The Test

I want you, Not the money...

"Are you awake?" your mom asked as she passed by your room.

 

You slightly opened your eyes and looked at the clock. 7am. Time to wake up and get ready for school. You sighed. The bed was so warm and comfortable that you got shivers just at the thought of leaving it. It was already Friday. The day of the test. You switched into good mood and started daily morning procedure. Washed your face, got some simple make-up, packed books for school and left your room. Your mom already prepared a breakfast so spared some more free time.

 

"Are you working today?" You asked your mom who was sitting and drinking coffee.

 

"Today free. But got some paper work to do, like bills and taxes, you know."  she said, and you could hear clearly she wasn't amused by these stuff. Actually no one is.

 

"Everything okay with money and such?" you run your fingers through your hair.

 

"I will know it later." She eye-rolled and fake-smiled.

 

Her job was simple. She didn't earn much, yet average so it was enough. Yet sometimes there were some extra bills to pay, and the income wasn't enough. You really hated these kind of problems. Not due to money itself, or rather the lack of it, It was more about your mother who was always worried too much and it would have its influence on her health. That's also one of the reasons you hated your father this much. Even through your parents divorced, your father never took any responsibility to help out when it was necessary. You assured your mom everything's gonna be alright and left for school.

 

"Is anyone absent today?" The teacher asked and everyone started to look around to check.

 

"Minji." you heard Kana's voice coming from behind.

 

"Do you know the reason?" teacher asked and she shook her head.

 

You didn't really care until you go remembered something. *So I guess you wouldn't mind if I give it a try.*. Minji's voice echoed in your head. Weird thoughts passed through but you shook them off.

 

It was time for a break and you met up with Nana. Since the weather was pretty good, you were sitting outside the school building at the usual place. Nana was talking as much as usual, yet something was odd. She didn't mention Daehyun at all and all her behavior. You knew her for long enough so you were pretty sure she was hiding something.

 

"Yah! Why are you judging me?!" she yelled as she noticed you were staring at her.

 

"Because I know you very well." you stated. "What are you hiding from me?" you added.

 

"WTF? There's nothing." she said and looked away to pick up her drink.

 

Lies. Lies. Lies. You simply kept judging her, and made it so obvious it started to annoy her.

 

"Stop staring! It freaks me out!" she complained.

 

"I won't stop until you tell me." you threatened and started watching her even more intense.

 

 She started to get nervous. It was just a matter of time she would give in. She even started to talk about something to distract you but failed as you answered yet still kept your eyes on her. To your surprise she kept holding in and it started to get boring. For a second you looked away and saw Kana and Seunghee walking nearby. At a moment Nana didn't matter. Something inside you, made you want to know why Minji was absent. You stood up as they passed by and sneaked behind them.

 

"So, so, so…" you smirked as you jumped and placed yourself between them while putting your arms around their shoulders to stop them from walking.

 

"Yah! Don't scare people just like that!!" Seunghee reacted as she freaked out.

 

"Wanna me to get heart attack or something…?" Kana added and you smirked.

 

"Huh? Aigoo, where did you lose the third part?" you asked as stepped aside.

 

"She's absent pabo, and you know it pretty well." Kana sighed.

 

"Really? Do I? I bet you must be lonely. Just the two of you."  you said with a smirk.

 

"Don't worry we will survive." Seunghee laughed and high-fived Kana.

 

"You know, was simply worried." you winked. "So what's the real reason she left you guys?"

 

"Who knows, she just said there's something she really needs to do so can't come to school today." Kana said as she fixed her hair which you messed up a bit.

 

"Something to do? So skipped school and didn't even tell you guys what the reason was?" you asked pitying them.

 

"Well whatever." Kana mumbled.

 

"It's not like she has to tell us everything." The other one added.

 

As they walked off, you returned and settled yourself next to Nana. So apparently there's something she 'really' needs to do huh? Where have you heard these words already… Did they go somewhere, together? It's not possible is it? You laughed mentally at how stupid you are for thinking this way.

 

"You okay?" Nana asked as she poked your cheek to check if you're alive.

 

"If I'm okay? You ask if I'm okay?! Do I look as if I'm okay?"

 

"Okay…. What happened?" she asked hesitantly.

 

"This guy is going to drive me crazy. Like seriously what the hell did he do to me?!"

 

"I bet you're talking about Daehyun."

 

"Of course, and who else?! Aish, giving me all this 'my princess' crap and then going out with this little moron." you stated as ruffled your hair.

 

"What the hell? What makes you think they are together?" she asked with confusion in her voice.

 

"Remember what this moron said before?" She nodded. "Then they have been talking few times after school as he was waiting for me." you said as she kept listening.

"Well, yesterday he said there's 'something he needs to do so won't come today."

 

"So what? Doesn't mean he's up to no good." and smirked yet you couldn't capture it with your eyes.

 

"And the other two moron's just said, Minji didn't come because there was 'something she has to do' too. Coincidence? I don't think so…" you sighed trying to calm down.

 

"OMG I can't believe it." Nana commented.

 

"Indeed."

 

"No, no that. I mean…" you looked at her. "I've never seen you this jealous." she started laughing out loud.

 

"Ok, can't deny. I am. So what? I like him, and she just…" you admitted but didn't finish the sentence.

 

"Silly, silly. I don't believe you should worry about it." she gave you a bit of hope. "Or await, may be you really should worry… With Minji you never know what she's up to!" She added.

 

"You're not helping…" you mumbled and she laughed even more.

 

"It's because you're funny when you're jealous. Daehyun has to see this." she joked.

 

"Don't you dare telling him, araso?!" It's not funny at all… If he knew, so embarrassing.

 

"Geez but just how long will it take for you to say 'yes'? Are you gonna let him wait untill he gets taken by Minji?..." she asked...

 

Before you could think of a propre answer, the break was over and it was time for the test.

Your only goal at the moment was passing the test. To get better grades than Minji and don't disappoint Daehyun. As for Nana, it was obvious she would tell him about the so called jealousy. So you already prepared some plan b. Now you were already sitting in the classroom, all focused, you took a deep breath and waited for the teacher to distribute the tests. Since you studied very well, you were confident. There was no way you could possibly fail the test. The only thing that bothered you, was the moron who was still absent which was rather suspicious. 

 

---------------------------

Triple update for today ♥ Welcome all new subscribers :) 

Hope you guys like it keke

Still not sure if should make Dae- now or keep it for later in the story....