6

Babysitter

Hyeri instantly locked all the doors of the car.

"Unnie. We need to go." Hyeri said.

Sojin climbed into the front seat again and started the engine and drove off quickly.

"You can't go home.. I can't go home.. Let's stay at Yura's house.." Sojin mumbled, driving as fast as she could but not going over the speed limit.

Hyeri was getting dressed in the back. "Will she mind?"

"I don't care if she says no. We can't go anywhere else." Sojin said.

She parked the car on Yura's drive way then the two girls went up to the door and knocked. Yura opened the door and looked at them.

"..It's not my birthday yet." Yura said.

"Let us in. We need to hide." Sojin said seriously.

Yura let them in and they sat in the living room together.

"Who are you hiding from?" Yura asked.

"Hyeri's parents. They saw us.. Uhm.." Sojin stopped.

"Hugging? Kissing? Feeling each other up?" Yura frowned as they both nodded. "Where was this?"

"In a car park.." Sojin mumbled.

"We were in a car though." Hyeri said.

"You can't stay here forever though you know." Yura said.

"I know. We'll be out by tomorrow. Please just let us stay. We won't do anything. I just want Hyeri to be safe." Sojin said, then she looked over at Hyeri and smiled.

"Where are we going to go after here unnie?" Hyeri asked.

"Uh.. My uncle's house.. I think.." Sojin said. "It depends if he's in the country though.."

Yura got up and went into the kitchen. "Do you two want anything to eat?"

Hyeri gasped loudly. "Pizza!"

"I ate earlier. Just give her some pizza." Sojin said.

 

That night, they ended up staying at Yura's house. Sojin had spoken on the phone to her uncle who was going to let them stay at his house for a while. Sojin had told him the entire story, since her family was pretty open minded he accepted it quite well and congratulated the two.

They got up early in the morning and started the long drive. It wasn't long before they got stuck in traffic though on the highway.

"Unnie.. I need the bathroom.." Hyeri groaned.

"Just hold it in.." Sojin said, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel.

"But I reaaally need it.." Hyeri tugged on Sojin's arm.

"Well what do you want me to do? There's nowhere you can go." Sojin looked at the younger girl.

"Just.. Pull over.. I'll go behind that tree." Said Hyeri, pointing.

Sojin pulled over and Hyeri got out and ran behind the tree. Little did Sojin know, another car had pulled up behind them. Hyeri's parents. Sojin was sat in the car waiting when she was suddenly dragged out of the car.

"You disgusting woman!" A voice yelled, then a ton of abuse was hurled at Sojin as the person, Hyeri's father, starting to kick her, punch her, scratch her, and any other ways he could damage her he used.

"Let g-go! Please! I'm sorry!" Sojin cried in pain.

"SOJIN!" Hyeri's voice screeched. "SOJIN!"

Sojin looked up to see Hyeri struggling around in her mother's grip.

"H..Hyeri!" Sojin yelled weakly.

"Sojin! Sojin.. Sojin.." Hyeri's voice faded as she was shoved into the back seat of her parent's car.

Sojin was close to passing out when Hyeri's father let go of her and went back to his own car and drove off, almost hitting Sojin with it. Sojin lay at the side of the road, weak and vulnerable. She heard the sound of sirens, then she out.

 

"HOW COULD YOU?!" Hyeri screamed in the back of the car. "Why would you do such a thing?!"

"She got what she deserved! How dare she put her filthy hands on my daughter!" Hyeri's father growled.

"You didn't have to beat her up though! You're a horrible person.." Hyeri hissed, then she curled up in a ball and started to cry, wondering what was happening to Sojin.