CHAPTER 2: From The Past

Beautiful Trio Book TWO: YoonA's Love Story

"What are you doing here?" YoonA asked in her indifferent tone.

"Simply to see you." SeungRi said with a smile.

YoonA saw HyoYeon silently walked out of the room. Then she look at SeungRi again.  

"Why?" She asked.

SeungRi just shrugged and sits himself at the vacant seat. 

"I'm busy." YoonA said in a firm tone.

"I can see that. But you forgot that it's already lunch. So, I'll treat you." SeungRi said.

"I'm not hungry. And will you please stop this nonsense?" YoonA said with frustration.

"What nonsense? Courting you is not nonsense." SeungRi said, showing his serious side.

YoonA sighed. "You know, it'll not work. I already told you that all I can give you is friendship. Nothing more." 

YoonA can see how hurt SeungRi felt by what she said. She really could'nt help it. It will hurt him more if she'll let him court her because she knows that she'll not gonna love him as a woman.

"I know." SeungRi said in a low tone. "But doing this makes me happy. So please, just let me."

"But.."

"For now. If I'll get tired of courting you, I'll stop. Or if you found him again, I'll stop. But for now, please, let me be." 

YoonA wanted to come to him and comfort him. But she stopped herself. She doesn't want to give him something to hope. She really only see him a friend.

"Ri, I don't want you to do this, please. It'll make me feel worse, you know. I don't want to see you more hurt."

"I know. But just like I said, just let me be. For now." SeungRi said with pleading eyes. "We don't know, that maybe one of these days, I'm going to meet a girl more beautiful than you, right?"

That last statement made her chuckle. "Right."

"It's nice seeing you smile again, Na." He said, calling her by the nickname he made for her.

"You're such a player, Ri." She said while laughing.

The tensions in the room a while ago evaporates with all their laughter and friendly banters. Then the door opens and someone walks-in.

 

"Can I interrupt?" A baritone voice interrupts.

Then both her and SeungRi look at the person who just walks-in.

"Can we help you?" SeungRi asked.

YoonA can't help but be surprised. Well, surprised is an understatement. Shocked. That's the right word.

"YoonA." The guy ignored SeungRi and just look straight to YoonA.

YoonA can felt the tensions arises inside the room that she wanted to run. But she didn't. She couldn't.

"I'm here for YoonA." The guy said again without tearing his eyes to YoonA.

"Do you know him, Na?" SeungRi asked while sizing him up.

"She knows me. Really knows me. Right, Yoong?" The guy said in an intimate way.

"Are you okay?" SeungRi asked with a concern tone. Because she knows that she looks like she's gonna fall any moment. "Do you want me to call security?" SeungRi added while giving the guy a deadly look.

"W-What?" YoonA seems like comes back from a stance. " Security? No, please, I don't want to cause trouble." She said to SeungRi.

 

Then she look at the guy from her past. That should stay in the past. "What are you doing here?" YoonA asked in a cold tone.

"I wanna see you." Minho simply said.

"It's better for you to leave." YoonA ignored the longing feeling from her heart.

Minho look at her and then SeungRi. Then look at her again and let out a sighed. "Okay. I'll leave. For now."

 

Then he walk outs the room as fast as he comes back to her life.

 

Painful silence inside the room envelopes. She wanted to scream. She wanted to run. But it seems she lost her will to do just that. She wanted to cry but it seems crying at the office is not the right time. She needed to breathe. She needed to get away. Then a thought comes in. She quickly stand up and get her things.

 

"It's him, right?" SeungRi then said.

YoonA look at him. She has forgotten his presence in the room. And she felt so bad about it. Seeing SeungRi's hurt expression, makes the guilt worsen. She can't bear this feeling anymore! She really needed to get away.

 

"I'm sorry." All the she can muster to say then went out of the room.