.

I opened the text messages I got from an old friend, Jeanelle.

"I heard you are in town! Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" The first text read.

"And when I say hang out you know I mean go to Sam's Club and get mentos, right?" The second text read.

I texted her back, "I would love to! I'll come pick you up at around noon, is that alright?"

I climbed into bed and got a response, "Sounds good!"

"How did your talk go?" Payden asked.

"Good." I smiled.

"That's good," She laid down, "Sleep well Rachie..." She groggily moaned.

"Goodnight sweetie." I mumbled back.

    *       *       *  

I sat in bed, a hand to the cheek he had kissed. My once 'yes' answer had turned into a 'maybe it would be right'. I wasn't too sure that his "offer" was even something I could answer to. He wants to steal me away, a 'yes' or 'no' response won't really cover it. After thinking about it I wondered what the other members would have thought.

"Then I shall steal you away some day."

Lay's earlier words rang in my ears like a bell.

Wasn't he just joking?

I tried to remember his facial expression, but came up blank. Instead of what he had been expressing earlier I saw a barrage of his usual facial expressions, not one sticking to the situation. I laid back down, hoping to fall asleep. I hit 'play' on my ihome, listening to soft music that helped put me to sleep. As I drifted off I heard "Miracles in December" come on and I felt my heart ease to the beautiful notes.

    *  *  *    

I awoke and Payden still lay in bed, tangled in the sheets. I looked over at the time to see it to be 9 o'clock. I carefully climbed out of bed, taking my ipod and cell phone with me. I tried my best to be quiet as I grabbed my clothes and undergarments. I noticed a bag sitting outside my room with my name on it. I curiously opened it with one hand and found several necklaces inside. I went into my bathroom and the shower, letting it heat up. I exited the bathroom and saw my mom walking from her room, about to go downstairs.

"Umma." I mumbled and quickly approached her.

"Hmm?" She turned and looked at me with a smile, "Good morning sweetie."

"Morning umma. I'm going to go pick Jeanelle up at noon, is it okay if I take your car?" I asked.

"Sure, are you going to take the boys with you?"

"No, I'd rather they not know until I get back, but I'll leave Baekhyun a note just in case."

"Alright, go ahead and take the keys from my purse and tell me when you're about to leave. Also, don't stay out too long, I know the girls want to spend a lot of time with you." She gave me a serious look.

"Don't worry, I'll come back in an hour or two." I smiled.

"Okay, then you better hurry." She pat my head before going back downstairs.

I went back to the bag full of necklaces and took them all out, setting them on my clothes. I was going to wear all of them today. A small note attached to the bag said 'Merry Christmas Rachel! ~EXO' in Korean. Several of the necklaces were a beautiful silver or gold. The other were multi colored or decorated with feathers. I nodded to myself with a smile and hurried into the bathroom, setting the shower at the right temperature as I undressed. I took a fairly quick shower, one that left the air outside of the tiled shower cold. I shivered a little and wrapped a towel around myself. I went into the first part of the bathroom, where my clothes sat neatly on my counter. I put on my two main undergarments and then I slipped on a pair of jeans. The jeans were dark with a couple of tan spots; one of the rear pockets was knitted green and it added character. I reached for my tank top, only to see that I had forgotten it. I growled a little and grabbed my towel, holding it in front of my chest. I opened my bathroom door and felt cold air hit my wet hair in an ice shivering breeze. I hurried into my room and picked up the fallen tank top. I slipped it on and covered my bra in a hurry. I looked up at the bed and saw Payden still soundly sleeping. I went into the bathroom and finished getting ready. Once I was ready I checked the time and saw that it was eleven. I went into my room and took out a sticky note and sharpie. I wrote Payden a quick note and wrote one for Baekhyun.

"Going out to hang with a friend at Sam's Club. Text or call me if you need anything." Both the notes read, one in English, the other in Korean.

I stuck the one for Payden on her phone and I took the one for Baekhyun downstairs with me. I opened the basement door and stuck it at eye level on the door with Baekhyun's name on it. I grabbed my jacket and put it on before grabbing mom's keys and Sam's Club membership.

"Mom! I'm leaving!" I yelled up to her.

"Alright! Be safe!" She yelled back.

I went out to the car and knew I was going to be early, so I texted Jeanelle.

"I'm going to be a little early, can you watch for when I pull up?" I texted.

I pulled the car out of the garage and down the driveway when she responded, "Sure, I got ready a little early anyways :)"

I smiled and pulled onto the street, making my way slowly to her house. Her house was not too far from my own, about a 10 minute drive. When that ten minutes were up I parked across the street from her home. The normally dirt driveway was piled high with snow. Her house had a small outward appearance, its worn down wood giving it a rustic look. Her large wooden door was patched with flame duct tape, it was the same as when we were in high school. Her house was worn down and looked as though it could be found in the middle of the woods. But to her and her family it was home. Within seconds she exited the house, hurrying through the knee high snow. Jeanelle was a friend of mine I had made during High School Freshman year. She was a year older, but at heart she was still a young child. She is five feet tall and she hates when people talk about her height. She climbs into the car with a smile.

"Hey!" She giggled and reached across the seat to hug me.

I hugged her back, "It's been too long!" I laughed.

Her long brown hair was pulled up into a ponytail and her face was clear of blemishes. She had put on some jeans and a sweater, and she did her makeup nicely.

"Have you eaten anything yet?" She asked.

"No, have you?" I asked as I started out down the road.

"Nah, do you want to get something from Brooklyn Bagels?" he asked excitedly.

"Sure!" I smiled and to the main road.

In minutes we turned into Brooklyn Bagels and walked in to the delicious smelling restaurant. We both ordered bagels with cream cheese and sat in a window seat.

"So have you finally gotten a boyfriend yet?" She asked.

"It's only been like 3 months, how could I already have a boyfriend?" I laughed around a mouth full.

"I don't know, I thought that for once you actually broke your 'never having a boyfriend' curse." She smirked and took a bite.

"Well I don't know, I have a lot of male friends, but it would be difficult for both of us if we were to date, so I don't think we will." I told her, hoping it would satisfy her.

"I see, so then when are you going to debut?" She asked, changing the obviously awkward subject.

"In a couple months." I nodded to her.

"Can I get a preview?" She smiled brightly.

"Nope, I could get in trouble if I tell you anything." I lied.

"I can tell you're lying, just spill it already." She gave me a serious look.

"Alright, when we get in the car I'll sing the chorus of my new song that the company hopes will be at number one." I took the last bite of my bagel.

"Alright." She smiled brightly and finished off her bagel.

We paid and got into the car, heading off to Sam's club. I sang her the chorus of my main song called "No Where". After I was done she clapped.

"How was it?" I asked.

"It was really pretty and upbeat! I loved it!" She patted my shoulder.

I smiled and drove onto the expressway, heading off to Sam's Club.

    *  *  *    

Jeanelle and I had come to Sam's club to stock up on Mento's, which we would spend the next 2 hours sitting at her house or in the car, eating them all. It was a memory snack for us and right now we were shopping, looking for them. I had left early so the boys wouldn't know, only leaving Baekhyun a note to tell everyone else. I felt somewhat nervous to them being at my house, but the planes back are under strict orders not to move because of the bad storm out by California. None of my friends needed to know that I had EXO staying at my house. Jeanelle and I had catching up to do and so we were on a mission to find the Mento's. I saw the aisle with the name "Candy" on it and I acted like a secret agent and slid around the toilet paper and looked around before running to the candy aisle and beckoning Jeanelle in. She giggled and rushed to my side. We began laughing heartedly and grabbed a box or two of the minty candy.

We began roaming Sam's club, just chilling and talking about my new job. She got a text from one of our friends and had her head in her phone. I absently looked around and looked down a certain aisle and saw a group of 12 that weren't supposed to be there. My mind went blank and I felt my eye twitch in anger.

Why the hell are they here?!

They were all in casual jeans and sweaters. The hats they all had on I immediately recognized were from my hat box in my room. They all were disguising their faces, but it was still obvious that it was them. I face palmed and pushed Jeanelle quickly away from that aisle.

"I need to grab something for Jill." She sighed and looked at the aisle names.

"What do you need to get her?" I asked, hoping it wasn't any gum or deodorant.

"She wants a certain type of gum." She sighed and began heading back to that aisle.

God damn it...

I began to panic, "Why don't we get it on our way out?" I said nervously.

"But we WE'RE on our way out." She looked at me skeptically.

"Alright, let me get it, what exactly did she want?" I held out a hand in a 'stay' motion as I walked to the aisle.

"It'll be easier for me to just get it." She sighed and neared the aisle.

I looked down it and saw the boys look over at me and wave.

...

I hid my arm around the corner and signaled them to leave while Jeanelle looked at me oddly. I looked back and saw Sehun and Suho pushing everyone out of the aisle in a hurry.

"What are you looking at?" Jeanelle asked as she looked down the aisle.

"I was looking at..." I looked in the same direction and saw a pack of bubble gum with bright colors, "... I was looking at this gum." I jogged over to it and showed it off as if it were a new car.

Jeanelle laughed and grabbed a box. We joked around and headed to check out. As our items were being scanned I absently looked around. I instinctively was looking for the group and touching the necklaces I had.

"I forgot to ask... Why the hell do you have a tornado of necklaces on?" She stared at the barrage intently.

"They were Christmas presents, I wanted to wear them all." I smiled and  looked down at them happily.

"I see..." She looked away awkwardly.

"Jeanelle?" A familiar male voice echoed from behind us.

Why?!

We both turned to see someone we had gone to school with. He obviously didn't see the glare on my face.

"Hey Drew." Jeanelle's smile was a little strained.

Drew was someone I had completely despised through my High School years and he annoyed me to no end. Jeanelle was okay talking with him, but at the moment it was obvious she'd rather not.

Drew finally noticed me and sneered, "Why are you two hanging together?"

"Tch!" I scowled and looked away.

"Hey, I asked a question." He growled at me.

"Leave me alone you bastard." I growled in Korean.

"What the hell did she just say?" Drew looked to Jeanelle.

Jeanelle looked at me with worry, "She said we are hanging out to catch up, cause we haven't seen each other for a long time."

"I doubt that's what she said." He glared.

I looked off and paid for the candy and gum. I stuck the items in the bag I had brought with me and looked to Jeanelle as she listened to Drew blab on.

"Jeanelle lets go." I hissed and grabbed her sleeve.

"Hey," Drew grabbed my arm and made me let go of her, I cringed away from his touch, "I'm in the middle of a conversation here."

"It's not a conversation if the other isn't talking." I growled.

We had migrated away from crowds and he obviously didn't care if anyone were to walk past. Drew had a crush on Jeanelle and it was apparent since my Junior year. But the feelings weren't returned.

"I think you need to leave and stop talking you little ." Drew growled to me.

It was obvious the medically induced boy had not taken his pills today.

"I think you need to stop talking to Jeanelle," I growled and set my bag down, getting into my angry stance, "Let me spell this out for you, Jeanelle does NOT like you." I spoke each word slowly.

"What the hell do you know?" He growled and grabbed my collar.

"Drew!" Jeanelle grabbed his arm and tried to pull him away.

"I know that you need to take a ing shower and pop some god damn breath mints in." I hissed.

His anger grew and I saw his hand clench into a fist and pull back to punch me. I felt myself being lifted off the ground, my feet dangling. Suddenly a hand was on Drew's arm and he looked up. I looked over and widened my eyes. Chanyeol was standing there squarely, his normally happy face marked with a deep scowl. Drew released me and looked to the taller man angrily. I landed on my and immediately scraped my elbow. Behind Chanyeol was Kris and Tao.

You're screwed.

Chanyeol looked intent on breaking his arm off.

"Who the hell are you?!" Drew growled and ripped his arm away.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol's face softened as he looked to me.

"I'm okay." I nodded.

"I let him talk." Chanyeol spat and pointed at Kris.

Kris stepped forward and Chanyeol came running to my side. Jeanelle came with him and the two of them helped me up.

"You see this kid? He knows Kung Fu and if you dare lay a hand on her one more time I will make him beat you within an inch of your life." Kris threatened.

"He hasn't taken his pills today." I explained to them.

Tao nodded, "Go take medicine."

"He's right, go take your pills before something bad happens." Kris nodded and beckoned us over.

Tao picked up my grocery bag and walked us out. I looked back and saw the whole pack of 12 swarm around us and follow us out. Drew was left there dumbfounded and angry. My elbow began to sting and I held my other hand to it as the boys escorted us to the car. Jeanelle just blankly looked at them in wonder.

"Who are these guys Rachel?" Jeanelle asked in a whisper.

"These are my friends from Korea, this is that band I always talked about in High School, EXO." I whispered back.

"This is them? They are hot." She whispered with a smirk.

"Oh shut up." I giggled.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun quickly hugged me.

"I'm okay oppa." I smiled to him kindly.

He pulled back and searched my face for any sign of injury.

"Why are you holding your arm?" Suho came over to me and gently removed my hand.

"My arm stung a little, but it's no big deal." I mumbled.

"You're bleeding..." Sehun mumbled.

"Rachel, your hand is all bloody... are you okay?" Jeanelle asked in a panic.

"Don't worry." I smiled to her.

"Why are you always getting hurt around us." Lay sighed and pulled a band-aid out of his pocket, quickly opening it.

"I guess you really are the healing unicorn, huh?" I joked.

He laughed a little and took a napkin that Tao was handing him, wiping the wound. After he wiped it down he quickly put the band-aid on. After he pressed the band-aid on and relished in the beauty of his work, my phone went off. I pulled it out and saw that it was Moa calling. I quickly answered.

"Hi Moa." I mumbled.

"The planes are back up, I need you to leave tomorrow." She spoke seriously.

"Alright, are you going to email the ticket to me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll email them, don't worry." She sighed, sounding relieved.

"Thanks Moa." I thanked her.

"Oh yeah... I have your debut date. When you get back we need to do the final recording for your CD and music video. Then you will debut on February 10th." She informed me.

"That's great!" I smiled.

"But there's one more thing..." She sounded almost saddened.

"What?"

"After this debut we are considering on having you grow your hair out so you look more feminine." Her tone sounded almost grave to the sudden news.

"But... can't you just dress me more like it? Why my hair? I like my hair." I mumbled.

"I know, your hair is what gave you a lot of fans to be honest. It's just an idea, we might not actually do it." She gave me that little note of hope.

"I hope so."

"Well I have to go, I'll email you your ticket." She spoke quickly.

"Thank you Moa." I replied quickly.

She hung up after that.

"Who was that?" Jeanelle asked.

"That was my manager, I'm going home tomorrow." I looked at the pavement in a daze.

"Aww... I didn't get to spend too much time with you..." She sighed sadly.

"What's going on?" Xiumin asked.

"I'm going back tomorrow." I told them.

They all looked between each other. Suho pulled out his phone and began texting someone and the rest of them mumbled to each other in hushed tones. Jeanelle and I looked between each other and sighed. I went over to Tao and took my groceries from him.

"Thank you... for what happened back there." I smiled to him and pat his shoulder.

"No problem..." He mumbled, a slow scarlet crept up his neck.

I went back over to Jeanelle and handed her the small bag, "Go ahead and get in the car, I'll ask them to go home." I smiled to her.

"Oh... Alright." She mumbled and looked back at us several times as she climbed into the passenger seat of the car.

Once the door closed I turned and looked at all of them with a hard stare.

"Rachel...?" Baekhyun put his hands up in an automatic defeat.

"What were you guys thinking?! Why would you come out here?!" I growled at them and punched each of their arms like a domino's game.

They all hissed and grabbed the part I "injured".

"We just wanted to come see you..." Luhan mumbled.

"I left Baekhyun a note specifically telling you guys to call me if you needed anything."  I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

They all looked down a little as if they were abused puppies. I closed my eyes and took in a big breath, trying to calm down my angry spirit.

"We're sorry." Kai mumbled a little angrily.

"Alright, but I guess if it weren't for you guys I would have gotten punched back there." I rubbed my hand nervously across the back of my neck. I saw all of them look up at each other and transfer several shocked glances. I took in a deep breath and bowed respectively, "Thank you!"

Suho came up to me and made me straighten before giving me a hug, "We were worried about you."

I was plainly surprised to the affection that Suho was showing me. I cautiously wrapped my arms around his long torso, hugging him back.

"Thank you Suho oppa." I mumbled.

"You don't need to be awkward around me, I'm different from the rest of them." He quietly laughed into my ear.

It made me giggle a little, "Thank you Suho-ah." I patted his back softly.

He pulled back and gave everyone a look, "Let's go back so that she can spend some time with her friend."

"Yes..." They all mumbled at different times.

I sighed and smiled to them, "Don't worry, I'll be heading back soon."

"See you at home!" Kyungsoo waved to me as they walked to what looked like my dad's cars.

I took in a deep breath and got into the car.

"Well that was a little awkward, huh?" Jeanelle asked skeptically.

"Yeah.... I'm so sorry! They weren't supposed to be here! I told them to stay at the house." I mumbled.

"It's okay, but now I'm assuming we can't spend time talking here can we?" She mumbled.

"Probably not, but we can do it on the way back." I smiled hopefully.

"Sure, and we can eat Mento's on the way too!" She giggled and ripped open the packages.

The two of us had funny conversations, yelling competitions and funny face offs. Overall we had more fun while I was driving than we would have if I was parked. I neared her house, finishing my eighth pack of Mento's.  I told her to take the rest home and not to give me any because I would go on a sugar high. She hugged me and we said our goodbye's before I went on my way. The short drive home made me miss my old town. The constant smell of rain, the beautiful green of the tree's, well not right now. The rickety old houses always nearby, the man made mailboxes and makeshift stands or sheds always present. The laughter of kids on a hot summer day, running to the beach. The idea that Montana and I would someday get a summer boyfriend, or any boyfriend. All the memories of my siblings remaining in this old town. I felt my body relax and my mind get heavy with the weight of memories. I sighed and pulled into my driveway, going up its ice covered surface slowly. I grabbed my purse and opened the car door, standing out on the ice, looking down into our pond. The soft pitter - patter of the waterfall making me smile. I remembered the summers when mom, dad, and I would drain the pond to clean it out. I was always in charge of catching the massive Koi fish and placing them in large containers. Mom would clean out the pond, scrapping the green moss off every rock diligently. The neighbors next door, who rarely came to their house, would bring their grandchildren over to touch the fish. Fawn would frolic and try to get me to chase her by nipping at my or my hand.

Now the pond was frozen over and all I could do was stare at the ice and small patch of open water. All those winter days as a teenager, coming home from school and immediately making a hole in the pond for the fish. Trying my best not to fall in, trying to not slip on the ice as I walked away with the pointed shovel. All the time I had spent out here would never be forgotten. All the times I've spent with my friends out here, they will never be forgotten.

"Rachel!" Payden yelled from the inside garage door.

I turned and looked at her. Only her head was peeking out of the white door, her hands holding her to the side of the wall.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"Dinners almost ready! Grandma wants you to stop daydreaming and come help set the table!" She yells back before quickly closing the door behind her.

I stare at the spot she was just at for a moment and then smiled a little, carefully making me way over to the door. I closed the garage and entered the wonderful smelling house. I could hear the light chatter of the boys, I could hear the small arguments being passed between the girls. I could hear the laughter and the irritation, I could smell the food and the cologne left behind the twelve males. The sensation of the household told my heart I was home, that this was the place I wanted to return to. I placed a hand over my heart and closed my eyes, smiling to how fortunate I was. I opened my eyes and placed my hand back at my side, entering the kitchen. I went straight for the utensils drawer and I heard the talking die off as I entered the atmosphere. I grabbed the right amount of forks and knives and I looked up at everyone. I stared into the eyes of each person, taking in their emotions. After a moment I realized they were all looking to me in wonder.

"What?" I asked, looking around in confusion.

"You seem... pleased about something." My mom chuckled a little, her eyes being the only ones not pointed at me.

"Pleased?" I turned to her, "About what?"

"You seem really happy." Savannah smiled to me.

"Happy?" I bobbed my head forward in surprise, "I'm always happy around you guys." I smiled kindly to her, giving her my 'Aunt Rachie' smile.

"That's sweet of you, now go set the table Miss Happy Girl." My mom pat my before going back to the rice she was cooking.

"Aish..." I hissed under my breath and gave her a disapproving glance.

Ava and Savannah giggled to my look and I sighed, going over to the table. I placed each fork and knife squarely on the napkin set at each place. I made sure that everyone had a chair and I made sure that there was enough arm room for each person.

"Hey Rachie, when are you going back?" My mother asked as she finished cooking her famous 'butter rice'.

"Moa called me today..." I said a little sadly, almost too afraid to make eye contact with her, knowing what she might look like when I told her.

"And?" She questioned impatiently.

"She is going to send me my tickets tonight and I'm to leave tomorrow." I mumbled, taking a small glance up at my mom.

She seemed slightly surprised, then sad, then happy, her emotions reminding me of a circle, "Alright! Well then we should have as much fun as possible until you leave, how about a movie tonight and then we can play a board game." She spoke a little sadly, but it was covered by her happy tone.

"Alright, how about 'Logo' for the game?" I smiled.

"Sounds great." She smiled and rubbed my head.

I watched my mother retreat back into the kitchen and I looked down at my fingers in exhaustion.

Baekhyun came running over happily, "Can I help with anything?" He asked.

"Nope! But thanks for asking Baekhyun oppa." I smiled and rubbed his arm.

He looked a little saddened to the fact he couldn't help with anything, "Oh alright..."

"Well actually..." I smirked and stopped him in his tracks of leaving.

He turned to me with wide eyes and a small smile, "Yeah?"

"You could help me with something." I smiled and gave him a sideways look.

"What's that?"

"Could you get the board game 'Logo' out of the tall cabinet next to the fireplace?" I pointed to the large oak cabinet that was filled with games and movies.

"Sure!" He saluted me and went over to the cabinet, carefully opening its jammed doors.

Balancing gently atop the cabinet was a five foot handmade sailboat that was surrounded by blue glass vases. I watched Baekhyun cautiously watch the vases and sailboat as he pried the doors open. Everything wobbled and Baekhyun froze, preparing himself to catch anything if it fell. Thankfully nothing even came close. He grabbed the game out and placed it on the wooden living room table.

He came running again and smiled to me.

"Thanks!" I smiled to him.

"Anything else I can help with?" He asked hopefully.

Mom had positioned me in front of the cutting board and wanted me to cut garlic.

"You can sing to me to keep me distracted while I do this." I joked.

"Alright." He nodded and began singing 'What is Love' from their first debut.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

I was just joking oppa....

I chuckled a little to myself and didn't stop his little performance. He practically leaned against me while he sang quietly. I looked over at him occasionally to see his eyes closed, his whole mind focused on singing. No one else was paying attention to us and I took this opportunity to look at him in more detail. His eyeliner was soft, barely revealing itself. His hair had been straightened, but was still a little frizzy. His lips were a little plump and his teeth were very white while he sang. I smiled and finished chopping the garlic, handing the amount over to my mom. I went over to Baekhyun and placed a cold hand on his warm neck. He stopped singing and opened his eyes, flinching away from my hand.

"I'm done, you can stop now." I giggled.

"Oh... alright." He smiled and leaned into my hand.

"Thank you Baekhyun." I started to pull my hand away.

He grabbed it fiercely and held it to his cheek, closing his eyes, "Your hand is cold, let me make it warm."

The broad show of affection made me stare at him in shock.

Is oppa feeling alright?

He opened his eyes and looked at me, "Was that too cheesy?" He chuckled a little, his ears turning pink.

I laughed, "You were not cheesy, just sweet."

He stared at me a moment, passion flaring into his eyes, a feeling of affection radiating off him.

"When we go back, I can't be near you like this..." He mumbled.

"Just come over whenever you want, I'll be there most of the time." I smiled to him and placed my other hand on his arm, "Remember that I haven't debuted yet, meaning I'm home a lot more than you guys."

"Right..." He released my hand and looked at me thoughtfully, he smiled a little and leaned in, "The hard part is going to see you when your roommates aren't home."

I laughed and whispered back, "Come either way, I have a room if we really need to talk in private. I can show you some music I'm working on and stuff."

He smiled and I could just see the excitement in his eyes. His ears turned pink again and his smile became goofy as he thought on it more.

"I'll be the first to hear this music?" He asked after a bit of thinking.

I thought on it for a moment. No one else even came into my room for a long period of time, everything in there being a secret to the outside world. I had written several songs that I hoped to keep secret until I was ready. I looked back at him and smiled.

"Yep, you would be the first."

His smile peaked to the happiest I had ever seen him. I still remembered the days when I would look at a poster of them and hoped and dreamed that one of them would smile like this at me. I felt my heart flutter and my emotions get a little silly.

This really is my life now. I'm living the dream of a fan.

"Baekhyun, what are you doing?" Tao jogged over and draped an arm around the pinking man.

I laughed and took the knife to the sink, washing it off.

"Dinner's ready!" My mother yelled.

All the boys looked up in confusion.

"Dinner's ready." I repeated my mother.

They all nodded in acknowledgment and headed over to their spots. I was sitting at the counter with basically all of EXO-K, with the exception of Luhan and Payden. The group of seven were sitting patiently for food to be served. I had already explained to them that in America we don't eat a lot to a meal like they do. We get a main dish, side dish, and accessory dish. The main dish was a bowl of warm chili, the side dish being rice and green beans, and the accessory dish being garlic bread. Even this much seemed a lot in my household. We all silently ate and after a couple bites of the chili I slunk over to the spice cabinet. I pulled out some hot sauce and violently sprinkled a lot of it into my meal. Luhan stared at me with questioning eyes.

"What are you doing?" He questioned.

"This is hot sauce, I like my meals spicy sometimes. Especially my Chili." I smiled and sat down, the hot sauce close at hand.

"This is really good, can your mother give me the recipe?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Hold on, let me ask," I turned in my chair and looked at my mom, "Umma, D.O wants to have the recipe for this, is that alright?" I asked.

In the middle of a bite of chili she turned to me, "That's fine." She nodded as she quickly tried to swallow her food.

I smiled and turned back to Kyungsoo, everyone else anticipating my answer, "She says it's alright."

He smiled brightly and went back to eating.  I finished all my side dishes first, letting my hot sauce soak into the Chili. I saved my Chili for last and once I began eating it I noticed Kai looking to me. A look of wonder was in his eyes and he slowly chewed his meal.

Payden nudged me, "Is that guy staring at you or is he blankly staring off?" She whispered.

"I don't know, let me see." I leaned as far back in my chair as I could and noticed his eyes not following me.

Payden smiled, "Definitely blanked out."

"Yep." I giggled and continued a small conversation with her.

The two of us talked about my departure and where I was going to sit on the plane. We talked about how she should come visit me sometime and that I would help pay for her ticket out there. We laughed and reminded each other of the small little jokes that had been passed between us in several years past.

"Aunt Rachie?" A timid voice came from behind me.

I turned in my chair to see Savannah, her eyes staring at me intently.

"Yeah sweetie?" I asked and placed a hand on her head.

"That tall guy with the dark circles under his eyes said he knows Kung Fu." She spoke a little exasperatedly.

"Oh you mean Tao, yeah he knows Kung Fu." I looked over at the curious male slowly eating his food in wonder, "What about him?" I looked back to her innocent face.

"Do you think he could teach me something before you guys leave?" She asked hopefully.

"Well you'd have to ask him that honey." I smiled.

"But... I don't know him." She looked at me sadly.

"I'll come with you, but YOU have to ask him." I put all my emphasis on the word 'you'.

"Alright!" She smiled.

"Let's wait until after dinner though honey, let him eat." I pat her head.

"Okay." She nodded and slowly returned back to her seat at Ava and Tao's side.

I wonder if she likes him or just wants to learn Kung Fu?

I watched her for a moment and saw her cheeks pink every time he looked her way and her giggle about most of the things he said.

Yep, she likes him.

I laughed a little to myself as I turned back to my meal. We all ate through conversations and just enjoyed each other's company. I finished my meal and took it to the sink, washing my dishes out. I shifted from one foot to the other, my feet almost completely healed, but still a little raw. Payden joined me and began drying and putting away dishes. The two of us would flick water at each other, still somehow getting the job done. We laughed and dried our hands when we were done. I ruffled her hair and she whined because I messed up her 'luscious locks'. Her description of her own hair made me laugh even harder. The two of us went around and collected the dishes of people done eating. My mother thanked us for helping out and then returned to her conversation with Kris. I hummed to myself as I washed everyone's dirty dishes. When I was in the middle of someone's bowl I felt the weight of several heavy stares on me. I stopped washing the bowl and looked up to find the source. All the boys at the counter were staring at me in awe.

"What's wrong with them?" Payden whispered to me as she dried a plate.

"I don't know." I whispered back.

The two of us continued our job, cautiously. When we were done we sunk under the counter, whispering to each other.

"They looked so surprised, you know?" She mumbled.

"Yeah, I know, it shocked me a little to be honest." I shrugged to her.

"Do they normally stare at you like that?" She questioned.

"Not all the time, but sometimes I catch them doing that, why?"

"It just seemed more like they like you more than being surprised or whatever."

"Like me? Payden, they can't, even though it's possible to date in our line of work, it would just cause trouble for them if they liked me even." I explained.

"So..." She looked off and then jolted back, "Are they going to wait until your debut?"

The thought had never occurred to me that they might wait until I debuted to ask me anything of the sort. It could be a possibility, but I highly doubted it. Chanyeol, Lay, and Luhan's words from the past days seemed to strike me for this conversation.

Are they really going to wait until I debut before saying anything?

"I don't know... Some of them already got a head start..." I mumbled.

"Who?" She asked in shock.

"Chanyeol, Luhan, and Lay... They kinda already said some words directed in that manner." I mumbled.

She playfully, but roughly, punched my shoulder, "Rachie! Did they ask you out? Do you like them? How exactly did they say it?" She bombarded me with questions.

"Chanyeol and Luhan kind of asked me out, Lay more as hinted to it. I don't not like them if that's what you're asking..." I nodded and at the last question I thought back on the similar phrase Chanyeol and Lay had shared.

"How did they ask?! I remember Luhan's because I was there, but what about the others?" She shook me slightly.

"They both said something similar, it was 'I want to steal you away'." I whispered to her.

"Whoa..." Her eyes widened, "That's like the intense stuff you read in romantic novels!" She spoke exasperatedly.

I giggled, "It is isn't it?" I asked her happily.

"Whatcha talking about?" Ava knelt in front of us, making me jump.

"Omo!" I jumped back and hit my head on the counter, "Aishhh..." I hissed and tightly grabbed my head.

"Oh! Aunt Rachie I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Ava grabbed my wrist.

"I'm fine sweetie, you just surprised me, that's all..." I rubbed my now sore head.

"Jeez Ava!" Payden growled to her sister.

"Hey, be nice." I growled to Payden.

Payden glared at Ava a moment before angrily looking away. I smiled to Ava and reached a hand to her, indicating for her to take it. Her small palm grabbed mine and she walked over to me. I picked her up onto my back and stood, holding her tightly.

"Are you sure your heads okay Aunt Rachie?" She asked.

"Yeah sweetheart." I smiled to her over my shoulder.

"I feel bad..." She mumbled and placed her head on my shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, I hit my head all the time." I giggled to myself.

"Really?" She laughed a little to the thought.

"Yeah, like when I don't pay attention and lean back into something, that hurts sometimes. OR then there was the time when I was in school at my locker and I stuck my head it to help myself see something and banged my head on the top of the locker and got my hair caught in the hooks. Probably one of the most embarrassing things to ever happen to me..." I told her, trying to make her feel better with my misfortune.

"You're goofy Aunt Rachie." Ava laughed and began playing with my hair.

"I know sweetie, but I'm your Aunt, so you have to love me no matter what!" I giggled and bounced her along my back.

She laughed loudly, the loud laugh of a little girl you normally heard on commercials. As I was bouncing her around I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I stopped bouncing and pulled my phone out. I looked at it to see it was an email from Moa, my plane tickets attached.

"Print these off before you go!" Was her only message.

I stared at the screen a moment, still not feeling ready to go back. I put my phone back in my pocket and set Ava down.

"Go get Savannah for me for a sec." I kicked her and sent her to get her sister.

I quickly walked across the dining room into my dad's office, turning on the printer. I plugged my phone in and began printing off my tickets. Savannah came running with a smile.

"Hey Aunt Rachie, you needed me?" She asked.

"Yeah, if Tao is done we can go to ask him." I mumbled as I stapled the now printed sheets.

"I think he's done... Let me go look!" She nodded and ran back into the kitchen.

I turned off the printer and took my tickets into the kitchen, placing them under my wallet next to the stove. Savannah came running with a smile.

"I'm guessing he's done... let's go." I smiled and place my hand on the small of her back, ushering her forward.

"I'm nervous." She mumbles.

"Don't be, I'll translate." I explained.

We approached his seat and stood there a moment before he turned.

"Oh, hi." He jumped a little.

I gave Savannah and little nudge, telling her to ask.

"C-Could you t-teach me a little K-Kung Fu bef-fore you leave?" She stuttered.

Tao looked to me in confusion.

"She would like to learn some Kung Fu from you before we leave." I translated.

He seemed surprised and excited at the same time, "Sure! I would love to teach you." He smiled.

"He said he would love to teach you." I pet her head thoughtfully.

We moved our conversation to the top of the stairs, the area with the most space. It was carpeted and wide because of the balcony over the living room. Tao taught her some kicks and punches and small jumps that would keep her safe in case of a bully. He was very kind about it and taught her all kinds of things. When we were done she awkwardly hugged him and ran downstairs. He chuckled and turned to me.

"She is very talented." He smiled kindly.

"She was motivated as well, I guess that helps a little, right?" I smiled back.

"Of course."

"I always wanted to learn, ever since I was younger, I thought it was good in case I was ever attacked, but I never had the time to take lessons." I sighed, relishing back on my childhood.

"I could teach you." He mumbled.

He was completely serious and it made me giggle a little, "Really?"

He nodded and smiled, "You have my word."

We shook on it and then headed back downstairs. It was already late and I still needed to pack. The boys were all conversing at the counter. My mom was packing away leftovers and my dad was about to fall asleep in his chair. Ava and Savannah were looking at Payden's phone while she played a game. I went over to my mom, having her turn to me.

"You look tired sweetheart, you should get some rest." She hugged me.

I hugged her back, "I will after I pack a little, I need to get ready a little tonight. The flight is at noon tomorrow." I pulled back and smiled.

I wanted to look at my mom and take in everything about her. Her brown hair that has been dyed different shades and her soft brown eyes. She wore mascara and no eyeliner, but her foundation was just enough to be unnoticeable and to give her skin a slight glow. The kindness that filled her heart was apparent through her soft facial features and I knew that it would be a while before I saw them again. I felt a tear sneak past my eye. My mother looked a little shocked and saddened by it.

"What's wrong baby?" She lifted a finger and softly wiped it away.

"I'm gonna miss you momma." I looked at her with a sad smile and let more tears flow.

"I'm going to miss you too honey." She began to cry and pulled me in for another hug.

"I'll come back as soon as I can." I rubbed her back.

"I'll always be with you, don't forget that." She whispered.

"I know momma." I sighed into her, letting my chest fall.

We stood there a moment and then pulled back. My mother gave me a look that can only be described as unending love. She smiled a little and reached up, wiping my bangs back. I laughed a little and did the same to her. We began laughing together and dropped our arms, releasing each other. My dad came over and rubbed my mom's shoulders. He smiled to me and gathered me into a hug.

"I'm going to bed, I'll see you in the morning." He mumbled to me.

"Night dad." I mumbled back.

He pulled back and searched my face before placing a soft kiss on my forehead. He pat my shoulder and left the room, heading up the stairs slowly. Each step made the stairs creek from years of use. My mother pet my head and headed up behind him. I stared after her and watched her round the corner into the dining room and disappear. I stared into the dark dining room, seeing her figure rounding that corner over and over. I remember seeing the same scene over and over from the years I grew up here. I turned and saw Payden approach me with sleepy eyes.

"Can we got to bed?" She mumbled.

"Yeah, let's go." I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her against me.

Ava and Savannah followed their sleepy sister and approached me.

"I'm tired aunt Rachie." Savannah yawned.

"I know honey." I rubbed her head.

"Can we go up?" Ava asked.

I nodded and turned to the boys who were still quietly conversing.

"We are going to go to bed, good night. I will wake you in the morning." I spoke loud enough to catch their attention, then I directed the girls upstairs.

We went up the stairs quietly and slowly, getting even more tired by the second. I sent Payden into my room to get changed first while I took the girls into their room and helped them while they fell asleep trying to get their pants on. Once they were dressed I placed their small bodies into the beds and covered them warmly. I smiled to how fast they had drifted off. I went to the door and quietly closed it behind me.

"Night." I whispered into the door before turning and heading into my room.

Payden was passed out and sleeping with the lights on. I laughed a little at her and pulled out some of my clothes to be packed. I spent the next 2 hours packing my clothes and items to go back with me. I yawned a multitude of times during the short period and had grown a sore muscle in my legs from kneeling. I zipped up my bag and placed the clothes I would wear tomorrow on top of the blue luggage. I yawned and stretched my stiff arms, many crackles erupting from my back. I quickly changed into my pajamas and turned out the light, helping Kyung and Kai up into the bed before crawling into it myself. I laid there a moment and thought about how long it was going to take to get back to South Korea. Just the thought of the long trip and going back to a place where I didn't have any of my close friends made me growl. I knew I needed all my energy for tomorrow, so I went to sleep quickly.