Entry 9

The Journalist

~Hoseok~


Thanks to Jimin, I wasn’t able to continue reading my favourite novel, with him just accusing me about kissing Natsumi, which basically was supposed to be ’his job’. God, this kid. If he wanted her, I guess it’s too late for him. I’ll admit, that kiss felt…mesmerising. I mean how soft her lips were, and smelling that all too familiar peach wafting in my nose, giving me butterflies in my stomach. Wait, what am I saying? Oh my god, did I just admit that I loved her even more? No, no, NO. “Dude, you know I really like her.” He pouted at me, sitting on the edge of my bed. I sighed, keeping my head down. “I know you do. I honestly wasn’t sure why I confessed to her at that moment. I was waiting for a better time, but whatever happened...happened.” I ruffled my hair furiously, knowing how ridiculous everything was. I heard his feet shuffle, which I looked up to see him with a hard expression written on his face. “Hoseok hyung.” I felt suddenly stricken with the way he said my name in the most serious tone. “If only you had more believeable reasons that I would forgive you right now.” Ouch. With that he slowly walked out my room. I sighed, burrowing my face into my hands. I was too much in a crappy mood that for those next few days, whenever I saw Sumi at the café alone after school, I didn’t even bother walking in to greet her, I just walked in the other direction. I figured that she was pretty upset with me-I once tried talking to her about our day together, but she simply replied with  ‘I’m going to cancel that day. Sorry.’ Harsh, I never replied right back after that. Did it that she hated me? In so many ways. And because of that I wasn’t able to focus as much in English, especially since Jimin kept scowling at me and her friend Yuri eyeing me suspiciously through out that period. When the bell rang, I walked out, with Yuri suddenly grabbing my wrist and dragging me to the back of the school before she let me protest.  “This is really urgent.” She stood on her ground, looking at me with her stormy blue eyes.  I scoffed. “Really? I couldn’t tell by the sudden kidnap and dragging me around. No biggie.” She gritted her teeth, clearly not amused by my sarcasm at the moment. “Just, listen for a sec, alright?” Sighing, I leaned against the brick wall of the school, putting my hands in my pocket and nodded slightly. Yuri took a deep breath in before she began her talking. “Natsumi is angry with you.” No, duh. “But, it’s because of that kiss that you made her all flustered just even mentioning your name.” I snapped my head up from gazing at the ground. “Really?” I said, a little too hopeful. Yuri took out her phone from her knapsack, and began quickly swiping her finger on the screen. She then pointed a finger at me to come over, which I did slowly. She pointed at the screen, which to me looked like a spam of text messages. I suddenly realized that it was a conversation between Yuri and Natsumi, just yesterday.


My dog keeps eating my mochi -_-  -Natsumi


Maybe it’s because it’s as sweet as you! -Yuri


Ugh, cheesy much? :p btw, do u want to come with me walk around Han river this Friday? I need more pics, and I might as well walk Mochi while we’re at it. My parents need to see her grow! It’s been how long? -Natsumi


Sure, I’ll come ^^ what about Hoseok-ah? -Yuri


I..cancelled our plans. -Natsumi


What?! Why! -Yuri


Cuz, I’m not ready to see him. Not yet right after that confession and kiss >< -Natsumi


Wow, you’re so lame -_- I’m pretty sure he knows that you’re angry at him, not to mention he’s being beaten down by the rival, Jimin himself XD -Yuri


Gawd, srsly? Well, I’m not sure about how I should act around him now. Tbh, I just…like him.  A LOT. Even right before that happened, just when we met. He seemed so kind, even under that cold face of his. And, he helped me so much with my entries that I feel grateful for him to do so… holyyy crap. YOU BETTER NOT HIM THIS OR I SWEAR ! I’ll tell Mochi to hunt you down!-Natsumi


Rofl, I won’t, trust. C u tmw!-Yuri


I bit my lip. I know I felt like I just exposed something that I wasn’t supposed to know,but then again Yuri showed me, which eased my guiltiness. Still, I couldn’t hide my smile. She actually liked me! I was relieved. But…what about Jimin? He clearly hates my guts now, and if he found out about Natsumi’s confession about me, my life is soon going to be over. “Well, I better get going now. I hope you’re happy.” She smirked. I rubbed my neck sheepishly. “Maybe.” I replied meekly. Suddenly I heard a phone ring, which Yuri looked at her phone screen, and cursed some sort of foreign language, which most likely was in Japanese. “Natsumi’s getting suspicious. Why not I arrange a secret meeting for you too, so that way she can actually confess to you face-face, with helping her with another one of her entries. Sounds good?” she held out her hand, which I hesitated for a moment before shaking it. She waved, running off with her silver white hair moving along with the wind before I was left alone. Chuckling, I walked back home, with the same smile I had on since then.

~Jimin~

It was hard to try flirting with her, since she doesn’t fall for charms. So I just dropped the act entirely around her and actually tried acting like a normal friend, even if it did hurt slightly how meek she was. At first she was hesitant with my new act, but grew quite fond of it, which I for one was happy. So while we were waiting for her friend Yuri to come, I listened to her talk. Besides staring at how incredibly cute she was, it was actually amazing how someone who seemed so quiet and introverted most of the time can be really sweet and gentle, with the most fascinating conversation. I even learned a few customs about Japan and how it was completely different to South Korea. Just then her friend came strolling in, sitting beside her.
“Sorry I was late, I just meet up with a friend right after class.” She was typing on her phone. Natsumi shrugged, and continued typing on her computer while I drank my mocha. My phone rang, with Namjoon’s contact popping up. “Yah, we’re going to the district later, so hurry up and come home before we leave you.” His voice boomed in the speaker. God, why does he have to be commanding sometimes? I get that it was his parents that payed most of our loans, but he didn’t have to act so cocky. Sighing, I got up from my booth. “Yeah, yeah. I’m coming.” I closed my phone, which I smiled apologetically to both Natsumi and Yuri. Before I even explained my sudden leave, Natsumi held a hand up. “Don’t worry about it. See you.” She smiled, which I felt my heart beat faster. “Um, right. See you.” I say awkwardly, before walking out. I walked back home, mentally cursing at myself. You’re such an idiot! you could’ve asked her out, or maybe just show her something, anything, that you liked her more than a friend.

Then again, did she only look at me as that? I didn’t want to believe it, but if that was the answer, and as sad as it was for me, there was a small part of head saying I should let her go. For good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note
Woot woot! one more chapter to go!
ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED AS I AM?!... No? okay ><

Enjoy your day everyone~

-B.B