4

Babysitter

Hyeri didn't go back to school for the rest of the week. She spent all her time with Sojin and they either stayed inside watching movies and cuddling or walking out in the park. Today they decided to go shopping.

"Sojin unnie!" Hyeri called, pointing to a pet shop. "I want to go look at the rabbits!"

"Okay, but we can't get a rabbit." Said Sojin.

They went into the pet shop together and spent a while looking at the different rabbits. Sojin heard her name being called. She looked around and saw Yura shuffling over to her.

"What are you doing here Sojin?" Yura asked.

"Hyeri wanted to look at the rabbits." Sojin said.

"Shouldn't Hyeri be at school? Isn't she fourteen or something?" Yura frowned a bit.

"She's sixteen. She.. She doesn't have to be at school today.." Sojin mumbled quietly.

"You're an awful liar. Why are you both here?" Yura looked at Sojin, then at Hyeri who was too busy looking at the rabbits. "..You're wearing couples stuff."

"No we're not. Yura, shouldn't you be working?" Sojin quickly tried to change the conversation, but Yura was sure she was onto something.

"Are you a couple?" Yura asked.

"No." Sojin said, then Hyeri came over.

"Sojin unnie, let's go~" Said Hyeri, tugging Sojin's arm.

"I'll see you later, Yura." Said Sojin, then she walked off with Hyeri.

Yura watched them walk away. She saw how Hyeri held onto Sojin tightly and how Sojin's arm was around Hyeri. Something wasn't quite right, and she had to find out what was going on.

 

Hyeri and Sojin went back to Sojin's house where they sat on the couch together watching a movie. They both fell asleep in the middle of the movie and didn't hear the front door open.

Yura entered the house slowly, followed by Minah who closed the front door quietly. As they slowly approached, Sojin moved around a bit, putting Hyeri in between her legs with her arms wrapped around the younger girl. Yura slowly pulled the blanket away that covered the two sleeping girls. Minah let out a small gasp when she saw that the two were only in their underwear. Yura pulled out a notepad and started writing something down. After she was done writing, she went upstairs to inspect the rest of the house with Minah following close behind. It was only when Sojin heard the sounds of squeaky floorboards that she woke up and decided to investigate. Hyeri also woke up as she felt Sojin move away.

"Unnie.. Don't go.." Hyeri groaned, pulling Sojin back.

"There's someone in the house.. Stay there.." Sojin mumbled.

"Be careful then unnie.." Hyeri closed her eyes again and fell asleep.

She grabbed a baseball bat from the corner of the room and put on a big hoodie and went upstairs. Yura and Minah were now in the bedroom. Sojin ran in and swung the baseball bat around, then she realised it was her friends.

"Ya! What are you doing here?!" She yelled.

"Something suspicious is going on, we need to know!" Yura said.

"Please don't deal drugs!" Minah sobbed. She'd started crying as soon as Sojin had entered the room.

"Nothing suspicious is going on and I'm not dealing drugs!" Sojin glared at Yura. "What the hell are you doing Yura? You can't just come into my house when I'm sleeping!"

"Sleeping with Hyeri it seems. In your underwear." Yura said. "Don't you think that's a bit strange?"

"..Hyeri likes to sleep like that. It keeps her warm and comfortable. There's nothing going on between us. I swear." Sojin started to look scared.

"Stop lying Sojin.." Minah whispered.

"Fine. But you can't tell anyone." Sojin said. "And if you do, I'll beat you up."

"Mhmm.. I promise.. But isn't it illegal to be with her? You're in your twenties, she's only sixteen." Yura said, giving Sojin a worried look.

"It's not illegal unless they have.." Minah stopped.

"..Have you done it?" Yura asked seriously.

Sojin didn't speak.

"Sojin.. Say something.." Minah said quietly.

"..We did.." Sojin sighed.

"You could get arrested for this Sojin.. You do realise that don't you? And where are Hyeri's parents?" Yura said, sighing as well.

There was a small sniffle at the door. Hyeri was stood there wrapped up in the blanket.

"Sojin unnie.." Hyeri whispered. She had tears in her eyes.

"Hyeri, why are you crying?" Sojin rushed over to Hyeri and hugged her tightly.

"Because.. I.. I don't want you to get arrested.." Hyeri sobbed into Sojin's hoodie.

"I won't.. Not if the police don't know.. Hyeri.. Please don't cry.." Sojin tried to soothe Hyeri by her hair, but it just made Hyeri worse.

"Sojin.. We'll leave now. We won't tell anyone." Yura said, then she left the house with Minah.

Sojin lifted Hyeri onto the bed and lay down next to her, holding her close until she fell asleep again. Sojin rolled away from the younger girl and started to cry into her pillow. She was scared, she didn't want to get in trouble. A few minutes later, Hyeri rolled over. She was awake again.

"Unnie.." Hyeri said softly. "What's wrong?"

Sojin tried to wipe away her tears quickly, but Hyeri saw.

"N-Nothing.." Sojin started.

"Why are you sad unnie? Is it because of me?" Hyeri sat up and started to cry as well. "I don't want you to get in trouble because of me unnie!"

"Hyeri, don't you start crying too.. Please.. It's not your fault.." Sojin sat up too and pulled Hyeri into a hug.

"But it is my fault unnie.." Hyeri started.

"No.. No it isn't.." Sojin said, then she started to kiss Hyeri until the younger girl was lying down and sleeping again.