Chapter 12

An Idol's Dream

Rachel P.O.V

I climbed the stairs to my room and almost collapsed when entering. Kai was taking a shower, I could tell from the loud thumps from him dancing happily inside. Kyungsoo had left a note saying he went out to get groceries with Luhan. I yawned and quickly changed into pajama pants and a tank top, getting ready to climb into bed. As I pulled back my blanket to climb into my welcoming bed I heard a door open downstairs.

"Kyungsoo-ah!" Kai yelled in a hurried tone.

With no answer since D.O was out, Kai kept yelling, his voice sounding more and more desperate. I sighed and went to my door, opening it and standing at the top of the stairs. Kai stood outside the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist, a well sculpted torso exposing itself. He was anxiously looking around for Kyungsoo. I stared at him a moment before composing my mind and heading down the stairs.

"Kai..." I yawned when I reached the bottom.

He turned to me in shock, "I didn't know you got home..." He mumbled, placing an arm over his chest, trying to cover himself.

Not only was he half , but he was still dripping wet from his shower and it sparked my inner ert. He was dripping with shower juices, his skin glistening. I cleared my throat and glued my eyes to his face, trying to stay strong.

"Not too long ago, but on another matter, what's wrong? Why are you yelling for D.O?" I yawned again.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He asked.

"No, I haven't gotten to bed yet."

"I just needed his help putting a band-aid on." He mumbled.

"Is it somewhere I can help?" I asked, hoping it wasn't near any of his lower extremities.

He nodded and turned his side to me, showing a small cut on his side, near his rib cage. A small amount of blood had joined with his wet skin and began trickling down his side. I looked at it in worry before hurrying into the bathroom, opening a drawer with band aids and first aid equipment. As I pulled the band aids out I noticed that Kai's clothes were openly sitting on the floor by the toilet. I saw his boxers and immediately felt a blush creep up my face.

I shouldn't have seen that!

I looked away and left the bathroom in a rush, hurrying back over to Kai. I pulled out a disinfectant wipe and began cautiously cleaning the wound. I looked to Kai's face to see his reaction, only seeing him wince slightly. I got out some scar ointment and painted it on softly. He hissed a little, but stayed still for me. I then brought out some band-aid paper and placed the small squares over the wound before taping them down with surgical tape. Once I was done I took the things back into the bathroom, ignoring his underwear this time, and washed my hands.

I went back over to Kai and smiled, "I think you should be good now, so go and dry off before you catch a cold."

He nodded and hurried into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I yawned and started up the stairs again, but Kai opened the bathroom door and yelled over to me, stopping me halfway up the stairs.

"That thing you did to my head on the plane..." He spoke nervously and gulped many times, "Will you do it again sometime?" He asked, looking to me hopefully.

"Sure, whenever you want just come on up and I'll do it while I work, k?" I smiled.

He nodded before closing the door again. I stood there a moment, waiting to see if he asked another question. Instead I heard him happily start singing. I laughed slightly and headed up to my room, sleep making my movements slow and groggy. I opened my door and closed it quickly, falling into my bed and starting fall asleep as Kyung and Kai crawled onto my back, cuddling and purring. I fell asleep so quickly that when I woke up I thought I was still dreaming.

    *  *  *    

Moa and I were in the car early in the morning  on our way to Big Hit Entertainment. I had chosen a black wife's beater that said "SIMPLICITY" in large white letters. I was wearing black work out pants that led into a white pair of converse. My heavy jacket was making me start sweating just from the heat of the car. I the air conditioning on my side and closed my eyes, enjoying the cool breeze on my face. I sat there for the rest of the way and felt sad when the car turned off and the breeze was gone. Even though my cold breeze was gone I was afraid to open the car door and brave the even colder air. I looked to see where the door to the stairs were and I scanned the cement, seeing where the easier and quickest route inside would be. Once I planned out my running route I opened the door and felt the ice cold air hit me aggressively. I slammed the car door and ran as fast I could into the building. I turned and looked out the doors glass to see Moa slowly walking up, her head covered by her scarf and jacket. Once she made it inside she smiled to me.

"You looked like an idiot running in here." She laughed.

"Sh-Shut up!" I hissed at her before hurrying up the stairs angrily.

"I wasn't trying to be mean, you were adorable." She hurried after me.

"Well... Well you looked like an old lady walking through the parking lot, so HA!" I attempted at getting back at her.

"I'm barely older than you!" She laughed.

"But you looked like one! You were walking so slow!" I joked.

"It was cold, I didn't want to slip on the ice." She explained.

"Surrreeee..." I strung out the word to add suspicion.

We entered the main area of the building where the manager of BTS was supposed to meet us, along with the group.

"Don't sass me, I'm your manager." She growled a little.

"Don't worry Moa, I'm too scared of you to actually defy you." I laughed.

The two of us continued our sisterly conversation until suddenly my name was yelled.

"Rachel!" Jungkook's familiar voice yelled from behind me.

I turned to see him running to me, the rest of BTS walking behind him with their manager. Jungkook was in a white t-shirt, black basketball shorts, and Vans. He smiled and waved to me as he approached me. I looked to Moa to see her looking at the boy suspiciously.

"You know him already?" She asked.

"Yeah, I met all of them when I went out shopping a while ago." I explained as I waved to them.

Jungkook stood before me and placed a hand on my shoulder, searching my face and smiling brightly. He chuckled and quickly hugged me tightly.

"Aigoo... are you getting taller?" He asked.

"I'm older than you, shouldn't I be talking to you that way?" I laughed and pushed him away.

"Hey, don't get cozy without us." Suga came up and pulled Jungkook out of the way and put an arm around me.

"Hey Suga." I smiled and patted his dangling hand by my shoulder.

The other members approached us and smiled to me. I looked around Suga to Moa, who had started talking with their manager.

"How was back home in the states?" Jungkook asked.

"I just got back here yesterday, but it was great, I got to see most of my family and friends."  I smiled.

"That's good!" Jimin laughed.

"We overheard a rumor that EXO left without telling anyone and went out to get you..." Jin mumbled.

"Well then that rumor would be true. I told them not to come, but they insisted." I explained.

"We could've come! We're not as busy as they are." V laughed.

"But in my eyes BTS is much busier, and your dances are harder! Took me about three months everyday just to learn No More Dream!" I smiled.

"Since you know it, we should dance someday." J-Hope smiled.

Moa cleared and tapped my shoulder, showing that my fun was over. I turned and looked at her to see her handing me a packet of papers.

"This is your schedule here, you are spending the whole day here, and you will not be leaving until eight at night. I want you to work the majority of the time, don't take too many breaks, but don't get too exhausted either. I have to go back to the company and help Suto with his paperwork, since he has now been put on secretary duty." She sighed as she explained what I was to do today.

"Alright, you are coming back to get me around eight?" I asked, while Suga's arm bent to keep me in his grasp.

"Hopefully, if not, you will need to get a taxi, here is some money." She handed me enough money to make it to the company and back.

"Thank you Moa, please be safe on your way home." I bowed to her.

I watched her retreating figure and felt a ping of worry, feeling as though she might not actually be able to come get me because of the company.

They really work her hard...

She was gone, but I still felt myself staring after her.

"Don't be worried, we aren't bad people." Rap Monster patted my shoulder.

I looked to him and smiled, "I know."

They all smiled to me, then turned to their manager, looking for instruction.

"Get to work, I'm leaving it to you guys, I'm going to do paperwork, if you need anything, come get me." He waved us off and left the lobby quietly.

I bowed to his retreating figure and turned back to the boys.

"Let's go." Jimin smiled.

The group led me into their dance studio and started teaching me the moves to their new song that I featured in. After dancing for a total of 5 hours I laid on the floor, collapsing from exhaustion. I had become covered in sweat and had gained sore muscles. The dance was intense, but it wasn't something I couldn't handle. I laid there and the boys sat in the stools in the corner of the room. I turned my head and looked at them, slowly catching my breath and trying to calm my racing heart. They were drinking water and also sweating profusely. Jin looked at me and smiled, walking over. He plopped himself down to lay next to me. He handed me his water with a smile.

"Thank you." I sat up and gently took the water from him.

He closed his eyes and stared up at the ceiling as I took several gulps of his water. I handed it back and he set it down next to him. I laid back down and placed both of my hands over my stomach, relaxing.

"What's it like?" He mumbled.

"Huh? What's what like?" I asked.

"The states... Are they as magnificent and free as everyone says they are." He looked to me with hope in his eyes.

"I guess, I mean you don't really have any restrictions on anything. Well there is the normal laws that everyone has to follow." I explained, not knowing how to explain it for him.

"Oh... So it's pretty nice out there." He sighed, almost sad at my response.

"You should go sometime, it's pretty fun." I smiled, trying to keep his hopes alive.

"Would you come along?" He looked to me seriously.

"Sure!" I smiled and leaned in closer, "I'll take any excuse to go back to the U.S." I whispered to him.

He laughed and closed his eyes, enjoying our break. I also closed my eyes and enjoyed the relaxation. I felt a overwhelming urge to sing and the song that came out was an older American song called "Paradise" by a group called Coldplay. As I sang I felt the air in the studio become still.

"This could be Para-Para-Paradise~!" I sang with so much emotion I felt tired when the song was over.

I sighed and smiled to myself as I let all my pent up singing out.

"I think I know that song..." Jimin mumbled.

"It's sounds like a good song." Suga smiled timidly.

"It's 'Paradise' by Coldplay." I opened my eyes and tilted my head back, staring at them.

We continued to talk about good American music and Jungkook brought screamo into the conversation and I explained to him how one of my friends back home really likes that genre as well. He smiled to me and asked what I thought of it.

"I don't hate it, it just scares me sometimes, but they have really good meanings." I explained, not really knowing what to say.

They all nodded to my response and then we checked the schedule to see where we were supposed to be now. We were supposed to go to a recording room and work with a music teacher for the song. We all stood and took our last sips of water before leaving. Jin let me take another gulp of his before him. We all walked down the hallway and entered the studio room and bowed and greeted the teacher. The teacher looked at me and smiled.

"I heard a track of your new song from your company, your voice is very beautiful." She smiled.

"Thank you." I bowed and smiled.

"Can we hear?" V asked.

"You will have to wait for it to come out." The music instructor told them sternly.

"Yes." They all spoke in unison.

"Let's get started now, shall we." The instructor smiled to me and handed out the papers to all of us.

The next two hours were spent learning the music and after that I was supposed to go home. We finished up and said goodbye to our instructor as we tiredly left her studio.

"Let's go home and get some rest." Jimin yawned.

"Do you need a ride Rachel?" J-Hope smiled.

"I can just grab a taxi, don't worry." I smiled.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook looked worried.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I smiled and said goodbye to them as I headed out the lobby doors.

I flagged down a taxi and opened the door, climbing in. Right as I was about to close the door someone grabbed it and climbed in next to me. I looked to him in shock as V had come along. He smiled to me.

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked.

"SM Entertainment building please." V told him.

The driver carefully took off and I just sat there, staring at V incredulously. He looked at me and smiled again.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I was too worried to let you go alone." He nodded.

"Taehyung!" I hissed his real name.

"What?!" He hissed back.

"Did you tell the members you were coming with me?" I asked, knowing he probably hadn't.

"I knew I was forgetting something..." He played his fingers on his bottom lip.

"Taehyung!" I hissed again.

"I was just kidding!" He put his hands up in defeat.

I sighed and looked out the window. He nudged my leg with his and I nudged back. This action turned into a game and we kept pushing against each other with our legs. At some point we had started laughing and pushing each other with our hands. We stopped when we were laughing too hard to continue.

"We're here." The taxi driver announced over our mirth.

I looked at the meter and saw the price, quickly handing him the money as I climbed out. I turned and looked at V as I was about to close the door. V beckoned me in for a secret with a bright smile and I leaned down, turning  my ear toward him.

"Let's go on a date sometime..." He whispered and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

He pulled back and closed the door, the taxi taking off after the door closed. I stood there in shock, the place where his lips had pressed still lingering with his presence. Time had frozen and everything seemed to be suspended as my mind replayed the scene over and over. I placed my hand on my cheek and felt as though I could feel him there. I felt my face heat and my stomach flip as I thought of us seeing each other again. My phone started going off and for a sec I didn't respond, just let it ring. My senses took a hold of me and I quickly answered the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke quietly, my voice not coming out louder than a murmur.

"Did you make it back safely?" Moa asked.

No one can know about Taehyung's kiss...

"Yes, I'm about to head inside now." I mumbled.

"Are you okay? You sound a little strained..." She asked.

"I'm just tired, that's all." I spoke quickly, trying to dissolve the question.

"Alright..." I could hear the questioning in her tone.

"Don't worry, I'll go in and straight to bed right now." I mumbled, starting to walk toward the building.

"Alright, you have the morning off tomorrow, I'll come to get you at around four." She informed me.

"Alright, thank you." I nodded even though she couldn't see.

"I'll be going now, I'll talk to you tomorrow, please get enough rest."

"I will, thank you Moa."

"Bye." She mumbled before hanging up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and started for the lobby when my phone rang again. I answered and listened for them to speak first.

"Rachel?" It was Kyungsoo.

"Oh! Hi Kyungsoo." I tried my best sounding happy, but my voice cracked.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Just kinda tired, I'm heading into the building now." I told him as I started walking again.

"I see... I'll meet you in the lobby." He mumbled and hung up.

To the phones tone I stopped walking and looked at the screen in surprise.

I didn't know he would do that...

I sighed and continued walking, going into the warm lobby. I looked around and saw Kyungsoo coming out of the elevator, heading over to me. The look on his face was happy, but his walk was tense.

Did something happen?

"How was your day?" He asked as he directed me toward the elevators.

"Alright, tiring, how was yours?" I asked suspiciously.

"It was good, I got home early today, so I made some dinner, do you want some?" He asked.

"Sure, but not too much because I need to get to bed." I mumbled.

"Alright." He nodded and looked at the elevator doors.

I could see our slightly distorted reflection in the doors metal. I looked awkward and terrified and D.O looked angry and defiant. I looked at him and saw the feeling change, when I looked at him I saw a man that looked just as scared as I was, someone who was afraid to say something.

When did it come to keeping secrets from each other?

I looked down at the floor and kept my head that way while I followed D.O home.