Entry 6

The Journalist

~Natsumi~


After I picked up Mochi from Yuri’s house, I’ve done a few shopping at the grocery for dinner before heading home around 7:30 pm. Mochi hopped onto the couch as she watched me tie my hair up and put my apron on to prepare myself some ramen. After placing everything in a pot, the kitchen had smelt like a noodle house. I heard Mochi whine from the distance. “Don’t worry, it’s almost done.” I called out, as I ladled some broth into her bowl, while I added noodles into mine. I sat on the couch, with Mochi at my foot slurping her food. I the T.V and scanned through the channels, mostly musical concerts and cliché dramas. Finally, I found the channel I enjoyed-nature documentaries. Don’t judge, I’ve grown quite fond ever since becoming a travelling journalist, so looking at waterfalls all day wasn’t boring in the slight bit. After I was finished eating, I placed Mochi and my dish into the sink and washed them, then trudged up into my room. I placed my on my desk chair, hovering my fingers over the keyboard of my laptop. “C’mon, Natsumi, you can do this. You have a brain for a reason.” I said to myself, but still no good ideas seemed to flow. I sighed, after thinking for another 45 minutes, I decided to give up and lay down on my bed, with nothing but my earbuds in my ears, listening to my indie playlist. I closed my eyes for a short period of time before opening them again from hearing a buzz from my phone. I took it, seeing a new message popped on screen.
 

I’m guessing right now you’re either sleeping, or gave up halfway on your journal entry?-Jhope
Wow, he’s good.

Good job, Mr. Sleuth, for figuring out the last part. I just can’t seem to find a new entry to write. I’m stumped. T-T-Me


Don’t give up! You can do it. I’m fully supporting your writing skills :) By the way, you still have to help me in English. As promised…?-Jhope
He should seriously just admit he stinks at English. I think I should tell Yuri to slap some reality into his face when before she goes to school.


Riiigggt, cuz clearly you just won’t admit it to my face that you’re not very good at learning a second language XD-Me


Not true!!! I’m trying to be nice, you know T-T. Why not we negotiate then?-Jhope
I felt unsettled. What sort of agreement is he asking? Is he going to rob my house, or even worse my dog? Whoa, Natsumi. That’s a little too drastic.


Uh-oh, what will it be now? Should I be scared?-Me


No, in fact, you should be glad. Why not we hang out tomorrow? I actually don’t have any classes-they were postponed for the next day. I can show you around the district for some inspiration for your entries, and maybe if you’d like you can bring Yuri along. -Jhope
For some reason, I had the urge to NOT tell Yuri about our hang-out. She was nice and all, but I just felt it was suited more to a twosome than a . And, I wanted to walk the dog, but Mochi doesn’t count as a ‘human’. I began to type my answer.


Hmm, sure, why not. But, I’m bringing my dog, whether you like it or not XD I have to walk her around anyway, she’s getting fat -_-  -Me
But of course, I was lying. I know for a fact I couldn’t even get her off my bed no matter how much I try dragging her away.


ROFL, just like Yoongi XD okay, see you at the café at around 3 in the afternoon? -Jhope


Sure ^^ see you~ -Me
I smiled, all the way through brushing my teeth and combing my hair before settling in bed. Maybe hanging out with Hoseok won’t be as nerve-racking as I thought it would be.