Math problem.

I want you, Not the money...

Again, another day started. Usually you would get angry hearing the alarm clock and this time it wasn't different. Half-asleep you switched off the annoying sound of the alarm as jumped out of your bed. You moved to the window and slightly opened it to get some fresh air. The curtains and your hair started dancing with the morning wind and you could feel the sunshine on your face. That made you smile. The weather was nice, so your mood got better as well.

 

As usual, you made your own breakfast, simply few pancakes and some orange juice. Soon you should be at school so you moved immediately to change from your pajamas.

After changing and applying some simple make-up you were ready. While looking at the time, you took all the books you would need into your schoolbag, made sure to close the door and left to school. On your way you received a message. You took out your phone and read it.

 

From: Daehyun

"Good Morning Princess <3 Did you have sweet dreams? Don't be late to school ^_^ XoXo"

 

You sighed and answered with simple "Morning."  Soon later you arrived at school where Nana was already waiting for you. She was about to ask something when the bell rung and together with other students you moved to your class. Confused thoughts didn't let you concentrate at what teacher was actually saying. Yet spacing out during the lesson wasn't anything unusual for you. You got back on earth as you felt a poke on your back. Angrily you turned back to see what's with Minji, poking you all of sudden. You looked at her and she was pointing at something. You followed her sign and saw the teacher looking at you and waiting for something, most likely the answer for the question you didn't even hear. You looked at the teacher, then at the black board trying to figure out what was the possible question. Impossible. You excused yourself and promised to pay more attention from now on. Teacher just sighed and continued the class.

 

As in every math class, you couldn't wait until the bell releases you from the boring lesson. Unfortunately time just got slower as you waited. When the class was over, you packed your books and was just about to leave when teacher stopped you and wanted to talk to you. Nana gestured she'll wait outside and you nodded. In no time you were left alone with the teacher. You scolded yourself mentally as you expected what was she about to say.

 

"Melody, do you know what I want to say?" she asked as she crossed her arms.

 

"About paying attention in the class? Sorry for that, I'm just a bit confused lately." you've put a fake smile.

 

"It's not just paying attention, but your grades. I know you have good grades for all other subjects, and that math isn't the most loved subject, yet you need to improve." 

 

"I know I know, I'll try." you assured.

 

"As you know, final exams are coming soon, and if you don't pass math you'll fail a year. So you better put some effort in studying." she said as she left the room.

 

You were left speechless as you could hear her words on repeat in your head. She was right, math was the only subject you had troubles with. You could barely understand what are they talking about in the class, passing the single test was challenging. No way you could pass the exams. Situation you were in wasn't a joke. You met with Nana and explained it to her. Even thought she had better grades, she didn't understand much herself, so no chance she could help you with this problem. You both sighed trying to figure out what to do when you got another message.

 

From: Daehyun

"How is my Princess doing? XoXo"

 

Nana looked at you with questioning look. You showed her the message and gasped.

 

"Aren't you going to reply?" she asked concerned.

 

"I'm just not in the mood and when I'm not in the mood I talk . So beter not to talk at all. Gonna message him later.

 

Then she got reminded and started asking about yesterday when he simply kidnapped you. She was really persistent so even though you were not in the mood to think about it, you simply explained everything to her, where did you go and what happened. She was listening carefully to everything that you said. Like a kid listening to fairy tale. Apparently her imagination was working on 100%. Yet suddenly she started glaring and you questioned her expression.

 

"So your dream guy kissed you, claiming you're his girlfriend and you did what?! You will think about it?! What's there to think about?" she face palmed.

 

"What could I do? He was so self-confident and… and acted on his own. I simply got surprised, don't blame me. It's his own fault for confusing me. I just had to say something."

 

"Still that's not how you react when you're surprised, especially in this situation." she sighed.

 

Yes your dream guy kissed you. You got confused how to react. You returned the kiss. Then he asked if you would accept to become his girlfriend. Obviousily you loved to yet it's not like you should give in easily. Even though you wanted to simply hug him and just confess, you backed off and said you will think about it and playfully scolded him for kissing you without permission. How come he was so self-confident? Is it because he always gets what he wants that he thinks you're so easy? You got confused since you really like him, yet don't want to be easy and get fooled. He was surprised and thought for few seconds. He said to take your time because he will wait for your answer. You actually regretted your words, since it made your way longer. Then you realized he started looking at you with the puppy eyes and you couldn't help but to soften. You agreed to be friends but before you could add any remarks, he hugged you with that cute smile of his. Again you gave him a surprised look, and he let go excusing himself. Deep inside you didn't want him to let go. Short after you got back home.

 

Nana listened to you as you explained and admitted your right. Yet deep inside you hated yourself for making your more complicated.

 

"So when you gonna say YES?"

 

"Not sure. Will think about it and chose good moment. But Daehyun isn't a problem now. Tell me better what to do about math?" you made a face changing a topic.

 

"To begin with, next week we have another test, so focus on passing it."

 

For the rest of the day your bad mood took over. You didn't care what was going on around you. Everything on your mind was how to pass the stupid math.

Soon you got released from the last class of the day. Your only mission was to get home as soon as possible and just forget everything. Nana was talking about some random stuff as you both walked out of school building, yet every time she asked something you would give her a flippant answer.

 

"Look who's there. I think it's for you." Nana said pointing at the school gates.

 

You got surprised to see Daehyun waiting there for you. Isn't he angry after practically ignoring him whole day? Yet you cheered up seeing him. 

 

"Why are you here?" you asked all surprised.

 

"You didn't answer yet so..."

 

"So gonna stalk me now?" somehow your voice turned more serious than you wanted to.

 

"Stalking?! Aigoo, just wondering if you're doing fine since didn't get any answer. And as I see, you're not." *so he's talking about the message.*

 

"Let me give you lift home. We can talk on the way." he added.

 

You settled yourself on the passager seat next to Daehyun and Nana sat in the back after mentally forcing you to get in and don't complain. As he drove you tried to figure out how to explain the bad mood. You ended up glaring outside the window and ignoring Dae and Nana.

 

"Did I do anything wrong or is she on her period?" Dae whispered to Nana hoping you won't hear it.

 

"Yah!" you gasped. "Non of these, okay?!" you added.

 

"Well then...?" he gave the questioning look. 

 

"MATH." Nana answered right before you could think of other excuse."She kinda at it and got into trouble bacause of it." she teased.

 

*Nana, Just Wait!!! Omg so embarrassing....* you though and hid your face in your palms.

 

"Serious math problems." she added and you glared at her for telling him.

 

"Math?" he asked looking at you.

 

"Not a big deal." You lied and looked away, avoiding eye contact.

 

"Ne, Daehyun-ah, why don't you tutor her? It would be a perfect opportunity to spend some time together, as friends I mean." she said playfully.

 

Her intentions were so obvious. Is she even a friend? Putting you in all awkward situations.

 

"Actually I'm pretty good at it, besides I would love to tutor my Princess." he stated, again with this adorable smile.

 

Nana was right, it would be a great opportunity to get along better, you really wanted to say "Yes", yet something deep inside you didn't let you admit it. How can you simply say yes? Always making own life difficult. You sighed. Whatever you would say, you knew you would regret it. Luckily your best friend knows you very well. She knew you wouldn't admit it, even if you really wanted to.

 

"So it's decided." Nana laughed.

 

Daehyun nodded and didn't even wait for your answer, he relied on Nana's decision knowing you might say no.

 

"Hopefully my Princess won't get distracted by my flawless beauty." he joked .

 

You gave irritated smirk, doing your best to hide your happiness.

 

Finally you will get some more time to spend with your Prince. 

 

--------------------

Yay triple update :D I hope you like it up till now? 

Besides finally managed to fix background and story image bc it wasn't displaying before >.<