Entry 3

The Journalist

After walking home with Yuri when she was done school, I quietly walked in my house, hearing a bark from my Shiatsu dog, Mochi. She pounced at my legs, wagging her tail happily among her white fur. “Hello~” I scratched her chin. She rolled over, wanting me to rub her tummy, which I did. “God, I’m hungry. I think I’m going to pound fresh green tea mochiko.”  Mochi whined. I laughed, carefully going over her fluffy body. “Don’t worry, I’m not talking about you,” She trailed behind me as I went into the kitchen, and began mixing the rice flour with green tea leaves, as well as some warm water. Once I mixed that, it began sticking together, which I quickly laid on the table that was covered with flour. I used my bamboo pestle and pounded it, until it became thin. I then rolled it into 3 balls and placed them in a small bowl. I sat at my window seat, with Mochi in my lap and my computer at the other side. I’ll admit: Hoseok was right about Han river. There were so many things I wrote about that place, not to mention I got decent pictures too. Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring, losing my concentration of wondering off again. I sighed, making Mochi jump off my legs and running to the door. I opened it to see a frowning Yuri, with Jimin from behind. “Well, I wasn’t expecting visitors, besides my tutor.” I smirked. Yuri groaned. “My blazer cuffs ripped! And so I wanted to call you if you could sew it, but Then Jimin kept bugging me about getting your number, so I decided to just walk instead.” She huffed, entering my house. Jimin smiled his cheeky grins at me. I heard Yuri laugh from playing with Mochi, as Jimin looked around like a kid in a museum. “You live by yourself?” I nodded. It was a fairly small place-2 rooms, 1 kitchen, and a large enough living room. I found it as a good place, with a good price I was able to afford on my own. “Mochi, don’t tackle  Jimin! You’ll ruin his pants!” I groaned, but instead, Jimin laughed a child-like tone. “It’s okay, really. Besides, I like dogs.” He bent over and scratched her head, which she began to roll onto her back, wanting a backrub. Pfft, Mochi was such an attention hog. “Oooh! Is that green tea mochi?” She pointed at the table with my food. I sighed. “You can have it. I’m no longer hungry. By the way, give me your blazer, since I might as well begin sewing it.” She reluctantly took it off, as I quickly went into my room to get the sewing kit and walking back. I saw Jimin stood up, walking over to the door. “What? Leaving already? I wanted to make you at least some noodles…” I pouted. I feel bad whenever I wasn’t able to entertain people long enough. He chuckled. “Don’t worry about it. Besides, the boys are probably looking for me.You know BTS by now? Hoseok told you about us.” I nodded, still remembering the picture. “Well, hopefully we can see each other again! See you at school Yuri!” And he walked out. “See you!” She called out, then resumed eating the rice flour balls. I sighed, sitting on the floor weaving the needle in and out the cuffs. “You know, he likes you, Natsumi.” Yuri said between chews. I raised my eyebrows. “Really? I thought that compliment of him thinking I was pretty was just another of his charms.” Mochi came around beside me and drifted to sleep in seconds. Yuri shook her head. “It’s true! During English today, Jimin kept urking me on things about you: favourite colour, food, what movies you seem to like.” I scoffed. “He should’ve just came to me for the answers instead.” She rolled her eyes. “Do you really want to be interrogated by some guy who is known for being a player?” Hm, she had a point. But still, if he did like me, it wasn’t like I had grown feelings for him back. My only interest was being a journalist-and I’d rather stick to being just that. After completing sewing her blazer, Yuri promised we would go out on the weekend, which would be tomorrow, right after my home schooling lessons. I plumped myself in bed, Mochi’s fur in my hands. Mochi looked at me with her big worried eyes. I smiled. “Don’t worry, I won’t like him any more than you.”