Prince and Cinderella

I want you, Not the money...

An half an hour passed. You've just served like hundreds of drinks but just when you thought of getting a minute of break, there were some tables to clean.  It was exhausting, but you couldn't help but keep cool. Well there was HE and what if he gets bad impression. As you worked you kept secretly looking at him as he was talking and laughing with some people sitting with him at the table.

 

There was a girl sitting next to him, and it bothered you. Could it be his girlfriend? You kept telling yourself not to get jealous. But. She was pretty, she had long dark brown hair resting on her shoulders and she was wearing beautiful blue dress. Not mentioning her smile. Suddenly you didn't feel well wearing the uniform. You sighed.

 

"Melody." you heard someone calling out your name.

 

"Can you come for a second?" it was SHE. You nodded and headed to the table.

 

"How can I help you?" you asked as polite you could.

 

"Hi, nice to meet you, My name is Mi Yun" she introduced herself.

 

She seemed to be really kind person, so you immediately felt at ease.

 

"Are you ok? I mean it's pretty much work here?" she asked.

 

You got a bit shocked. Like all of the guests sitting at the table, Daehyun inclusive were looking straight at you.

 

"Huh, no I'm fine."

 

"Melody came today to help our Hana out." She explained to the guests.

 

"You're still a student right?" One of them asked.

 

"Yeah still a student." you sighed.

 

"You don't like school that much?" she asked surprised to your ironic answer.

 

You regretted saying it this way. It's not like you want Daehyun to think you're just a stupid high school kid. "Not that I dislike it, I just can't wait to get to the college" you corrected her.

 

"I see, so what would you like to study? Do you have an idea already?"

 

"Still not so sure, but thinking about laws."

 

"Impressive, manager, lawyer, good paid." she approved. And others nodded.

 

Daehyun was giving you that strange look, as if he was really especially interested in this answer.

 

"Aniyo, I'm not a kind of person that loves money, I think it's pretty challenging job."

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t meant to offend you, it’s just that most people would chose to be a lawyer because it’s well paid” she got a bit troubled.

 

“Well I understand, but I don’t believe such people are suitable to do this job.”

 

She smiled and you moved forward to do your job. Daehyun watched you walking away and *did he just wink? Pff my imagination haha*

 

All the time the only thing running in your mind was him. You walked from one guest to another, but was sure to keep him within your sign. Even if he didn't seem to pay any attention to you and you knew the reason for it, it still was frustrating since usually you were pretty popular with guys.

 

The time kept passing by and soon the guests started to leave. It became calm so you and Hana switched so both of you can get some break and now it was your turn.

 

In the kitchen there was the back door to the garden so you went outside to get some fresh air. You sat on the doorstep under the balcony roof so that the rain couldn’t reach you. You’ve been just sitting there looking at the raindrops falling from the sky, cursing yourself for not taking an umbrella with you. Suddenly your phone started ringing.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“And how is it? Didn’t you break anything?” it was your mom and as usual she started to make fun of you, but it was fine, at least better than screaming.

 

“Of course I didn’t. Well, It’s like hell!!~”

 

“And did you meet her children?”

 

“Yeah. The son only.”

 

“This guy is handsome isn’t he? And kind, you don’t see many well-mannered guys those days ”

 

“OMG he is!!! But yeah don’t think it’s my level tough, or better said I don’t think I’m his type” you laughed. Hoping it wasn't truth.

 

“Well you never know. My movie is starting so have to hang up. See you later.”

 

“Okay, see you”.  You sighed and looked up at the sky.

 

All you could hear was the rain sound and the people talking about random stuff there at the party as you were sitting here, on alone. You laughed as you got reminded of the story of Cinderella and suddenly started feeling like one. You assured yourself it was silly to think this way, especially since it was just a job, one-time job or actually more helping out than just earning money.

 

Then you saw a dog running towards you, it was all wet but you didn’t mind, you loved dogs even since you were a child. It sat next to you and you started to pet it’s head.

 

“Hi there doggy, how should I call you?” you looked in its eyes and sighed.

 

“You won’t answer me? That’s fine. But you know what? Let’s be friends what do you think? We’re both sitting here while there is a party going on.”  You noticed the dog is actually watching you and it gave you an impression as it can understand you, so you continued.

 

“Your owner is really handsome, isn't he? I think he’s the most glorious guy I’ve ever met. How should I say it….” You stated to think while you took your hands backwards and stunned so you could get better view of the sky.

 

“I know!” You announced. “He’s just like prince, from like the ones in the fairy tales… But if he’s a prince then what am I???”

 

“Yeah Sitting here doing this job, and even if just for today, I get this Cinderella-like feels. Doing all the job while everyone in on the party having fun…" you said and looked at the dog, which seemed to be nodding and to your surprise, still listening. So you continued.

 

"But it’s not like a life is a fairy tale...” You smiled and petted the dog.

 

“Who says life can’t be as a fairy tale?” a voice asked.

 

You got shocked and looked around, then you noticed Daehyun sitting down next to the dog. He looked at you and laughed seeing you getting embarrassed. 

 

“Haha don’t mind me, you can continue he will always listen anyway.” He pointed at the dog.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well he’s the best listener I know. Always when I feel down I’m coming right here looking at the sky and talk to him about all that bothers me. Just what you're doing right now.”

 

“Yes I have to agree, and he never judges unlike other people.” He was acting friendly so you started to feel more comfortable talking to him as to a friend.

 

“Btw he's called Akira.”

 

“Good to know. Did you come up with a name. It's Japanese, isn’t it?”

 

He nodded. “I named him after a character from  a manga I used to read.”

 

“But wait, do you want to talk to him now? If so I won’t interfere” you questioned.

 

“Not really, I just wanted to know how you’re doing?” he said and started looking at a sky.

 

“Me? I’m fine, enjoying myself with Akira” You laughed and petted the dog’s head.

 

“Are you sure? Because I think we got you into hard work.” he gave you a questioning and a bit worried look.

 

“Yeah look I’m fine, but I have to admit, I’ve never walked this much in my life.” you teased

 

He laughed and your heart was melting, just he didn’t need to know that. Suddenly his expression changed, it was as if he got an brilliant idea. He stood up and said he have to go and fix something.

 

Well you didn’t mind, since you have been talking for pretty long so you were already in heaven. But sitting there on alone, while it was raining did make you feel cold, so you went back inside.

Moments later Miss. Jung entered the kitchen.

 

“I believe the worst is over, and it got already late, are you ok?”

 

*Really, people stop asking if I'm okay..* You nodded then she took her wallet and gave you the money.

 

“Thank you for coming today. We gave you a lot of hard time didn’t we? Hana said she can go on herself so you're free." She smiled

 

“It’s ok, mom said you needed some help, and I got nothing else to do anyway.” You lied. You had better things to do on Saturday, but you didn’t regret anything since you met an handsome guy and could earn some money at once.

 

“Well if you didn’t come Hana would really be in trouble so I’m really thankful.” She said and walked you to the front door. You took your jacket and walked outside.

 

“Be careful on your way home.” she said with a smile.

 

“I will. Thank you." you said. 

 

She nodded and asked if you need an umbrella but you said it was fine since the bus stop was just few meters away. You bowed and walked to the bus stop.

 

It was still heavily raining but the bus was about to come in just 10 minutes so you’ve been there sitting on the bench and waiting. There was no one on the streets so you didn’t worry about anything. Ok you did worry, just about not being able to say bye to Daehyun.

 

Suddenly a black car (obviously very expensive) arrived and stopped right in front of you. You freaked out a bit but kept calm. You stared at the car as the window opened. The light inside the car got on and you could see Daehyun sitting there in the driver’s seat.

 

“Get in, I‘ll give you lift.” He said and waved his hand for you to come in.

You got confused because of unexpected situation.

 

“Nah, no need, the bus will come in no time I will just wait.”  You said and he just gazed at you with a very serious expression.

 

“ Are you kidding? It’s almost midnight, it’s raining like hell and you think I can let you go on alone?!”

 

“Well, maybe you’re right.” You said while looking at the night sky. While in your mind overreacting like a crazy fangirl.

 

“So? Get in because it’s cold!” he ordered and you did as said.