Entry 5

The Journalist

~Hoseok~


After finally finishing my reading for the day, I decided to hang out with the boys around the district. Of course, I wasn’t the kind of person to shop as part of my leisure time-I’d rather read another novel in bed if I wanted too. But, as I promised especially Jimin, I would tag along at the best. Keeping my hands in my jeans, I only wore a maroon v-neck with my black leather jacket over. I looked around the shops, but with little amusement whatsoever. The boys began laughing and chatting, as I wandered my eyes off to the side as I saw a too familiar looking coffee shop. And in the little window off to the left, I saw the same bright coloured hair fall down her shoulders, hiding her face. “Hey, mind if we took a break in that café across the street?” I pointed. Jimin nodded eagerly. “They have the best mochas! Can we go Jin hyung? Please!” The oldest one sighed, gripping onto his grocery bags tighter. “Fine. I guess we should stop buying things anyway. Especially you, maknae.” The youngest of us, Jungkook, looked at him and smiled sheepishly. We entered the café doors, and I wasn’t sure why I wanted to come here in the first place. Glancing off to the side, I saw Natsumi’s face covered slightly by her fringe, that seemed to dance in a flowing pattern. I felt sort of disappointed, since I really did want to see her almond eyes once more. “Natsumi-ah!” Jimin waved, to which she looked up slowly from her notebook. She smiled right back, trailing her eyes onto each of us, including me, as we walked right over to her booth. “What are you doing here? I thought you guys don’t have any school.” I sat at the end of the table, keeping my eyes occupied at the moment. But, I did steal a few glances at her. God, her hair seemed so soft…wait, what the hell did I just thought? “You boys must be BTS. Hoseok told me about each one of you guys.” They all seemed a slightly more intrigued. “What did he tell you about me?” Jungkook asked. She giggled. “About how you're the maknae amongst them, always so bright and cheerful.” He smiled upon the compliment.

She ended up saying a small trait to each of them, leaving me last. “And you, Hoseok…” I looked at her, which she gave me one of her cute little smiles. I felt my heart beat faster. Why was I like this? She chuckled. “...are a very kind person, though can be quite distant sometimes.” I rubbed my neck, hiding my smile. I didn’t care if she said it as something humourous right after, I’ll still take it as a compliment from her either way. “Sorry for asking, but are you from Japan? Your name is very…” the leader, Namjoon, piped up. “Yeah, I am. I moved here a while ago, as soon as I finished school.” She sipped on her drink, which reminded Jimin he wanted to order a mocha. After our orders came, Natsumi and the other boys talked, while I sat there, slowly drinking my drink. I felt a twinge of jealousy that they were talking and not just the two of us instead. Besides, I can tell she wasn’t very comfortable-she seemed very stiff the whole way she talked. I wanted to tell them to stop asking questions until Taehyung stood up, ruffling his dyed hair. “Man, that made me sleepy. Let’s go home.” Agreeing, we all got up, except for me. “Hoseok-ah?” Yoongi looked at me, fixing his hair under his black cap. I looked down at my cup, that was now halfway gone. “Go on without me. I have to finish this.” Nodding, he mentioned that he already paid for my cup before they all headed out. I sighed, finally relaxing into the environment. “They seem to talk a lot, don’t they?” I heard a slight smirk from her tone. I smiled, admiring her curiosity about them. I sipped my drink before looking up to her. “Trust me, they will only open up to only friendly people. You got an extra bonus: you’re a foreign girl.” She laughed softly at my snide comment, making my heart flutter. “I better go. I have to pick up my dog from Yuri’s place.” She said suddenly, which she got up as I did as well. I never really wanted to go at the same time, I just did that without thinking. We both laughed nervously, but I probably was even more nervous than she was. We stood in silence, as she fiddled with her fingers. I raised my eyebrows. She looks pretty anxious… She took out a small box from her bag and handed it to me, with only but her blushing cheeks, and the heat of mine, came into view. I slowly opened it, revealing a small gold chain necklace, with a silver plate hanging down. “I’m sorry if it’s really simple, I just wanted to give you something since you really helped me out last time we met-“I cut her off with a hug. I felt her body tense at first, then slowly reacted to the hug resulting in putting her arms around me as well. “It’s perfect. Thank you.” I whispered in her ear. We pulled back, as I gave her a grin. She smiled slightly back, then quickly looking down the floor, tucking her hair behind her ear. “Um, see you around.” She murmured, before  she passed by me, walking out the café. I placed the necklace into the box and closed it, looking at it once more with a light, happy feeling before putting into my pocket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note
Hello ^^ so how do you like the story as of far?
I am doing a double update for today, because this week I will be extremely busy with school, assignments, tests, etc. (Which means I won't have enough time to update)
So, so sorry! I promise to make it up to you T-T

Anyways, hope you have a great day~
 

-B.B