Entry 10

The Journalist

I was at home on Friday afternoon, and since it was raining I decided to just stay isolated in my room, watching one of my favourite movies: Howl’s Moving Castle. And it was perfect for me, with the sound of the rain tittering on the window, the nice brewed smell of my green tea, the coziness of my blanket wrapped around my body and the soft fur from Mochi beside me…how great is that? And then, my favourite scene of when the two characters fly has just been interrrupted by my phone vibrating. Sighing, I answered the phone. I already heard Yuri’s shrill voice before I answered back. “What the hell, Natsumi! I thought you were going to walk with Mochi.” I pressed play on my laptop, still with my cellphone in my hand. “I know, but it’s raining out.” “Check again.” She said in a monotone. Looking out the window, I realized she was right. It stopped raining. I groaned, straining out of my fluffy fleece cocoon, and walked over to my closet, deciding on what to wear. I came along a  dress, that went well with the jacket to go over it.

UntitledUntitled

I pulled up my hair to the side, finishing it with a blue crimson flower. I patted Mochi on her back, which she looked at me grumpily from disturbing her sleep. “C’mon, let’s go for a walk.” She yawned, and looked at me, as if she had a choice. I put her on a leash and grabbed my house keys as well as my camera and we headed off to the Han river, the sidewalk left with almost no raindrop scatters from the radiating sun drying it all up.

~

When we came over near the river, I already saw the all too familiar silver white hair gleaming in the light, as Yuri bounced right up to me and hugged me tightly. I struggled to hug back, but only gave her a pat since on my other hand Mochi kept tugging the leash. “You’re wearing the flower I gave you during our graduation in Sekoi Acadamy!” She grinned happily. Sekoi Acadamy was the junior school we finished before moving into Seoul. “Of course. Though I’ll have to say, you look amazing.” I eyed her outfit, which the hat suited her short hair quite well.

Untitled(Lol just pretend that this girl has silver white hair and it's short XD)

She chuckled. “You know I can’t handle compliments properly. Anyway, since you’re here there are great views just further down the river, I think they prohibit pets, and we can’t leave Mochi alone.” She smiled. I rolled my eyes.
“So, you tell me that just when we hang out you aren’t able to actually hang out?” I put my hand on my hip. She shrugged.  “Trust me, I did this for your own sake. You need entries, I’m just here to help you out!” she mock saluted me. I chuckled. Well, so much for your help,Yuri. Sighing, I decided to take her suggestion. She promised she would stay with Mochi at the same place near the entry, and what really wanted me to question her suspiciousness was how she smiled way too much than normally throughout that conversation. But nonetheless, I walked slowly ahead through the pathway. There was a few couples walking by, but mostly elderly ones. That, or small families having picnics under the blossoming trees. I took out my camera, making sure I don’t miss any good angles. I shouldn’t take too long, I don’t them to wait any longer. I thought, slowly reappearing into the bridge over the Han river, the red colour contrasting with the blue water.
There was something strange of how the person in front of me stood, their back in my view and their golden brown hair shone brilliantly, almost mysteriously. Without a second thought I took a picture, and just only one. I looked at it, and I don’t know why the person looked so familiar to me. I zoomed in, trying to see that annoying gleam on the person’s neck. I widened my eyes, slowly coming to a realization. It was the same golden chain necklacei gave to that ‘special’ friend of mine. That meant…I looked up slowly, seeing Hoseok staring at me back. My whole world quaked beneath me, which I felt like I was going to collapse. The sun seemed to glare on me harder, my heart beating faster. Why am I…why am I like this? Why now?
“Natsumi.” He began to speak, his rich voice flowed in my ears. My throat ran dry, unable to speak. Suddenly, my anger towards him came right back, as I glared at him, deepening my frown. “What are you doing here?” I say coldly, trying to push back my guilt from being too harsh. He bit his lip, trying not to show how shocked to hear my voice. I gulped. “Natsumi, Yuri planned on me talking to you today, that’s why she lied saying she would stay with Mochi. If anything, you could at least try and listen to what I am going to say. And you can go ahead and hate on me forever, if you want.” He gave me a small smile, which I couldn’t refuse. I sighed, crossing my arms. “Well, I guess I’ll beat up Yuri for this later.” I chuckled, making his smile grow even bigger. “Yuri showed me last week when you were with Jimin after school of the text conversation you guys had. In short, it was about me..and how you kinda confessed you liked me back.” I winced. God, I knew I should’ve asked for more questions about her sudden tardiness that day, but no, I’m just too much of a day dreamer. “I think I’m just going to head back.” I say numbly, turning around. I felt a strong grip from him as he spun me around so that his face was inches from mine. “Sumi-ah, please. Look, I’m sorry if everything has been messed up, thinking I told Jimin but I didn’t. Jimin told me that his friend saw us, and told him. I honestly didn’t know he was there, I swear on my life.” He looked at me with such seriousness..I just had to believe him. “So, it wasn’t just a act?” I asked cautiously. He nodded firmly. I sighed. “Are we good?” he held out a hand. It took me a moment to think of my answer before reaching out and shaking it. I coughed, trying to hide how embarrased I was for being cold to him earlier. How does he do it? I might as well change the attitude of the awkard atmosophere right now anyway. “Um, just to be clear, you’re fine with me already taking a picture of you, right?” I smirked, showing the picture of him standing before. He dropped his mouth wide open. “No way.” He grabbed my camera, which I failed to get back with my small arm trying to grab it. “Wow, is that how I look from the back?” he tried shifting the camera in different angles, but he still didn’t seem to get a better perspective. I scoffed, moving closer to him. “Yes, you’re back looks the same as your front.” I teased, looking up at him. I never noticed just how close our faces were, and all I saw were his deep brown eyes gazing into mine. My heart fluttered, as they seemd to reach closer to my face. I felt his warm breath hover my lips, before his met with them. I closed my eyes, feeling the warm sensation flood through me, and I responded with kissing right back, which I felt a small smile on his mouth, as he tugged on my waist to bring me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, still the same situation as the last kiss, but the feeling was different. It was new, rivoting, I felt that it was more gentle, but passionate. He trailed his fingers along the side of my arm to the back of my neck, as I trailed mine in his hair before we broke apart, putting our foreheads together and sharing a chuckle together. “I think, it’s the time to confess, Sumi.” I laughed softly, by how sudden his words were.
“I love you, idiot Hoesok.” I say softly, stifling a laugh. He trailed his fingers along my face, a smile spread onto his. “I love you too, Natsumi Ayumu.” And hand in hand, we walked back to the entrance, the sun hidden behind the trees as if watching us carefully, its orange body covered by the shadows of the trees hovering above us.

~

~Hoseok~


We saw the rest of BTS waiting with Yuri and what I was assuming was Sumi’s dog. As soon as they saw us they all began cheering, even the dog barked, wagging it’s tail happily. “Yuri, I am so going to kill you.” Sumi smiled, letting go of my hand and hugging Yuri tightly. She snickered, wrapping her arms around her too. “I know you’re glad I actually hooked you both up.” Sumi punched her arm playfully, laughing. I felt a touch on my shoulder and when I turned around it was Jimin. “I hope  for the best for you two.” He smiled softly. I gave that back to him, followed by a long hug. He didn’t hesitate in hugging right back.”Are you going to be alright?” I asked him. He smiled, nodding. “It’s..for the best.” Chuckling, he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. I felt glad that he moved on, and for the best part at least he was trying. Namjoon patted me on the back, as well as Jin on finally getting a girlfriend. I’ll be honest, according to school right now, I was being so cold towards others just so I can focus more without the attention, which seemed to work along well, other than knowing BTS hanging out with me. But hanging out with them long enough I realized I wanted to venture out more into my social world. I wanted to talk to more people, try and make new friends in each of my classes, but my coldness got the better of me. That’s why I stopped trying so hard and went back to my regular hard-worker mode. I looked over at Sumi, feeling a blush crept on my face by her sweet laugh and radiant smile that came right after. How lucky was I that Jimin became friends with Yuri in our English class that through that, I met Natsumi. Without that rainy day, I would have never even been close to the both of them like how I was now. Jungkook grabbed my hand and dragged me in the centre of the circle they formed, along with Namjoon doing the same to Sumi. “Hyung, Natsumi, you guys have to kiss in front of us now!” they all snickered. Sumi groaned, rolling her eyes. “What? You guys probably had a nice little scene back there, so now we have to see it for oursleves! Otherwise, you guys aren’t an official couple.” Yoongi hyung smirked. God, why does he always tease us like this? I looked over at Sumi, giving her a look signaling that they won’t give up until we actually do what we’re told, as she sighed, turning to face me.
“Close your eyes.” She said softly, feeling her breath tickling my ear. Chuckling, I did what she told me to. I heard stifled laughter, as well as I felt something furry against my face. Suddenly, I felt something wet, almost as if...it drooled all over my mouth. Um, our kiss wasn’t slobbery, and how come her hand feels small and furry? Confused, I opened my eyes and jumped back, startled to see Sumi holding her dog in front of her, as she laughed.
“Wow, Hoseok. I can’t believe you cheated me on my dog, Mochi.” She smiled jokingly. I wiped my mouth hurriedly, which the boys earned a glare from me right after as they all began to join in the laugh. Sumi held her dog by the leash, and then walked up to me, planting a soft kiss on my cheek. “Though, I’ll still love you for being a gullible idiot, Mr. Jhope.” she smiled, appreciating the nickname.  I smirked, coming close to her face, seeing her tense up. “It’s Mr. Hoseok, to you.” And I closed the gap with another mesmerising kiss that made it linger to her lips. “Okay, enough with the lovey dovey crap. Let’s go home.” Taehyung pinpointed, as we agreed. Already the sun slept and the moon was slowly arising. We laughed and talked, until I dropped Natsumi home.That night I stared up the ceiling, thinking about today. I didn’t mind when I wasn’t alone with Natsumi. Natsumi still had her dog Mochi and Yuri by her side, I still had BTS; a family I could never get tired of. Closing my eyes, I drifted to a pleasant sleep full of colourful dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

FINISHED! Well, how was it? I’m sorry if it was very short, (possibly boring) but I was really glad for the idea.
Thank you again, and it was so much fun writing this. I think I might take a break from actually writing full length chapters and just write oneshots for now, or at least I find another brilliant idea to come crashing into my head. Till’ then, keep reading!

-B.B