Entry 2

The Journalist

I heard a sound from my phone at the edge of the bed, which I sluggily reached for it by bringing my torso up. I yawned, looking at the text by, who other, Hoseok himself.
Morning~ did you sleep well?-JHope
That was his nickname he put in my phone, don’t ask.

Swell, actually. May I remind you that I lost the last 5 minutes because of your text? You owe me :p-Me


Well, I didn’t mean too, count my word for it. I was JUST going to ask you if you’d like to hang out during lunch, since I have nothing else to do but sit with Jimin and the rest of BTS. But if you don’t want to…-Jhope
This guy. He seemed so cold when I met him, but he texts like a softie.


Okay, fine. But promise me you won’t act so stuck-up?-Me


Cross my heart. And bring your laptop, kk? See you in a few hours~-Jhope
Wait, who is BTS? And why was he asking me to bring my laptop... But, not that I cared-I was going to bring it anyway, the little journalist as I am.


~
I left the house at around quarter to lunch, heading to the café with nothing but a blue cardigan over my black top and leggings with my beige high tops. I let my loose orangey brown hair down-the messier, the better. As I entered the place, already I saw the same golden hair boy, sitting on my place at the booth from yesterday. He had his head down, gaze fixed on a book. I slowly sat down oppositely, and coughed, making him look right up. He smiled. “Weird to see you again.” He put his hand under his right cheek. I raised an eyebrow, looking away to get my laptop. “Says the person who invited me in the first place. By the way, who’s BTS?” I asked. He sighed. “At school, I hang out with the people that my parents were friends with their parents, and we got really close because of that. Heck, they decided to buy our own house to live in.” I widened my eyes. Talk about filthy rich much. He took out a picture of a group of boys, including himself, and slid it across the table. I picked it up, getting a closer look. There were 7 of them, all looking at the camera with serious expressions, and all of their school uniforms were hidden by the leather jacket each of them wore. I put it back down, and opened my laptop, automatically opening up to my blank word document. My fingers hovered over the keyboard, but still had nothing to type about. I sighed in defeat, slumping back to my seat. Hoseok looked over, and slid right beside me, holding his book. “What’re you stumped on?” He looked at the screen. “It’s just…I really love being a journalist, but I don’t know what to write about. Back in Japan where I live, I took so many pictures and was able to write almost anything. Now that I moved in Seoul, it’s like all that just disappeared.” I felt guilty that I was just fending my feelings toward him, but he sat there, taking it all in. Suddenly, he reached over and began to type out something. I felt sort of uncomfortable, considering that his face was just inches from mine. I began noticing little details of him up close: his strong jawline, the way his lips seem to slighty separate from each other revealing his front teeth, and how his hair seemed to fall in place, no matter how messy it was. He backed away, staring at me for a reaction. I blinked, trying to focus what he just wrote on my computer. I squinted. “Han river?” I asked, as he nodded in reply. “You can get many pictures and scenery from there, not to mention it’s a very popular tourist place.” I saved his note on my notepad, and checked the time on it. He returned to reading his book, as I slowly peered over. “The Dawn wind? I read that book.” He glanced at me. “Really.” He said with the most monotone of his voice, clearly stating he didn’t care much. I sighed, looking out the window. He could at least give me slack as I was trying to be nice. “It’s about a girl name Sung who was very introverted, and tends to wander a lot. One day she meets a boy name Han who was a very hard worker, and also a bit cold. The book further entails how they seem to change their world right around through their relationship. Such an underrated plot, in my opinion.” I heard him chuckle. Turning around, he glinted his warm eye smiles at me. “Maybe you should teach me a few English pointers. Yuri told me you’re good at Korean, Japanese, and now English as well.” I blushed. Yuri told him about me? For some reason, I felt pretty light headed now. “Aish, I have only eight minutes before my next class.” He got up, throwing his blazer on his back. I too stood up as well. “Sorry for the slight bit in helping. Text me if it’s helpful?” I nodded. “I will. And, thanks. For at least TRYING to not be such an in the face.” He laughed. “No problem. See you around.” I felt his hand softly ruffling my hair, as I followed my gaze to him as he walked out the door, walking away with his eyes still on his book. I shook my head, laughing softly. Such a weird guy.

 

 

Author's Note

Well, I hope my friend is happy, I had to wake up extra early just to update this story. T-T
But, do you guys like it so far? I really would like to know, since it does help me in my writing for the future ^^
Oh, just to mention, I may update this story twice, just because someone is coming over to fix our modem for the computer and OMG no internet for who knows how long *sobs*
More chapters/stories to come, so don't worry!

-B.B