Chapter 16

An Idol's Dream

I awoke to Baekhyun laying beside me, his hand holding mine as he slept softly. I gave out a small happy sigh as butterflies flew through my stomach, giving me a warming feeling next to Baekhyun. I slowly and gently slid out of his grasp and went to my closet, pulling out my clothes. I took my leave and went to the bathroom, turning on the shower. As I showered I began happily humming and smiling. I finished and got dressed and left the bathroom with a towel draped over my head. I started singing as I walked into the kitchen and found myself singing "The Last Time" a song about finally finding the one you love. 

"You seem chipper." Kai chuckled from the couch.

I jumped and turned to him in shock, "Don't scare me like that!"

"So what exactly happened last night? Baekhyun stay over?" He came into the kitchen and leaned on the counter as I made some eggs for Baekhyun and myself.

"Yeah." I mumbled, not really feeling like telling him more.

"Aw come on... What EXACTLY happened?" Kai put so much emphasis on the word exactly.

"Come on, you know nothing happened." Kyungsoo came around the corner.

"But I thought something did happen, that way I could tease Baekhyun." Kai whined.

"I can assure you, nothing happened." I sighed and slid the cooked eggs onto two plates.

I brought out two forks and tried to get two glasses of water with napkins. Kyungsoo, noticing my struggle came over and smiled at me, taking the items I couldn't carry.

"Come on, I'll help you." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back and headed up the stairs, his footsteps close on my heels.

We entered my room and Baekhyun had now taken up the whole bed in my absence. Kyungsoo helped me pull out a small table that would hold Baekhyun and my breakfast. I set the table up and left Kyungsoo to wake the soundly sleeping Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun-ah~!" Kyungsoo cooed to the sleeping man.

"No... Just five more minutes Rachel..." Baekhyun let out my name in a content whisper.

Kyungsoo and I sent a look to each other, which made us start giggling. As we laughed my phone suddenly went off. I rushed over to it and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Rachel." It was Lay's voice.

"Hey Lay, what's up?" I asked, walking back over and sitting next to Kyungsoo on the floor.

"We are all coming over,"  I could hear the smile in his tone, "Oh yeah! And Sehun is bringing Baekhyun some clothes to change into."

"Thanks Hyung!" I laughed into the phone.

"You know you should really say 'oppa' instead." Lay laughed.

"But that sounds weird..." I mumbled.

"Is D.O with you?" He randomly asked.

"Yeah, why?" I glanced at the curious owled eyed boy.

"When you tell him we're coming say 'Soo Oppa' at the end, I'll bet his cheeks get pink!" Chen butted into the phone.

"A-Alright, I'll tell you what happens."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." 

"What was that all about?" D.O asked, setting the forks down in their correct places.

"They all are coming over and are bringing clothes for Baekhyun..." I paused.

Well It's now or never!

"...Soo Oppa." I spoke the words so plainly I had wondered if he even had heard them.

The way his entire face turned a bright pink indicated to me that he most definitely heard them. I saw him swallow hard and his eyes close tightly before opening again. I chuckled and watched him try to take several deep and calming breaths. I heard the doorbell ring and I started to get up, only to get grabbed by Kyungsoo, his hand around my wrist. I looked down at him and saw him staring at me in wonder.

"Who... told you to say that?" He spoke in a mere whisper, as if speaking louder was too difficult. 

"Chen oppa... and Lay oppa." I mumbled. 

"No... Don't call them oppa." He pleaded slightly.

I widened my eyes and looked at him, "Alright..."

It felt weird saying it anyways.

"RACHEL~!" Tao's sweet voice filled the apartment and I couldn't help but laugh.

I pulled on Kyungsoo and he reluctantly released me.

"Can you wake Baekhyun?" I asked him kindly.

He nodded, barely being able to keep his eyes on me for longer than 5 seconds. I went to the door, looking back to him last second. He was roughly pushing Baekhyun around on the bed with his foot. I smiled softly as my heart thumped. God I liked Kyungsoo... a little more than the others, but I don't think I could let him know. Not yet.

I left the room and headed down the stairs, where Tao waited patiently. Once he saw me he enveloped me in a hug.

"Good morning to you too Tao." I giggled as he swung me around.

The other members began chuckling to my loud mirth. Tao swung me back and forth and laughed heartily against me. Once he put me down I was suddenly pulled into Chanyeol's arms. I felt myself tense slightly, but I didn't let him feel it. I loved Chanyeol, like a brother, but he liked me more, which I considered a little problem.

"Hi Chanyeol." I smiled up to him.

"Hey, what did Kyungsoo do after you called him oppa?" Chen came over, ignoring the fact that Chanyeol had his arms wrapped around me like we were more than friends. 

I began laughing as I remembered his look. 

"He blushed so hard I think I could match a tomato to his cheek." I laughed.

The members began laughing hard and soon we were joined by a still blushing D.O and a tired Baekhyun. The laughter roared to its height as everyone saw Kyungsoo's blushing face. After laughing, greeting everyone and talking about odd things, Suho decided to bring up the reason as to why they were here. 

"Well, we came here so that we could take you out to go shopping." He patted my shoulder to get my attention. 

"Shopping? For what?" I asked softly.

"We want to go to the mall and buy some new clothes!" Chen chirped in.

"New clothes?" I asked skeptically.

"Yeah! We have to keep up with the newest styles!" Tao smiled, Kris nodding in agreement.

"Alright, let me tell Moa." I pulled out my phone, only to have a smirking Xiumin take it.

"Already told her." Luhan smiled proudly.

"Oh really? What did she say?" I asked skeptically.

"Something about a curfew and not to let you get too tired, something like that." Sehun shrugged.

Suho smiled and pulled me out of Chanyeol's comforting hold, "Let's go get you dressed and head out."

Kai, Lay, and Sehun slightly protested as they watched Suho take me into my room alone. Suho closed the door and I turned and looked at him skeptically.

"Suho?" I questioned as he headed over to my closet, opening it and searching through his options.

"I want to talk to you real quick, but I'm also going to get out your clothes for today, because I feel like it." He murmured as he pulled out some pants and continued to search through my shirts.

I took a seat on the bed and watched him, "What do you need to talk about hyung?"

He had picked out a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans. Suho turned to me and delicately handed me the pants, giving me a soft look. 

"Love." He smiled so softly that my heart beat harder than it should've.

He quickly returned to my closet, looking over a nice white shirt.

"Love?" I looked at him oddly.

"What? Can I not talk of love?" He chuckled as he heard the suspicion in my tone.

"I'm not saying you can't... it's just... who's love are you talking about?" I mumbled as my fingers softly dug into the pants fabric.

Suho froze in his search and gave me a sideways look over his shoulder, "Mine."

He returned to deciding on a shirt. I watched him silently and waited for more to be spoken. He pulled out a plaid button up shirt and handed it to me, closing my closet and going over to my small shoe rack. He sat there and judged the multitude of shoes I owned.

"Are you in love Suho?" I asked softly.

His dancing hand froze in mid air and he looked over at me, "Desperately." 

To his response I froze a little, wondering who could capture Suho's heart so quickly. Suho, one of the sweeter men of EXO, had his eyes on someone, and I wanted to know who.

"Can you tell me who caught your heart hyung?" I whispered as if it were a secret.

He gave me a small smirk and put a 'shh' sign over his lips. That small action made me all the more interested. I took the clothes he gave me and went into the closet, trying to get dressed quickly in the cramped space.

"My confession is only for one person's ears, and I want to say 'I like you' to her face, so I have to wait." Suho continued the conversation as I wasn't in his sights.

I wonder what he has to wait for?

"Ah, so you haven't told her?"

"I will, don't worry."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm going to wait a minute or two, then say it properly." He mumbled.

As he spoke of a minute or two I assumed he had meant an hour or two, this generation was funny with time like that. I finally slipped my pants on and opened the door to find Suho sitting on my bed. I smiled at him and looked at the shoes he was handing me. They were vans that EXO had worn for their 'XOXO' class picture. I smiled and sat next to him, slipping them on. Once I was done I straightened and looked at Suho happily.

"All ready!" I smiled.

"Rachel." The way Suho spoke my name made me turn to him cautiously.

"Suho?" I asked.

Suho suddenly slipped his hand in mine and intertwined his fingers with mine, "I like you." His words took me by complete surprise and I didn't know what to do. Before I could even think of a response, he continued, "Can you be mine... for today?"

Just for today? Is this going to be like Luhan's one night date with me?

Suho was dead serious and I didn't know what to say to him. 

"Please." He pleaded slightly.

Seeing how much he wanted me to say yes, I just couldn't say no.

"Are you sure? Won't you... you know... want more than just one day?" I asked softly as my cheeks pinked.

JUST ONE DAY~!

"I think once I live my dream quickly for a day I will feel better." He smiled softly and squeezed my hand.

I closed my eyes tightly and took in a deep breath, "Alright."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes." I opened my eyes and nodded with a smile.

Without any words he enveloped me in a tight hug full of warmth and love.

"I have one rule though." I spoke into his ear as he hugged me.

He pulled back and smiled softly, "Anything."

"No kissing." I pouted out my lips and pointed to them.

Suho's cheeks pinked and I realized that kissing was far beyond his expectations. His reaction made me chuckle and I poked his forehead, making him focus on what I was going to say next.

"Let's get this over with? hmm?" I mumbled, knowing that he really wanted this and I didn't.

Suho... You're like my father, I don't think I can act loving to you.

His form drooped when he realized that I wanted it to be over as soon as possible.

"Right." He nodded solemnly.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to have your hopes high and let you think that after this we could be something." I told him honestly.

He nodded in an understanding way and stood turning to me with a helping hand, "Let's go, even though you probably don't want me to, I'm going to treat you like my very own queen today." 

I smiled to his kind heart and placed my hand in his, "Okay."

 


Okayyyyy! Hey my lovely dearest readers! So a little Suho action going on here! :) 

So I bought BTS's new "Dark and Wild" album yesterday and I LOVE IT!!! 

I'm obsessed with the song "Look here" more than "Danger". But when I listen to "Danger" while I'm walking I feel like a bad :)