Entry 7

The Journalist

I waited for Hoseok, tapping my pen on the table, feeling slightly nervous with my outfit.

k-fashion | Tumblr

I put my hair in a high ponytail, my fringe falling in front of my eyes. Suddenly, Hoseok walked through the doors, gasping for air. “Gah, sorry I’m late,” He sat across from me. “The boys kept bugging me on what to wear, geez!” I scanned his outfit. He wore a black tank top, with a navy blue leather jacket right over, which suited his golden hair quite well. I then noticed he wore the necklace I gave him the other day, and tried to hid my knowing smile. “You seem to like leather jackets a lot.” I teased. He glanced a look at me, then chuckled. “You can say that. Or can I remind you that you have a strange taste in tea?” He pointed at my cup, which I held it in my hands with defence. “Don’t judge. I just,” sighing, I placed the cup down. “Green tea is the only kind of drink that still reminds me of home, so that way I won’t get too homesick.” I smiled sheepishly.  He put his hand over my clasped one, which took me by surprise. He leaned over the table just slightly and gave me a soft smile that I felt like I was going to melt. “Why don’t we get out of here? I don’t want you to be sulking all day.” Nodding, I finished my drink and we exited the café.

~

Hoseok showed me many tourist places, which he seemed pretty amused himself just telling me them. Maybe I was just imagining things, but I saw him smile, a real, heartfelt one. It made me glad that he does have a feeling than being so cold all the time. He led me to a shrine just further down the city, which we took the bus. I put in my headphones in, clearly zoning out. I yawned, and automatically put my head on his shoulder to rest. At first he tensed up, but slowly wrapped his arm around my shoulders, resting his cheek onto my head. I instantly woke up as he nudged me, walking out the bus as I dropped my mouth ever so slightly. I looked over at Hoseok, who chuckled at my bewilderment. He took my hand, which felt warm, and not to mention a little bit big. I walked along with him, crossing the arch as the fog swallowed us. At first it was all I saw. But as we kept walking, I blinked just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. There was a clear, blue river sparkling across, with lush green surrounding it, and sparse cherry blossoms. “I always wanted to come here,” Hoseok said beside me. “I tried convincing the boys to some with me, but for some reason the cherry blossoms don’t seem to bloom when we come. The last time I actually saw this was when I was only ten.” I nodded, slowly taking out my camera and clicked on the shutter, resulting in the different angles of the flowers and the background of the blue glistening river. “I really wished Yuri came.” My heart sank from regretting not taking my best friend. Hoseok looked at me intently, biting his lower lip. He looked nervous…Why did he? Sighing, he came closer to me, holding my hands. “Look, Natsumi…I-I don’t know how to put this, and you probably will just regret anyway…” I looked at him, startled. I read this in The Dawn Wind. Han was as flustered as Hoseok was right now, just before he…I gulped. Is Hoseok confessing to me? My heart felt like it was slowly beating faster. I noticed his cheeks were also turning bright pink, just like how mine probably looked as the blood rushed to my face. “I like you, Natsumi Ayumu. I did ever since we met at the café. You seemed so different, so mysterious, and I just wanted to know more about you. I wanted you to talk more. I hope you have the same feelings for me back.” He gazed his dark eyes into mine. “Hoseok.” I took in a deep breath. He has to know that I didn’t see him in that way.  “I do like you, I really do. But as of right now, I don’t think I’m ready to date you.” And it was true, sort of. But I felt selfish to say that I still be interested in journalism, not with some guy that I was just friends with. He dropped his gaze, as well as my hands slowly. I heard a slightly disappointed ‘oh’ from his mouth, as I looked away, hiding my regretful face. “But, I’m glad you asked first. Otherwise, Jimin would be all over my nerves.” I smiled smug, glancing at him, seeing a slight scowl. He had to know sooner or later, right? Suddenly, I felt a breeze trailing my legs, which I shivered. Hoseok dropped his scowl and strided over. “Are you cold?” He softly whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest, which felt so warm…why did I reject him again? I looked up slowly, but this time the only thing I felt at the moment were soft lips crashing into mine. It took me a few seconds before I myself moved my lips along with his. Closing my eyes, I wrapped my arms around his neck, as I felt his tighten on my waist, trying to bring me closer to his body. I trailed my fingers into his soft hair, before I slowly dropped them onto his shoulders and we broke apart, Hoseok lingering close to my face a while longer before he distanced himself back. I still wasn’t sure how I felt about Hoseok right after that. But I knew that one thing for sure that still held on, even during that kiss. My heart didn’t stop beating fast.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Surprise! not 1, not 2, but 3 UPDATES!
Omg, why the sudden updates? Well, first off, it's with the honour of eating sushi that I felt really happy (I'm a huge sushi lover ^^ when I found out my mom bought some for dinner, I was practically drooling...LOL) so I thought why not update?
Also, I wanted to end this fanfic by the end of the week, a.k.a Friday. Yes, this fanfic is slowly coming to an end, so leave the best (final chapter) for last.
But don't worry, by tomorrow I will also be updating with a new fanfic (Oneshot, or new story? fufu, you have to wait for tomorrow ><)

Anyway, enjoy these chapters, and be ready for the last one!
(Were you guys expecting that kiss? hehe ><)

-B.B