Entry 8

The Journalist

~Hoseok~


As soon as I dropped off Natsumi, I never wanted to go out in public. I mean, I just confessed when I didn’t want to (at least not yet) and then I kissed her, which I sort of didn’t regret since Jimin always wanted to (beat him to it!) but I think I just made her even more confused. Even reading one of my favourite novels never helped me! I stayed at home, trying to keep my mind occupied by listening to Yoongi hyung rap with Namjoon, which wasn’t a big deal considering that they do this almost too much that we eventually learned their beats and whatnot, and we each learned how to sing and rap as well. After I finished my freestyle rap with Taehyung, my phone vibrated. I picked it up, seeing what I wish I hadn’t. it was Natsumi.


Hey, do you think we could talk?-Sumi
I thought the name was pretty cute, and besides I already gave her my nickname. Still, crap. She wanted to talk. She then sent another text to me:


Sorry, I meant if I could actually talk to you through the phone?-Sumi
Without a second thought, I just replied with a ‘yes’.


My phone vibrated, as the boys looked at me curiously. I quickly walked up to my room, making sure the door was closed before answering it. “Jung Hoseok speaking.” I with my formal tone. I heard a slight chuckle on the other line. “Natsumi Ayumu doesn’t understand your sense of humour.” God, even when she sounds melodramatic it’s cute. What the hell, Sumi. I’m glad she’s not here to see me blush like crazy. “Um, the reason why I wanted to talk to you was…” Oh crap here it comes. The question ‘why did you kiss me’ or ‘I think I’ve made my decision that we should no longer hang out’, maybe even an ‘I was lying about earlier and we should actually go out’. Okay, that last option was a little too farfetched, but the other’s seemed spot on. “-If you could show me more around Seoul? I emailed my parents about my Han River entry, and they absolutely loved it!” I smiled. “That’s great! But, why do you need to find more pictures?” “I promised my dad to email them in a days’ notice. Maybe you can show me a famous shop, or?” I bit my lip. I was going out with Natsumi once more. I think I should give a chance while I’m at it. Besides, I need to know how she felt after that kiss. I didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable-at the same time I just wanted to express how I really felt about her. “Okay,” I say finally. “How about next week? On a Saturday?” “Great. See you!” “See you, Sumi-ah!” I heard her scoff. “’Sumi’? Is that my official nickname now?” I can hear the smirk from her. “Yup. Just like how mine is Jhope.” “Right, but of course.” Chuckling, she said one last farewell before she hung up. I sighed, lying down on my bed, staring into the ceiling. What on earth have I just done?


~Natsumi~


Was I being too naïve..this whole time?  Maybe I was trying to ease the awkwardness, but besides that, I really did want to just explore more of the city. As soon as I hung up my phone rang with Yuri’s contact into view. “Girl, we never hang out as now!” She exclaimed. “I know, I have been really busy withmy entries.” “Wow, you found ideas? Good job! Though I know Hoseok most likely helped you of course.” I laughed. “Well, I still had to help him with his english, and…” Should I tell her what happened today? How would she react? “Jimin told me what Hoseok did, and boy was he ever so pissed.” Well, so much for that. I knew Jimin liked me, so who knows what he’ll do. Not only that, I was pissed at Hoseok himself. Why would he tell BTS about us? He knows it was just between the two of us. “Man, I don’t want to deal with this crap right now. Is it alright if you’d come over? I missed hanging out with you.” I know I sounded depserate, but I was just so tired. “Sure, be there in 5 minutes.” And the line went dead. I sighed, petting the sleeping body of Mochi beside me. “Why must my life be so dreadful?” I murmured.

~

The next week I had stayed in my usual corner spot in the café, dozing off in my music from my laptop. The door suddenly chimed, with Yuri quickly strutting to my table, looking down. She gave me a side glance, and what caught me by surprise was how she mouthed a ‘sorry’ before I even questionned her uneasiness. Jimin walked in right after, staring straight at me as he made his way to my booth. He looked at me with such content, with Yuri scowling down the floor. “Can I talk to you Natsumi?” I gave Yuri anapologetic smile before I slid out the booth following him near the washrooms, my heart thrumming in my ears. He sighed, keeping his gaze on the ground. “Do you like Hoseok hyung?” I raised my eyebrows, completely thrown off by the sudden question. I bit my lip, trying to word out my answer. “I honestly don’t know whether to like him as a friend or more than that.” And that was the only thing that came out my mouth, the truth. Jimin looked up, gazing into my eyes. Then out of the blue, he reached to give me a hug. Okay, what the hell is going on? Why does everyone seem to be touching me in some way?
Nonetheless I felt his warm breath tingle my ear, which made my skin prick up. “I’m sorry Natsumi, but I don’t want to lose you to Hoseok. I can do better, and I will.” He let go, which he kept a distance apart. With a smirk, he walked away, leaving me frozen. Anger suddenly boiled inside me.
He thinks that he owns a part of my world, doesn’t he?...

 

 

Now not only did I want to kill Hoseok for this, but Jimin was also on my hitlist.