Fight

I want you, Not the money...

Geez, Friday again. No school yet no rest. All of your friends went somewhere to the party, but you decided to stay at home since you were out of cash. Even though they wanted to pay for you, you don't like that kind of parties. Just enjoying your time listening to music and chatting on facebook with some friends from overseas or playing with lil sis, were the only things you wanted. And so you did.

 

You realized your mobile is ringing. It was a message. You unlocked your phone to find out it was Minji, one of the classmates, trying to convince you to go out and join them. *So annoying.*

You just ignored it, and continued what you were doing until your mom entered the room.

 

"Yah, are you going to sit here doing nothing?"

 

"I have nothing else to do." you said still focusing on the screen of your laptop.

 

"Help something at home. Go find a job. Why don't you go out with your friends? Whatever. You're wasting your best time of life sitting in front of pc and not doing anything to make your life better."

 

"So what? Maybe I like it this way?"  you answered, with a bit annoyed voice. Like what's up with her all of sudden?!

 

"Other kids at your age work to have some money to get out, enjoying themselves are you going to spend your life like that?!" she was clearly mad.

 

"Yah! Why yelling at me all of sudden?!"

 

"Because your stupid and wasting your youth!"

 

There it was. Another fight with her. During school week always wishing for it to be weekend already but once it came you always regretted your words. Once you and your mom stayed at home, the peace didn't last long, since one of you would always start a pointless argument. You didn't like those, but it just happened.

 

"Look at your niece, she's the same age as you are, and still, she's having a boyfriend and going for holiday this summer. And you?" there she goes again. Comparing you with her.

 

"Why always bringing her up? Why always comparing me with her? Forgive me I'm not like her. But you know, there isn't such a thing like a perfect kid or perfect parent, keep that in mind." You hated when she started comparing you with others especially her.

 

"I'm not. I'm just trying to tell you to do something with your life. You're pretty and intelligent why would you sit here doing nothing?! And stop acting stupid like your father. Or you can go live with him."

 

"If my personality doesn't suit you, you should have thought first before making kids with an ." You yelled, trying to hold your tears.

 

"If I didn't, you wouldn't be here."

 

"Indeed, I wouldn't so I wouldn't care." 

 

She just give you the glare and slammed the door after leaving your room. You could tell she went to the kitchen. She knew very well you hated your father as much as she did, there was no way you would or could go live with him. Yes she always keep talking this and every time it hurts you over and over again but you never show it to her.

 

There was no way you would stay at home. You changed into your new t-shirt and some shorts, fixing your hair and some make-up and decided to go out. You took your keys, mobile, i-pod and documents and walked out of home. You left without telling a word to your mom. She don't need to know. Not that she cares anyway.

 

As you walked down the street, you looked at your watch *6:35pm.* It was already evening and the sun was down. While walking you listened to the music on your i-pod just to distract your thoughts of the stupid fight with your mom. You planned to go and stay a bit at your friends place but got remembered she was at the party with others. *Never mind I guess.* So you decided to go to the park. Since it was getting dark and there was no way any kids will be there, so it would be calm.

 

As you arrived at your destination, you found yourself sitting on one of the swings. Well you never get too old for swings, and it was chill since you were a bit depressed. It was crazy for a girl to go out to the park alone at night, but you didn't care. 

 

You kept thinking about what your mom said. She was right in everything she said. It's not that you didn't know it. Then bringing up this stupid girl you hate so much. Jealousy? Probably. And then your damn father. *I didn't ask to be born anyway.* You sighed.

 

You were still listening to your music, thinking about everything, not only a fight with mom, but about your school, friends and all that actually isn't that perfect as it looks like. When one of your favorite songs started "Bang Yongguk - I Remember", you didn't skip it, just listened to the lyrics. Immediately you could feel a tears running down your cheeks as you got remembered of your ex. It's not that you missed him, it's just when you feel down you keep thinking too much and bringing up old memories. You sighed again, *Yah, pabo, forget it, stop crying!* You scolded yourself mentally.

 

"And I promised myself not to cry…" You laughed at your own weakness.

 

You looked up as you felt someone was staring at you. It was a guy, obviously drunk something around 45 years old. That was the moment you realized there was no one else in the park. Just you and the man.

 

Pretending nothing happened you just left the swing and with your phone in your hand you started walking away. Yet as you though, the guy stood up and started following as he kept an eye on you.